2019-11-28 21:08:01

Hi.

@dark, In this case, you'd press alt shift, then the key you want like o for potions, for example and this game isn't reading out what key I have to use.

I to don't usually use accesskeys, as you said; it's usually faster just to press b for button, I just thought others may prefer it so suggested it.

I'm gone for real :)

2019-11-29 02:50:27 (edited by malachi1616 2019-11-29 05:12:51)

dark wrote:

@Brad, with most web based games, screen readers will  default to their webpage navigation keys, EG H for heading, B for button etc.

If you want to use direct shortcut keys on webpages, you need to do whatever your screen reader does to allow key passes to the application. For example in NVdA hit NVdA+space  change to focus mode then hit the key, or in supernova hit ctrl 0 to allow next key press through.

Browsers have their own key combinations also, I use firefox, to get to those access keys I press ALT+Shift+ the access key. It seems really fast for me, but if you are used to doing it another way, that's cool.

dark wrote:

though I'm still working out what elemental effects do, as most of the time I've found luck based gear best to use.

On the Traits tab (access key 2), there are traits in the right hand column (which may not be a helpful designation for you, I'm not sure what these menus "look like" to you all, I'm still learning screen readers) that detail each element. If you inspect those, they describe the benefits of each one.

dark wrote:

One fix I would appreciate, would be a change to health status.

Easy fix, will do that in the next update. There is an alert that pops up when your health drops below a certain point (I believe its at 20%, but I'd have to double check the code), as well as with energy.

EDIT: Added a bit to the end of every attack round that lists your current health.

dark wrote:

I also notice that breezy cheese, and possibly other power up items the merchant sells don't have descriptions yet.

EDIT: fixed this, now all items should have descriptions.

dark wrote:

Lastly, I wonder if you'd ever considered adding a few other ways to manipulate your equipment

I'll figure something out, I may just open up the inventory to be larger. It was originally designed that way to be more challenging, but if it comes off as more annoying than challenging, I'll work something out.

dark wrote:

I'm also noticing that you get a stupidly huge amount of food, waaaay more than you need...

EDIT: I reduced the amount of food you get, there was a mechanism in there that added food to each loot based on your level and the scene you are on. I can see how this would get crazy at high scene numbers. Guess I never noticed before. Hopefully the food is not too scarce now hah.

dark wrote:

Okay that was weird. I had an entire game where my energy and health were listed as nan, and I took no damage even when the game said I lost health, and I never needed to use food.
I also got to level 12 and scene 165 as well, and since things were getting a bit silly at that point in terms of loot and monster difficulty (or lack of), I think I better start medium difficulty next time big_smile.

Btw, around scene 150 there was a nameless female monster, that is the game told me I'd encountered a with no word given,
which was sort of amusing, though I@m afraid I don't remember what environment she turned up in.

Oh, and speaking of female monsters, it seems a bit weird that the lords can be female, when there are baronesses and I believe duchesses, I'd have thought the lords would've been ladies. I also find it a bit strange that there are female lions and not lionesses big_smile.

Oh, and quite often I also run into lord something or other the VI, is that the visually impaired?

The NaN is a javascript code for "not a number". That is weird. I haven't run into that issue before. I'll keep my eye out for that, it sounds like a bug to me. It is probably the same issue that caused the nameless enemies. The female monikers were probably an oversight, I'll take a look.

As someone else mentioned, the VI is roman numerals for a generational moniker. It visually renders as roman numerals, I'll try to see if I can have the screen readers read it as "the 6th" instead.

aaron wrote:

I am experiencing the bug where it does not show any of the keyboard shortcuts, could there possibly be a link on the game's page that takes you to a shortcut list?
I've also noticed there's a few situations where the auto reading doesn't kick in, most prominently when you equip or remove an item, or draw from the deck of fate.

I've been trying to figure out a good way to display some help text that includes the keyboard shortcuts. The devlog for what I'm calling the 'accessibility update' lists what they are for now: https://malachi1616.itch.io/infinicrawl … lty-update

I'll check on the autoreading skipping some events. The deck of fate is a new item, so it may not have been implemented the right away.

brad wrote:

this game isn't reading out what key I have to use.

