2019-12-03 04:50:43

Holy mcstuff. It takes a ton to be blind isis. Hell I wonder if its even possible.

-
"There is beauty in simplicity."

2019-12-03 05:42:02

So you come on to a forum where I'm gonna say 98% of people are at least mildly proficient with a standard computer instead of just a note taker and many are more advanced, who actually communicate with people outside their environment, some of which are willing to play mainstream games even and many of which are willing to use services like Youtube to watch streamers they like, and you try to call us Blinktards?
Dude, your missing the mark here, wrong group.

2019-12-03 06:19:00

Also, from an academic standpoint, Britain is still butting heads with the EU over Brexit so you kind of doubly failed to provide accurate examples of groups that are actually united. In truth, no group is fully, absolutely, completely united over anything and everything, there is always gonna be some people on the outskirts as it were. It doesn't even have to be a few bad apples spoiling the bunch, either - it could be a few people just simply not as invested as the rest, and that's more reasonable than winy entitlement making its way into a group that will more often than not give it a bad rap.

2019-12-03 07:09:29

#26, lol.
#28, agreed.

If you found this post helpful, amusing or funny, please thumb it up!
To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.

2019-12-03 08:21:48

Moderation:
I'm going to leverage a caution, not a warning, for this. Doubling down, however, will escalate this to a warning.
Lawrence, I understand the point you're trying to get at here, I really do. I agree with the thrust of your message, but take exception to the way it was delivered, and this is why you have a caution.
1. First, the name-calling. This is a form of personal attack, or could be construed as such. I have not, at this time, taken it to the staff list, but it's possible that if we discuss it, the presence of these labels like "blinktards" and "blastards", clunky as they are, may be deemed personal attacks toward the community at large, or the members of which it is comprised. Quite apart from their status as potential personal attacks, it's just childish. If you want to unite a group that's shown itself to be fractious and immature, why muddy the water by tossing around words like this? You claim you're being funny, sarcastic or ironic; I say you missed that boat by a long shot, and I'm not the only one.
2. There were three separate reports about this topic, so clearly several users took exception to this. This kind of falls under the umbrella of community failure. Now, lest the rest of you get the idea that banding together to raise hell about any topic of your choosing automatically means we have to treat it the way you want us to? Stop right there. No, we really don't. But when something is truly divisive, and several people come to report it, that's an indication that some harm, however unintended, has been done. Now, on the subject of intentions, I can't say with any certainty that you didn't mean harm, but you seem to be clearheaded enough to understand that you have to take responsibility for what you say, so I don't think the "I didn't know it would upset people" argument holds a lot of water. If nothing else, I hope this has taught you how such things can go awry.
3. Now, the Isis thing. TheDwarfer is correct in that you never came out and tried to encourage us to join Isis. I recognize the fallacy he's pointing out. However, there is no denying that you brought up a terrorist organization as a means of some sort of standard we should emulate, and that's just...a bad idea. There were a couple of people in the past trying to call me a dictator and referring to me as "mini-Hitler". Inasmuch as they knew I wasn't gassing Jews or pushing an Aryan agenda, they were implying that my behaviour was tyrannical, and just sort of spraying words about it after that point. I feel like your own comparison is in the same boat. If you didn't know that this reference was in extremely poor taste, you should have. Also? Many of our users are from the middle East, where Isis is, I believe, still active and sometimes gets up to some pretty awful stuff. What's to say that we don't have people here who have personally been affected by terrorist groups? It's not impossible; it's not even super unlikely. Even if you weren't actually trying to tell us to join Isis, or comparing us directly to Isis, your comparison was in extremely bad taste.

Take all those things together, and that's why you have a caution. I want to warn you, quite honestly, but I also don't want to use a sledgehammer where a smaller, subtler tool will accomplish the same message.

If there's a takeaway from this, for heaven's sake consider what you say far more carefully in future.

