2019-11-11 04:51:17

The kalmyr fence is close to Scholar's Loop. But you'll have to be high enough level to hunt in the jungle to complete his quest before you can sell to him.

2019-11-11 10:31:31

I am, just slowly getting through my guild's quests. Kind of worried bout exploring round Rhojidan really. I'd rather not die horribly

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

2019-11-14 22:36:10

So....stuck on a quest chain. I started on fixing the lift for Brunmar. Got the first item, now there's not a lot of direction, just e the quest giver's going to Brunmar, find this item but it doesn't say where I should narrow my search.

So. Ideas?

Also on Linux natively

2019-11-15 22:27:44

I think the purpose of some of the quests is to remember and return or keep an eye out for something.
I currently have 7 journal pages and know I will not be able to complete 2 quests.
I feel like this has a true adventure atmosphere.

Every day is a good day!
When life gives you a lemon, make lemonade!
Opinions are like arseholes - everybody has one, and they all stink.

2019-11-17 18:01:04

This sucks so bad sad
A few days ago I recalled to tons of mobs at Hessa center to die and couldn't revive for a while even to just quit.
Right now I just logged in to die cause of the same crap.
What the hell? What gives? Totally not cool!

Every day is a good day!

2019-11-19 05:13:34

I thought it mentioned he was staying at the palace in Rhojidan.

Also the heck, maybe that was an event going on. usually one can revive without penalty while those run. though, I'm not entirely sure if you saw other people fighting there or not.

The answer to your question is forum.audiogames.net/search

2019-11-22 12:34:21

Ok they  really need to do something about those crashes, it's starting to get really annoying.

2019-11-22 18:53:51

Vazbol wrote:

Also the heck, maybe that was an event going on. usually one can revive without penalty while those run. though, I'm not entirely sure if you saw other people fighting there or not.

Well, I didn't say anything the first time and I lost exp and gold for the deaths. And, an event (not official/bug abuse?) like that shouldn't happen in a place (only recall spot iirc) or where new players come into the world.

Every day is a good day!

2019-12-03 16:18:22

Still playing and thoroughly enjoying it here, and yes updates are being worked on, and everyone's super chill and relaxed too.

Also on Linux natively

2019-12-03 23:59:14

Hi All, I am Corin from Asteria Mud.

@55: Sorry about that. There was a bug with pets that caused hostile pets to spawn and go a little crazy. The bug has been fixed now and there hasn't been any issues with those wolves since.

@57: The mud is usually very stable with the occasional crash. This weekend was a bit crazier just because some new bugs were found. It's been stable the last couple days so I think that's been sorted out. Generally, lots of tweaks and additions are coming in so it sometimes leads to some instability in uptime.

I just found this mud a few weeks ago and it has been a great experience. In the future, expect me to drop a basic soundpack that has audio prompt support for hp and mana as well as a basic channel history functionality for the major channels. I hope that encourages more of you all to hop on and give it a try.

Regarding accessibility, this mud has been great. Greg is the coder behind the mud and has been very open to any changes needed to make the mud more accessible. Since I've started, he has added support for exits, printing of health and mana, a consider command, and a few other tweaks to make the screenreader experience much more tolerable. His future code also seems to be very mindful of making sure things remain accessible for VI players.

The grind on this mud is significantly less than other muds I have played and goes by very quickly with a group. The RP is only encouraged, so no pressure to participate in any mandatory fashion. Arcades, the man behind the lore, is very open to people contributing to the world in their own ways. This includes flushing out your own character's stories as well as contributing books to the libraries. There's probably a player led event once a month which are great fun for some mild RP and EXP grinding as well.

The leveling and classing systems on Asteria are pretty great. There are skill trees that you put points into after every level you gain, and there aren't really penalties in cost when you start new skill trees. You can also reset all your skill point allocations anytime from 29 and lower, which gives you the chance to try out as many builds as you like.

The community on the mud is probably it's best selling point. Everyone is pretty friendly and willing to help out if you have questions. There's around 10 active players online at any given time at the very least, and lots of active chatter.

Hope to see you all online!

2019-12-04 14:52:19

You know, for the SP, another Vi friendly sound prompt could also be for whenever a player parries/shield blocks in order to properly land shield bashes and ripostes/dual ripostes. Shield bashing isn't that hard, but the riposte stuff can get difficult to land if you don't see the parry.

The answer to your question is forum.audiogames.net/search

2021-05-19 21:39:51 (edited by JasonBlaze 2021-05-19 21:44:05)

hey guys, FYI, the game is now open for players although still under heavy development. I don't really know how much the game changed. you could type changes then a number to see a few changes. discord is also availabel. the link is at the wiki page.
last post here was like 2019 hah... can't believe time really move that fast. almost 2 years may look like nothing but damn. 2020 is hell of a ride.

2021-05-20 13:11:18

Unfortunately the game doesn't seem to have a tutorial area at the moment, which means your basically thrown out into the world with no skills and no idea how things work.
I did get basic weapon combat to actually work for once, but it was hit or miss as to whether my character actually survived a fight with a basic mob or not at this point.

so maybe I'll wait until the tutorial zone is back up and I am a little more prepared.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2021-05-20 15:19:27

Is there a noncombat path?

Who am I? Simply me!

2021-05-21 18:57:53

Not at this point, although there are lots of quests and stories to do in the game, indeed I really liked the questing, it was always the combat that made things difficult previously, and while I've no problem with having to level up in games, I just seemed to be getting killed in this one waaaay too much when I tried before.

However, if the tutorial zone is getting tweaked to point you to more correct level monsters and a better path to advance, this one could be fantastic.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2021-06-01 16:23:38 (edited by starlord2017 2021-06-01 16:24:17)

I typed in all the log in info on post 1. I can not connect. did it change/