I've been trying to get that to work. When pressing a button, NVDA was saying "Fight Button plus shift plus alt plus" and it was getting annoying every tine, and it didn't say which access key was being assigned to that button. I can assign custom screen reader labels to graphics (which is why the inspect button and reload buttons are graphics, not buttons), but buttons dont seem to work that way. I'm still doing research to improve this functionality.

2019-11-29 04:07:32

I'm playing on chrome with my galaxy S9 plus and everytime a box pops up like the one warning me that I have encountered a boss, it kicks me back out of the game and I have to restore it to resume the game. Anyone else get this?

2019-11-29 05:10:59

KenshiraTheTrinity wrote:

I'm playing on chrome with my galaxy S9 plus and everytime a box pops up like the one warning me that I have encountered a boss, it kicks me back out of the game and I have to restore it to resume the game. Anyone else get this?

S9 plus is the mobile device I used while testing. I just tried it again using chrome and I can't reproduce that issue. Are you running any other add ons/plugins or weird security settings that I can duplicate to try and reproduce it? Have you tried rebooting the phone to see if it clears that issue?

2019-11-29 07:01:48

Hi Malachi.

Ah, I didn't know you could use the inspect button on the traits to find out what they  do, that makes sense.
As for the traits and stats menus, the menus all display fine screen reader wise, the only thing I'd like to see is a way to get to that information slightly more quickly as I said.

I am unfortunately still encountering the bug where my food and energy are listed as NaN and don't go down at all.
It actually makes the game less interesting to play big_smile.

I'm playing on Chrome on a windows 10 Pc and Here is my savestring, hopefully you can make something of the problem:

aGVpcmxvb209SEg3LEhDMCxIQTQsSEw0LEhXOCxITzAsSFIwOyBwcmVzdGlnZT1OUDIsUFMxNjUsUFg3MzMsUEYzLFBBNyxQRTgsUFc1LFBMMSxQTjI=

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-11-29 08:30:52 (edited by malachi1616 2019-11-29 08:46:11)

Dark wrote:

Hi Malachi.

Ah, I didn't know you could use the inspect button on the traits to find out what they  do, that makes sense.
As for the traits and stats menus, the menus all display fine screen reader wise, the only thing I'd like to see is a way to get to that information slightly more quickly as I said.

I am unfortunately still encountering the bug where my food and energy are listed as NaN and don't go down at all.
It actually makes the game less interesting to play big_smile.

I'm playing on Chrome on a windows 10 Pc and Here is my savestring, hopefully you can make something of the problem:

aGVpcmxvb209SEg3LEhDMCxIQTQsSEw0LEhXOCxITzAsSFIwOyBwcmVzdGlnZT1OUDIsUFMxNjUsUFg3MzMsUEYzLFBBNyxQRTgsUFc1LFBMMSxQTjI=

Try it now, I tested it with your save file and it's working for me. I saw the NaN with your save before but I'm not sure why it was happening for your save specifically. I suspect it was happening for everyone, just maybe nobody else noticed.

dark wrote:

Do you have any suggestions on how you'd like to get to that information? (If you have suggested something already that I missed, I apologize). The access keys 1, 2, 3, 4 can get you to the tabs quicker, but once you are there, I'm not sure how you are navigating to the different stats.

2019-11-29 12:41:50 (edited by Dark 2019-11-29 14:37:34)

Hi.

Thanks, the NaN problem seems to be fixed now, also the food balance is better and I like the increased inventory size, it means I'm having to juggle less often, also Lord evil person  the eyeless was amusing big_smile..

About the traits and stats, what I mean isn't changing the panel  to display information, so much as getting my screen reader up there more quickly to read it.

As I said before, most screen readers speed up navigating web pages by jumping between different page elements, Headings, buttons, links, edit areas etc.