As an aside, I'd like to point out, in the interest of fairness, that I'm going to have my eye on you a bit more over the next while, in an unofficial capacity. I won't say exactly what it is I'll be doing - nothing illicit, nothing more than using observation skills I already possess and utilize when needed, essentially - but you've begun to fire alarm bells in my head. Your speech patterns remind me a little of a user who was banned very shortly before you showed up, and what's more, your propensity for sometimes just saying stuff and then dealing with backlash is similar as well. I'm starting to wonder if you are really a new user, or just the banned user trying to pull a long con. At this time, I have no proof, and will not treat you any differently, but in the interest of full disclosure, I wanted you to know that you're starting to make me curious. If you are not that banned user and take offense to this, all I can say is that the truth will come out in the end, and you will face no prejudicial behaviour or sanction if you're innocent. If you are, in fact, the banned user, however, I urge you to come clean sooner than later, rather than have one of us find evidence enough to be certain of your deceit.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-12-03 10:52:48

Understand @ Jayd and The Dwarfer. @jayd, if your  implying my writting style is identicle to Jaidon's its because I'm his cousin and we live in the same region. Yeah ill take the warning. Also @the Dwarfer I have mastagmitism. Jesus not gonna attempt to spell that smile
Keep in mind I  reported myself.
Now about BLISIS? Lets attack the santa factory. Santa wont be able to smash us!

Pessimism is good
It keeps you from making stupid mistakes
And keeps you safe
The heck with optimism

2019-12-03 11:45:11

Wait now I've seen you radical now!
@1, I really hate ISIS by the way: They're not believing in Islam, but only satanism. Satanism!
Only satanism!
And as for that tittle it is disrespectfull to me and the others, it's dangerous and it really makes!
you a dictator, and it's so... so... Radical. I don't have any words into that respect, but it's so dam radical.
Oh, look at you're beautifull posts! They're just an electro excuse to have more attention to the others, nothing more but just fake news and what I was just thinking?
Oh com on Canon, you're cousin? where's he? I demand to him what you're brother has written on the forum to redeam his behavior!

73 Wj3u

2019-12-03 12:13:43

This guy is jaden. 100 per cent. Don’t need to have IP addresses to know.

2019-12-03 16:31:24

@cmerry: How do you figure? I mean, yeah you have the questionable timing of when he showed up, i.e. after Jadon got banned. Sure, it could be that he told his cousin about the forum at a similar time and it's just coincidence, or as you said it could very well be a stunt. If there's something that gives you proof beyond a shadow of a doubt that he's Jadon it would help to let us know what exactly that is, as right now there's a possibility of that being unlikely. I believe we all thought that Ultimate Blade might've been an alt of Crazygamer, but it turned out that wasn't true, at least not for now since he is still a member. So unless you have proof it might not be the best idea to say you know for absolute certain that he is an alt.

2019-12-03 16:49:12

Greetings all.

Okay; let's address the topic's main points. Before I do that, I must say that I was not offended by anything Lawrence_McSu wrote. Do the various blind communities act self entitled? No, not exactly; the individuals that are in said communities act self entitled; I've witnessed this before. Unfortunately, those who act this way are a very vocal minority and due to them dominating each group whenever they can get away with it, people think that they represent aforesaid groups as a whole. As for companies charging far more than they should, unfortunately this is a very niche market and although not small by any means, the sighted far outnumber the blind and low-vision. I'm not sure what can be done about products that are seemingly very expensive; I say this because the majority of us don't earn much money and because of that, said products are indeed very expensive for us. I don't know how much an average blind or low-vision individual makes but I earn around £900 a month. This may sound like a lot but it really isn't. Once you factor bills and expenses, you're left with around £200 or so to do with what you will. If you want to buy that brand new braille display, you'll have to save up and not buy any luxuries or even go out to restaurants if you can help it in order to save up. If you want to earn more then you'll have to find employment that pays well and try not to spend the majority of what you earn on transportation but try to use either public transportation or walk if possible. Unfortunately for many people, it's a vicious circle because the more you earn, the less you have if you have no choice but to use what you earn on transportation. That's why I quit the job I once had at a perfumery testing out different smells because even though I was earning, I had to spend it on transportation and I ended up with less in my bank than what I had before the job. That doesn't mean however that I don't mind working, it does however mean that it wouldn't make any sense working at a dead end job that I didn't enjoy and that doesn't pay well.

As for movies being audio described, more are coming but unfortunately some of the older titles may never be described unless we ask someone to do that for us. As for braille menus, ramps to make places wheelchair accessible and the like, I don't deny that not all places are accessible for wheelchairs and not all restaurants have braille menus and that's where we need to rely on the goodness of others. How about we ask them to apply to be on just eat or some other service of that nature so that they are at least accessible electronically? As much as it would be nice to live in a world where everything is accessible, it's better if we can adapt to the world as it is. As for more technology being accessible, we now have smart speakers, smart phones etc and more devices are able to be controlled from said smart devices. I am eternally grateful for what I have and it's better to ask for things to be made accessible rather than demanding. I'm all for the carrot and never the stick.

