2019-11-24 03:16:31

This one was mentioned in another thread so I went and checked it out. It is similar to civ clicker or evolve in that  start with some sheep whom you need to assign to different jobs like flint gathering, wood gathering  and stone knapping, build different resources and discover new technologies which let you have new jobs and structures.
The progression however is a little more like shark game in that once you have enough resources, you go through a soft reset goal  gives you access to extra technologies next time through, EG first time around you don't develop fire, second time around you can start fire and make pottery, whilst third time around you can start advanced tools which give you access to mining and a few other things.

The layout is also really nice, no annoying mouseovers everything is headings and buttons with a list of resources, (complete with their amount per second),  and available workers up top, then progress towards the final goal, then a heading which says "branches" which leads to various tabs for housing, construction etc, then a heading which says "objectts" which gives the objects in the current open tab, EG types of houses, different things to construct along with your quantity, and finally at the bottom another heading which says "object details" which gives you the details for whatever your looking at with buy buttons as  as a description and how much it takes to buy the object, and whether any upgrades are available.

No annoying mouseovers or complex tables, just nice straight forward web controls, plus I rather like the way the game simplifies buildings and worker assignments, EG you don't need to build a well and assign a worker to work it,, you simply won't be able to build a well or a grane field unless you have a free worker, so effectively the building and the job are one entity.

the only thing to be careful of with NVdA is if you disable a particular worker type, EG if your losing some of a given resource, for some reason the text gets shaded and NVdA won't read it directly with arrow keys, though it's still there and can be read if you read the line directly (just find the line NVdA won't read in the list of objects).

The only other bad news, is the game is in a very early version, this means effectively only the first two resets are finished, the initial game, then the first reset involving fire when you get pottery making, then the second involving complex tools. Indeed, the complex tools isn't finished either since the resources required to complete are exactly the same as fire making and several parts, such  as carvings and magalids had no effect upon gameplay whatsoever, whilst others, such as bone huts are impossible since at this point there is no way to store enough bones to actually build a bone hut.

On the plus side, I've not seen an incremental game deal with stoneage technology in quite this much detail and if the game continues both with this sort of detail and this sort of complexity, it should be really awesome.

You can Play the game here

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-11-24 16:17:01

This looks great, I'll check it out! Which thread did you find this on? I've been on the hunt for good accessible incremental games recently.

2019-11-24 17:14:13

It was This thread from general game discussion

It would also be nice if conor would have another look at His awesome list found here and perhaps add in some of the newer games people ran across.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-11-24 18:33:42

I think at this point, the db serves as a better place to list incremental games on, since now they do have their own genre.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2019-11-26 22:10:40

hey, i have a question. How do i get stoned tools?

2019-11-27 11:24:01

Once you've bought the discovery, Flint nappers will produce stone tools, there will be an upgrade option when examining flint nappers, but be careful you have flint gatherers since you need  large number of them.
Imho the complex tools difficulty is the hardest one, particularly because some bits of it don't seem finished, EG I never knew what to do with megalids or carvings and the goals did  change from the goals I got when doing pottery.

This one will be fun I think, but at the moment after finishing pottery it just seemed unfinished.

2019-11-27 12:09:52

I've noticed there are no links to socials or contact pages for the dev on the site. I wonder if this game was actually recently started, and if it's still being worked on?

2019-11-27 20:45:47

According to the github entry it is, and quite recently too, indeed I might have missed some aspects of gameplay myself if indeed there is anything new  the two soft resets, though there didn't seem to be.

2019-12-03 05:04:40

is their a way to remove a worker from a job and move him to a different one?

2019-12-03 09:14:31

@9 not really, since the workers are tied to buildings. The only way to do this would be to destroy the building, but I don't think that's even possible.

2019-12-03 11:23:50 (edited by Dark 2019-12-03 11:24:10)

Nope, just build more buildings, you can also disable a given building/category of workers if your getting a defisit of resources.

2019-12-03 19:12:02

so, if i disable wood gathers, i will not get any more wood, but i can't use those to get any flint or stone tools (like i need)

2020-02-02 02:52:57

Does anyone know if this is still being worked on?

Who am I? Simply me!