For example, in this thread, the name of the poster is always a heading, so to find a particular post its just necessary to press h or shift h to jump between the headings. Indeed, when I want to read the last few posts, I just go down to the bottom of the page and hit shift h a few times until I get to the  one I've not read.

This is what I mean by a way of quickly getting up to where the stats are, since at the moment it's necessary to hit the arrow keys to get up there to read them, which is a wee bit time consuming, especially when it's so easy to skip to the buttons to fight, search, equip/unequip gear etc.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-11-29 13:36:15

One thing the developer of trimps did is put stats on separate heading levels. With screen readers, you can use the number row to jump to headings of specific levels.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2019-11-29 17:08:14 (edited by Dark 2019-11-29 21:41:54)

I'm not sure how necessary separate heading levels would be in this case stirlock, since trimps is both real time, and has a much more complex set of information. since in Infinicrawl there are really only two major parts of the screen to flip between that show two different things, EG the event log/pack/gear section, and the top section with traits, stats, prestieges or heirlooms.

The lower section is easy to find since it has all the fight buttons etc below it and the "inspect" graphic above, it's getting to the upper section quickly which is the issue.

I am liking the increased inventory, but with loot chances going up further in the dungeon, I must confess later on things get very draggy in terms of swapping gear around.

It would be really helpful if, instead of gear you come across automatically getting put into your backpack, there could be a "ground" section of the inventory aside from "gear" and "pack" 
Any dropped items or looted items wound up there, and if you didn't like what you found there you could just move on. That would speed up gameplay quite a bit I think, since at the moment I find I'm wandering around with a mostly full pack and having to do lots of swapping just to  what new loot I've come across, especially after scene 160 or so when you start to run into large quantities of loot and don't have a wooden nickel handy to sell things off.

I also notice that uba tranks and magic buries stack, which means you can pretty much snack on them as soon as you find them, so later in the  dungeon I was invincible most of the time.
It'd be nice if their uses could be made a bit more strategic, though again even when I wasn't invincible most things I was coming across were not doing anymore than one damage to me a round, which probably means I can graduate to hard difficulty for my next run big_smile.

Btw, is there an actual end point or is the game literally infinite? Obviously the name implies what the game is, but I did wonder if there was  specific to discover, EG some special bosses or extra items or the like in the higher levels, though I do like discovering new monster types.

It'd also be interesting to see some more items added. I like the deck of fate with the different effects, and environmental encounters that cause things like poison, tiredness, or indeed refreshing etc would be cool, though I gather these are a fairly late edition to the game and hopefully more will be planned for them later (I've already seen one monster with a poison attack).

2019-11-29 20:22:42

Hi,
Is there any way to find out more info about the effects? While there are names such as swarm and ravage, I don't really know what that's actually doing.

2019-11-30 01:00:46

Hello folks! Nice game, simple to understand, and quite adictive, I'm having some trouble though, when connecting with firefox, I'm facing the NA thing issue Dark mentioned before, and when i try chrome, the game returns some errors. Hope it helps to find the way to squash some bugs. big_smile
Best regards, Haramir.

The true blind is the one who refuses to see.

2019-11-30 05:56:10

stirlock wrote:

One thing the developer of trimps did is put stats on separate heading levels. With screen readers, you can use the number row to jump to headings of specific levels.

I did this. Upper tabs like Stats, Traits, Prestige and Heirloom are now level 2 headings, cycle through with the 2 key, enter to select it. Middle tabs like Pack, Gear, Event and Shop are level 3 headings, cycle through with 3. Stat blocks are level 4 headings, cycle through with the 4 key. Remember that each upper tab has its own set up stat blocks. Also I made it quicker to use the inspect function. If you are using a screen reading and cycling through the level 4 headings, you can inspect just by hitting enter now. Also, the inspect results go to the event log now so you can head it again by reloading that.

dark wrote:

later on things get very draggy in terms of swapping gear around.

It would be really helpful if, instead of gear you come across automatically getting put into your backpack, there could be a "ground" section of the inventory aside from "gear" and "pack"
Any dropped items or looted items wound up there, and if you didn't like what you found there you could just move on.

