2019-12-14 11:05:23

hello
@49, i tryed to ocr the retroarch window, and I saw that in this window, all menus are strange like narrator saying.

let's rock!

2019-12-14 11:17:10

hello
i changed language and now all works fine.
btw it'll be nice if you will add screenreaders support

let's rock!

2019-12-14 11:42:28

hello
i have some questions:
can someone explane how to configure input settings?
does this emulator have the autoconfigure gamepad settings? i mean if i'll try to use my xbox controller with this emulator, can this emulator make a autoconfiguring buttons?
and one more question: i tryed to launch arcade and ps1 games and i have a lot of lags. how i can fix it?

let's rock!

2019-12-14 12:15:09

yes. it will autoconfigure itself.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2019-12-14 12:41:39

Hey Barry, I was going to open an issue for this but forgot last night. I set up the AI service with ztranslate, however after using it a few times, it crashed with a floating point exception error and nothing more in the terminal. I was toggling the AI service on/off

Also what's the exact difference between speech/narrator mode precisely? And a huge huge thanks for doing this Barry, you are awesome in my book. Finally got a use for my old PS1/2 discs now.

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

2019-12-14 12:46:31

Hi.

Ok, call me stupid or a slow thinker, but what exactly does this AI do? It reads stuff, I get that much, but what does it read and what doesn't? I suppose in game menus would not work, if they would, you could go and start managing teams in for example MLB the show and the like which would be quite interesting.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2019-12-14 13:11:20 (edited by mojsior 2019-12-14 13:11:56)

Hi.
I have a problem with getting a latest nightly build for windows from the page.
When I am going to any folder with build number there it says the this directory is empty.
Can you give a link for the latest nightly build.

2019-12-14 15:20:03

!57: you can download the latest nightly from https://www.retroarch.com/?page=platforms under the "cross platform" heading. Find the "download nightly" link.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2019-12-14 15:27:01

Okay, two things. If I were to create a list of games accessible to us with Retroarch, how would y'all want to collaborate on it? Google Docs, Gist, a full Github repository, or what? I'd love to have a central list of playable older console games, and how best to play them (sound cues, where best to use the rewind feature, save states and such. Or maybe a whole folder would be better if we'll do save states...

Also, Retroarch has a Discord server:

https://www.retroarch.com/?page=discord

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2019-12-14 15:29:07

Tried running it via the log shortcut, it crashed, but no log.

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2019-12-14 15:53:14 (edited by Lirin 2019-12-14 15:53:47)

Well, I wanted to play my favourite Princess Crown for saturn or PSP but on both systems it is crashing just some time after beginning the new game. Is it the the retroarch itself or the game isn't emulated well? (as far as I know it is)

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2019-12-14 16:07:17

#61: for PSP, make sure you've followed these steps: https://docs.libretro.com/library/ppsspp/

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2019-12-14 16:17:23

Is it possible to make retroarch accessible on Linux? I am using the latest version of Ubuntu. If so, I want to know how you make retroarch accessible on linux. I have tried directly from the .cfg file with no results. I know it is possible on the Mac and windows.

Phoenix

2019-12-14 16:20:51

#62 I've tried using it on Saturn system and it is exactly the game. AFter some text when starting new game the emulator is crashing. The same when I am trying to change the window to fullscreen.

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2019-12-14 16:25:29

#63: You have to get the nightly build, it'll work with that.

#64: See this page: https://docs.libretro.com/library/beetle_saturn/ for the Saturn. It looks like you just have to put the bios into the Saturn's System folder.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2019-12-14 16:34:33

This is really cool stuff. I didn't realise the developer already joined this forum. I just looked through a few of the most recent GitHub issues and didn't see one for the unresponsive speech on Windows, so I opened one here

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

2019-12-14 17:05:00

hello
how i can reduse lags in arcade and ps1 games?
when i launching this games i have very big lags.

let's rock!

2019-12-14 17:21:20

For the list of games, I'd say a github repo.

That way we can break it down by system and keep savestates in, for instance

/2600
/5200

And so on.

Also a list of preferred cores, guides, etc. Though I'd argue we shouldn't list where to get games in the repo, because Google more than suffices for that one

Also on Linux natively

2019-12-14 17:28:09

@67: It depends on your system specs. Also, I'm pretty sure   broke NesTopia....or rather, savestates did. I forgot which NES core people said to use, so  tried that one.

It broke loading a savestate, okay back to my habit of breaking stuff again.

Also, any reason why rapidly toggling the AI service would cause a floating point exception? It solely stated that on my terminal with nothing telling in the log

Also on Linux natively

2019-12-14 17:42:15

hello
@69, i have intel core i5 7300hq 2.5 ghz, to 3.4 ghz, and i have nvidia gforce 1050 ti 4gb, and 12 gigs of ram.
and also i want to say, that i have big lags in all emulators nes, sega mega drive, snes, ps1, arcade.

let's rock!

2019-12-14 17:43:18

I don't think so it is BIOS related. No matter what I am trying to load it is crashing after some time, couple of seconds or longer.
Changing video related stuff is also crashing the program like changing to fullscreen for example.

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2019-12-14 17:50:52

ALso, when loading Saturn it is starting the BIOS and no game. What could be wrong? I am experimenting with recomennded Saturn emuator

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2019-12-14 18:24:49

well, i put ps1 bios to retroarch\system and now ps1 games works fine, but how i can fix lags in nes snes and sega mega drive games?

let's rock!

2019-12-14 18:37:44

I wonder if I'm getting the floatingpoint exception? There is literally no log after the crash.

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2019-12-14 18:40:59

Hi.
I have some problems with this program.
I have turned on accessibility, but I can not run the game.
I want to run rhythm heaven, so I have installed a core for nintendo gamecube and wi, from oline update.
After loading the room emulator crashes inmedially.
I will try to modify some video settings but I dont know where is the problem.
I found a bug somewhere.
Retro arch is runnin in my default language which is polish and I see that speech synthesizer doesnt reads polish diatritics, so is it any way to change a language of retro arch to english.