2019-11-19 18:30:29

Hello all
This message is mainly for the instant pot users but I'm interested to see what tools for cooking you use in general so feel free to join the conversation!
So.
What do you use? Duo? Duo Plus? Ultra?
Is it worth it? How's the accessibility?
Thank you.
I'm trying to decide which one to buy.

"Heroes aren’t always the ones who win. They’re the ones who lose, sometimes. But they keep fighting, they keep coming back. They don’t give up. That’s what makes them heroes."

2019-12-06 21:38:57

I got the instant pot wifi model last year, and I love it.  The app is not where it should be, but you get used to the way it does things.  I also have a chart on how the buttons are laded out.  Its good for all it says, but meh for rice.  I would rather coock that on the stove.

Their is no such thing as a master.  One is never done learning, and those who claim to be a master at something are far from becoming one!!

2019-12-07 07:44:22 (edited by UltraLeetJ 2019-12-07 07:44:58)

awesome to see another cooking thread! I think we need a forum for cooking alone, elsewhere.
I use:

gloves so I don't burn myself
a talking food thermometer for proving and checking when food is done
a boiling control disk (its just a cheap fancy luxurious metal thing) that you can just throw into anything you will boil and it will start hitting the pot, rattling. It actually also prevents pots from spilling for a while, because it does have some control over the produced bubbles, so its like a mechanical alarm for when you are boiling something and plan the leave the pot or pan or whatever unattended. Most of the time its just there, tucked away on the shelf.
toaster bags: because your lonely toaster can be for much more than just making bread! it made a great christmas gift for parents too
an egg cooker I got as a cyber Monday deal, because scrambling eggs is a bit annoying too
a set of self measuring sppons and also cups

This is helpful because as much as I tried, I could actually never get things right, even if my so superb sense of touch thought I did. I sometimes put as much as about half of a spoon more! than I should have. So this ones have a little manual lever that you can flick (moves sort of like a windshield wiper, to the sides) to scoop excess ingredients out.
I do plan to buy an instapot later, way later as I have not got enough money for it now. However, my parents, bless their heart, from the bottom of theirs, gifted my brother and I with an air fryer

I think listing all of this my kitchen is pretty complete, but suggestions and stuff are welcome. I tried to list current stuff so that if you are interested you can just open the link and grab them. But just one is apparently and for some reason no longer on sale and that one is the talking thermometer, it probably  got discontinued but this one appears to be just the same.

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2019-12-08 06:56:37

Did someone say we need a forum?

I’m on it.

2019-12-08 08:06:04

Lol when I first saw this topic I thought you were talking about weed

2019-12-08 11:51:56

I'm planning to buy one myself.