Good idea, I'll try to get something like that included. The main issue with that is screen real estate for visual users. I'll have to get creative.

dark wrote:

I also notice that uba tranks and magic buries stack, which means you can pretty much snack on them as soon as you find them, so later in the  dungeon I was invincible most of the time.
It'd be nice if their uses could be made a bit more strategic, though again even when I wasn't invincible most things I was coming across were not doing anymore than one damage to me a round, which probably means I can graduate to hard difficulty for my next run big_smile.

Yeah definitely sounds like you're ready for a prestige and/or to go up in difficulty. Adding new items will help with the ubertrank/magic berry conundrum as they will become less frequent.

dark wrote:

Btw, is there an actual end point or is the game literally infinite?

It is infinite in the most basic sense. There are limits though. Eventually you would hit memory limits for storing numbers of things. Your gold/scene number and health and what not would get so big that the browser wouldn't be able to store it. I think any sane person would get bored of any game by that time though. You'd have to play constantly for a decade or so I think to hit that limit. Before that limit was hit though, you'd hit the cookie size limit because the larger your prestige bonuses are, the bigger your cookie is. Again, you'd have to get pretty far and play for a really long time.

dark wrote:

It'd also be interesting to see some more items added. I like the deck of fate with the different effects, and environmental encounters that cause things like poison, tiredness, or indeed refreshing etc would be cool, though I gather these are a fairly late edition to the game and hopefully more will be planned for them later (I've already seen one monster with a poison attack).

High difficulties unlock more environmental challenges. Sounds like I might need to add a higher difficulty level though for you hah.

aaron wrote:

Hi,
Is there any way to find out more info about the effects? While there are names such as swarm and ravage, I don't really know what that's actually doing.

I added the descriptions to the scene tool tip, inspect that and it'll explain what each environmental effect does now.

haramir wrote:

I'm having some trouble though, when connecting with firefox, I'm facing the NA thing issue Dark mentioned before, and when i try chrome, the game returns some errors. Hope it helps to find the way to squash some bugs. big_smile
Best regards, Haramir.

Have you had this issue since today? Can you post your save string so I can test your save?

Other stuff, I fixed some of the gendering issues, lions can still be male or female, just due to the way monsters are named. You should no longer encounter female 'lords' or 'dukes'. I'll work on getting that squared away at some point. I also added buffs/debuffs to the health tooltip, inspect that and it'll tell you what buffs/debuffs are effecting your character and what the durations are.

Currently working on revamping the inventory system to make it easier for managing stuff at high scene numbers, adding a new environment with new environmental effects, rebalancing enemy stats at high levels, adding a few new items.

2019-11-30 14:03:05

Hello folks! Malachi, here's my save info:
aGVpcmxvb209SEg0LEhDMCxIQTAsSEwwLEhXMCxITzEsSFI0OyBwcmVzdGlnZT1OUHVuZGVmaW5lZCxQU3VuZGVmaW5lZCxQWHVuZGVmaW5lZCxQRnVuZGVmaW5lZCxQQXVuZGVmaW5lZCxQRXVuZGVmaW5lZCxQV3VuZGVmaW5lZCxQTHVuZGVmaW5lZCxQTnVuZGVmaW5lZA==
Best regards, Haramir.

2019-11-30 17:53:29

Hi,
I'm loving this game so far; it's incredibly addictive.  Looking forward to whatever you add in the future.   More options in battle would be lovely at some point.
One issue though is that inspecting items no longer automatically reads, which makes playing on mobile a bit frustrating.  I'm sure that's not meant to happen though.  smile
I can't stop playing!

2019-11-30 22:04:57 (edited by malachi1616 2019-11-30 22:16:05)

Haramir wrote:

Hello folks! Malachi, here's my save info:
aGVpcmxvb209SEg0LEhDMCxIQTAsSEwwLEhXMCxITzEsSFI0OyBwcmVzdGlnZT1OUHVuZGVmaW5lZCxQU3VuZGVmaW5lZCxQWHVuZGVmaW5lZCxQRnVuZGVmaW5lZCxQQXVuZGVmaW5lZCxQRXVuZGVmaW5lZCxQV3VuZGVmaW5lZCxQTHVuZGVmaW5lZCxQTnVuZGVmaW5lZA==
Best regards, Haramir.

