2019-12-03 08:58:08

Ok, so I just got a brand new copy of a hero's call. Can I have some general tips for playing? Also, is a mouse absolutely required because I don't own one.

Add me on Skype, search for The Evil Chocolate Cookie

2019-12-03 09:23:07

just, go with the flow.

allow me to speak more,
catch me on Twitter
or, Mastodon

2019-12-03 09:43:09

you dont need a mouse to play the game, the game evin lets you map your keys if i remember that right
and the game has already a tutorial, if you stuck, use the search feature at
forum.audiogames.net/search.php
type the quest name in the textbox for example and click search, you will probably find your answer

2019-12-03 13:15:34

first, don't start the quest until level 5 or 10.
cause, quest area's enemies are strong.
and important thing, don
't miss any objects. explore very carefully.
this is my tip for getting started.

hi. i am a dark matter miner. yeah, i am setting mines that when something steps on it, it will explode and release huge amount of dark matters. oh sorry... i am a slave miner, i am mining dark matters...

2019-12-03 13:46:16

I've not really tried starting anything yet, except the game itself, mainly to get familiar with mechanics. Has anyone actually played through it somewhere? Just curious. I like to watch different strategies for the same game.

Add me on Skype, search for The Evil Chocolate Cookie

2019-12-03 14:17:54

If you are interested in watching someone play through the game, you can Watch Leam´s live streams on Youtube. His streams are very useful to Watch. I got through some quests thanks to his videos.

2019-12-03 15:40:22

@4, I played the game once, and I usually start the quest at my first level. I have no problem with it at all. I can seems to defeat enemies without problems. Unlike Manamon, all the enemies that you've encountered in the game is matching the level of your character anyway. So don't worry of getting defeat in the game. Unless you screw yourself over.

2019-12-03 15:55:10

I always try and get all the characters as soon as I can, rather than just staying in one area. Gwen and Mathias are pretty easy to find. Alexia is only a little harder. Simeon is only a little harder than that, but the mines are a bit mazelike.

I also take it upon myself to visit the graveyard and forest quite a bit in order to loot all the graves and remains and stuff. You can get some good gear that way. And even when you don't get good gear, you can sell what you do find and slowly build up a good gold stash.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-12-03 18:00:48

I’ve never completed the game, but I have a tip that could prove to be invaluable. So, make sure that you collect all the characters when you first start the game. Then, make sure that you have the thief travelling with you. You need to go to gwens House. Go to the gallery. Collect everything in the display cases. I recommend giving the Dolphin blades to you. You will now have some high-level gear.

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2019-12-03 18:15:53

I'll add a couple other tips:

Play as a mage, warrior or necromancer. Don't bother with the other 3, because your companions cover those classes utterly and completely. Mage is also covered by a companion, but you can diversify with that because there are 3 different ways to attune and each mage can only do one.
All of the loot except for very specific, unique loot like the stuff mentioned above randomizes and respawns every time you enter the area. This includes shop inventory; it'll be different each time you enter Farhaven. Don't hesitate to make use of this and shamelessly stock up until you've got a full set of gear for each of your characters. As Jayde said, sell what you don't need for some gold.
Many support skills and spells can be used before combat, meaning you don't need to take a turn in a fight to set it up. If you're having trouble, doing that can turn a tough fight into a rofl stomp.

2019-12-03 18:30:56

Actually, the ability to buff-stack this way outside of combat is one of the reasons I haven't come back to this game. It makes the entirety of the game kind of a joke when you can stack all your buffs in safety and then begin the fight with everything running.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-12-03 18:35:54

Well, you don't have to do it. But I guess not being able to and choosing not to are different things, since you know you always could. It would've been cool to see that be disabled on hard mode or something, at least. Ah well. It leaves the decision up to you.

2019-12-03 22:37:07

You do not need the mouse in this game. For the most part, you use your standard RP commands to move. W to walk forward, S to walk backwards and so on. Another big thing I would do is once you get the thief and go to Gwen's house, give the thief one of those blades. His little dagger that he starts off with is not that good, and you would more than likely not pass the lake with it. Now the biggest thing. Keep your skills trained. Just like many games of this style, you get XP points that can help you improve. Use them. Now, something I almost forgot, always make sure you save your game. Whenever you train a skill or complete a quest, do control S and choose your save file. If you don't have a file make one and save your game

2019-12-03 23:15:38

Spoilers Ahead, Spoilers Ahead!

I am determined to get all characters up to level 100, restarting in to new game plus mode until I have my main character have all classes and skills possible.  I know there is no achievement for this but I just want to do it for the heck of it.  I actually haven't really started yet, at final boss of first playthrough, almost have everyone up to 100, of course I have to see what the best items are that I can keep in to next playthrough.  Hopefully the random encounters ring is one of them, forgot what it was called.