As for banding together as a single unified group, or a number of groups with similar goals, that's what petitions are for. Check out change.org and you can either create or sign existing petitions that you feel strongly about and that match your goals.

Kind regards, Amin Abdullah.

2019-12-03 16:56:49

I looked at the subject line and completely disregarded the entire post.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2019-12-03 17:58:38

@32, What's your deal with the word "radical?" It seems like you're making huge logic jumps when comparing Lawrence to a dictator.
I'm just more confused than anything.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2019-12-03 18:28:53

Oh I'm fairly certain he's Jaidon too. His writing style is identical, his temperament is the same, and first Jaidon was his friend but now he is his cousin?

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-12-03 18:39:09

I have my suspicions, as I said, but I don't yet have proof, and may never have it. This means I can't act in good conscience. If I acted on every suspicion I had or impulse I experienced, a lot of you wouldn't be here. lol Believe me, initial impulses when reading certain things can be extremely sharp.

That said, I can't stress this enough. Being found out is always, always worse than fessing up on your own. Where possible, it's better to come clean to something you've done, as opposed to having someone else find out and react. Lawrence, if you're Jaidon, it is only a matter of time before you are found out, so do us a favour if that's the case and just come talk to us. If you're not, however, I stand by what I said. I won't persecute you, and I won't stand for others doing it either.

Speaking of which: guys, talking like you flat-out know person A is a banned alt, when you don't have more than circumstantial evidence at best, is definitely a bit on the dangerous side. We don't need to start a witch-hunt here. Hell, the only reason I spoke up is because I generally don't like ambushing people or creeping around on them. If I have my eye on you, I want you to know it.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-12-03 19:05:33

On Jade's side here.  While I'm not a mod anymore, I'd probably run it through everyone else and do my absolute best to obtain some sort of consensus ruling, but not expect everyone to want to outright ban @Lawrence_McSu on suspicion alone.  Incontrovertible evidence is necessary here, and we just don't have it.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2019-12-03 23:40:52

@Jack, Jayd and Nocturnus thank you for respecting the innocent until proven guilty policy most nations believe in. Anyways, Jayd I PINGED you an explanation.

Pessimism is good
And keeps you safe
The heck with optimism

2019-12-03 23:41:57

Also,

Not going to change the title or SP

Pessimism is good
And keeps you safe
The heck with optimism

2019-12-03 23:43:06

Well if you want to be taken seriously I don't think this topic title is going to get you very far, because:

Liam wrote:

I looked at the subject line and completely disregarded the entire post.

2019-12-04 10:32:36

i aproove of him not changing the title, because instead of deleting his passed maybe he will try to better in the feuture

2019-12-04 12:23:13

I always compare a badd person here with a dictator, thats was making me the heck out of it.
Yeah, we know that we have here friends from the middle east, but there's a big difference, but sorry if I go too religious here or something: Those from ISIS are becaming so satanic that I cannot inform that if they're following what they're religion tells [them]. Plus, those guys are ortodoxians and in most cases a human predator organization who's main task is to, well... kill in the name of God? What the techno I was just reading about this organization?

73 Wj3u

2019-12-04 13:21:18

they dont listen any kind of religion, they get their priceless orders from their masters

2019-12-04 13:57:13

I'm trying to imagine how blind terrorists would work:
Hi, Aira. Could you look at this suicide belt and tell me which one is the Jihad button and which one's the go home and have another supper with the wife and family button?
Congratulations. An Uber car is on its way to pick you up and deliver you to the capital building. Excuse me, Uber driver, do you mind helping me load these explosives into your car? Hi, Uber? I'd like to lodge a complaint because your driver left me on the side and didn't want to pick me up because I had explosives. This is impinging upon my rights. Please discipline him.
Damn! These explosives re controlled by a mobile app, but it doesn't work with Voiceover. Now how do I blow up this establishment?
Hi, security guard. Yes, I'm blind. Could you sighted guide me to the most important room in this building? Don't mind all the bulges under my thick jacket.

Kai

Spill chuck you spots!

2019-12-04 17:26:31

Yeah electro. I always  say they dont worship alah or even satan. They are controlled by their desire for destruction and power. Maybe even admiration? Blind isis. Imagine this. Pochie, bite all the people you see while I explode my kama kasi stick.

Pessimism is good
And keeps you safe
The heck with optimism

2019-12-04 21:32:58

"Yeah, but before you destroy my house, you really gotta try my wife's pork roast. Believe me, it's the bomb. I never knew pressure cooker pork roast could be so good!"

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2019-12-04 22:38:04

lol!