This is a different issue than what dark was experiencing. This looks like your cookie data was corrupted, which happens sometimes, usually due to a browser bug. I can't really do much about that happening. But I can attempt to fix your cookie and give you a save to import. I see your heirloom data was preserved, but all of your prestige data was corrupted (they are technically two separate cookie values). Do you remember what you had, like how many times you prestiged and what elemental bonuses you had? If you can give me approximate values for number of prestiges, the highest scene youve reached, your starting level before this happened, your elemetal bonuses, and your luck and energy bonus, I can set your save to those values.

If you're ok with just starting over on prestige, here is a blank save with your heirloom data preserved.

aGVpcmxvb209SEg0LEhDMCxIQTAsSEwwLEhXMCxITzEsSFI0OyBwcmVzdGlnZT1OUDAsUFMwLFBYMCxQRjAsUEEwLFBFMCxQVzAsUEwwLFBOMA==
dan_c wrote:

One issue though is that inspecting items no longer automatically reads, which makes playing on mobile a bit frustrating.  I'm sure that's not meant to happen though.

Oh. Hmm. Because before the inspect results would go to an alert box which pops up no matter what screen you are on. But now they are going to the event log which isn't visible while you are in the gear or pack tab. The screen reader wont read it if its not visible. Dang. I think what I can do is have a separate event log that is only visible to screen readers, that way you'll always get those messages automatically read to you.

2019-12-01 01:20:40

Hello folks! Malachi, I created a new save with another browser and imported it over to firefox, now it is working fine. It is not a problem having to start over, in fact I like it, specially with procedural stuff. Congrats for the game, I always keep coming back to play a bit more between my work pauses.
Best regards, Haramir.

2019-12-01 03:17:31

Haramir wrote:

Hello folks! Malachi, I created a new save with another browser and imported it over to firefox, now it is working fine. It is not a problem having to start over, in fact I like it, specially with procedural stuff. Congrats for the game, I always keep coming back to play a bit more between my work pauses.
Best regards, Haramir.

Great, glad to hear it is working now. You can always go back to the other browser, when you start up the game, clear out the save box and hit import, it'll delete your old corrupt save. Then you can import your new one.

I just did a new update. I fixed the pesky lion/lioness gendering issue and allowed for gender neutral enemies to exist.

I also fixed the issue when you inspect an item and it doesnt auto read the description.

Ive also added a new dungeon type, the labyrinth. Make sure you stock up on food before you get to one of these at high level, there is a chance that you'll get lost and you won't progress to the next scene when you explore. But it still uses up energy. Along with this new theme, there are new enemies to fight and rooms to explore.

I've also added 6 new items. There are some items that will temporarily boost up your elemental bonuses for a short time as well as a Fire Bomb that you can use to deal instant damage to an enemy without provoking a counter attack.

Still working on revamping the inventory system, that is a big nasty change, probably will be a whole update just focusing on that.

Lastly, and maybe most importantly, I readjusted the way enemy health and damage are calculated. So monsters will be slightly tougher at higher levels, forcing you to prestige more often in order to progress to higher difficulties.

2019-12-01 05:41:35

So I notice I don't do any additional damage when leveling, which means that I'm still doing 1 damage no matter what, which means that I can't defeat any boss now no matter what. This is on easy by the way. lol

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2019-12-01 05:55:25 (edited by malachi1616 2019-12-01 06:26:40)

stirlock wrote:

So I notice I don't do any additional damage when leveling, which means that I'm still doing 1 damage no matter what, which means that I can't defeat any boss now no matter what. This is on easy by the way. lol

Hmm i must have broke something in the last update ill fix it real quick

EDIT: Fixed, sorry about that

2019-12-01 08:30:11

Hi.

The new items are very cool and the headings and inspect fix are great for speeding up gameplay, thanks for that.

I will confess I found the firebomb a bit disappointing, since when I'm doing 30 or  damage a hit, 10 damage really doesn't do much. I also don't tend to use smoke bombs since I usually just slaughter anything in front of me rather than running away big_smile.
You might consider making the firebombs do a proportional amount of damage based on enemy health, and also perhaps in future including some circumstances where running away is necessary just to up the challenge.

You might also consider adding the "low energy" and "low health" warnings to the event log and having them auto spoken as well. I also would appreciate knowing when poison does damage and when to start gulping potions, since sometimes I got surprised, then again poison seems to be the only thing these days  actually   to do me any real damage, then again i am walking around with a 40 armour bonus plus earth bonus to match.

Btw, So if I have this correct, only standard none elemental gear EG something of the ancestors or something of time can contribute to your heirloom bonus?  did in that game make the mistake of going for elemental gear rather than bonus gear when it came to prestieging, so while undoubtedly I'll get some benefit from the run I missed a little this time around..

I'd be interested in seeing some different environment types perhaps with different challenges, EG a forest environment  traps that tested your elemental resistances, and perhaps less loot but more chance of higher level loot, and maybe climbing a mountain where there could be a risk of falling.

You might also consider adding some special bosses or  challenges into the mix at higher scene numbers, so that players would be forced to prestige a few times to get through them, then again it's entirely possible I've been playing too much trimps big_smile.

2019-12-01 15:59:09

Hello folks! Dark, the main thing about the fire bombs is that it is a free hit. You wont be countered upon using one of those, and it can be specially useful at low levels.
Best regards, Haramir.

2019-12-01 19:37:35

Hi.

I've noticed that potions don't let you know how much health you get back when you press enter on them, it's the same with food.

Also, do we have to inspect every item,then alt shift q, then find the item then press enter to hear what it does?

I don't know about others but I find that it's kind of a long process.

I'm still noticing that the buttons don't read out their accesskeys, is this being worked on?

2019-12-01 20:39:03

Hi.

i'm confused, how do I save my game?

I got to level 5 and had to close the game and when i opened it, I had to start all over again.

I coppied the code in the box, pasted it into a text file but couldn't find any way to add it.
Then I find the code in the box and press enter on the button and it says game save loaded but I was back at level 1, can someone help?

2019-12-01 21:33:47 (edited by malachi1616 2019-12-01 21:51:00)

dark wrote:

I will confess I found the firebomb a bit disappointing, since when I'm doing 30 or  damage a hit, 10 damage really doesn't do much. I also don't tend to use smoke bombs since I usually just slaughter anything in front of me rather than running away

Bombs now do their item level plus your character level in damage. Yeah I never use smoke bombs either, I have considered taking them out, but there should be some trash that you pick up that is less useful. They are good to sell. Oh, I should point out that the smoke bomb not only lets you avoid a fight, but it also always puts you into a safe scene with no enemies, unless the next scene would be a boss scene. So it effectively helps you skip at least one, but potentially 2 fights. Probably more helpful in areas with the swarm effect.

dark wrote:

You might also consider adding the "low energy" and "low health" warnings to the event log and having them auto spoken as well. I also would appreciate knowing when poison does damage and when to start gulping potions, since sometimes I got surprised, then again poison seems to be the only thing these days  actually   to do me any real damage, then again i am walking around with a 40 armour bonus plus earth bonus to match.

Does it not warn you when the alert box pops up? Or you mean you want it added to the log so that you can read it back? Also, I'm planning on making damage scale up faster for higher level stuff because it seems a bit too easy from what you are telling us here.

dark wrote:

Btw, So if I have this correct, only standard none elemental gear EG something of the ancestors or something of time can contribute to your heirloom bonus?

The heirloom gear is pretty much anything that has time or ancestors in its name like 'of the past' or whatever. You'll get the heirloom gear as soon as you open the chest whether you pick it up or not and it saves instantly. Basically, your heirloom gear bonus is the highest level heirloom gear that you've found. You'll spawn in with that piece, starting at either your level, or its level, whichever is lower, and it will level up with you up to its maximum level. Heirloom gear has no elemental bonuses, its just regular gear to help you when you start a new game at an advanced scene so you don't have to slog through the early game stuff every time.

dark wrote:

I'd be interested in seeing some different environment types perhaps with different challenges, EG a forest environment  traps that tested your elemental resistances, and perhaps less loot but more chance of higher level loot, and maybe climbing a mountain where there could be a risk of falling.

It may not be totally evident, but I did increase the environmental effects for each theme. The themes start off with a single effect, an additional effect gets added at medium and another at hard difficulty. Also as you level up, more effects get added. So in total, at around level 20 on hard, each theme will have 9 levels of environmental effects. Also, a forest is the next planned theme addition! I also have an ice cave type thing in the works. I like your mountain idea as well.

Here is an example of how theme effects work. The cave theme starts off with 1 level of Swarm (increased chance to spawn enemies). At medium difficulty it adds another level of swarm, and the Strong Enemies effect, causing increased damage. At hard, swarm is increased again and then Fast Enemies is added making them harder to run from. At character level 10, you get an earth penalty which reduces your earth bonus, and again swarm is increased. At level 20, you also get an air penalty, and swarm is further increased. Though now that I type this all out, those character level tiers should be based on scene number, not level. I'll test that out and see how it works.

dark wrote:

You might also consider adding some special bosses or  challenges into the mix at higher scene numbers, so that players would be forced to prestige a few times to get through them, then again it's entirely possible I've been playing too much trimps

There are higher level bosses, you might have seen the super, ultra, mega, etc bosses. I should make those harder I think. I was also thinking about theme specific bosses that add special challenges. I have played a lot of Trimps also, it was my main idle game for a few months. I'm a big fan of idle games in general and they were a big influence on InfiniCrawl as you can probably tell.

Haramir wrote:

Hello folks! Dark, the main thing about the fire bombs is that it is a free hit. You wont be countered upon using one of those, and it can be specially useful at low levels.

Yep, it is a free hit, good for low levels. I did increase the damage a bit to make it more scalable at higher levels.

brad wrote:

I've noticed that potions don't let you know how much health you get back when you press enter on them, it's the same with food.

Also, do we have to inspect every item,then alt shift q, then find the item then press enter to hear what it does?

I don't know about others but I find that it's kind of a long process.

I'm still noticing that the buttons don't read out their accesskeys, is this being worked on?

Potions and food now send a message to the event log. Note that it will tell you have much was healed, not how much the potion or food should heal or normally heals. So for instance if you have 2 wounds and use a potion that heals 5, it will tell you that it healed 2, not 5.

For the inspecting items, I'm not sure what everyone is doing. I've kind of provided a few ways to get around, I'm sure it can be improved. If you have suggestions on how to improve it please don't be shy.

For the access keys. I'm not sure if this is specific to fire fox and NVDA, but when I had the access keys assigned to buttons, NVDA would read them off as 'Fight Button shift plus alt plus' but would leave off the access key part. So I removed the access keys from the buttons directly and put them on a hidden button that clicks the real button behind the scenes so that unhelpful message wouldn't get repeated each time. So, in a way this is by design. Which screen reader and browser are you using? I don't really have a way to test in JAWS, I'm pretty much limited to NVDA at the moment, but I can test in different browsers to see the behavior and maybe come up with a happy medium.

brad wrote:

i'm confused, how do I save my game?

On the first page of this thread there is a good explanation of how saves work but to summarize, your progress is only saved when you prestige. Eating a Humble Pie will reset your game and you will keep your bonuses if you earned any.

2019-12-01 22:20:30

Hi.

i'm using Firefox with NVDA.

I'll stop playing the game for now, I liked it for a while but then got bored.

That's just me and I know there's tuns of others who enjoy games like this , so keep making great work! smile