2019-11-16 19:28:29 (edited by ogomez92 2019-12-29 20:51:05)

Version 7.5.0
You can now see the list of changes from the main menu.

there is a reward now, when you open the game and there is an older save present.
If using screen reader, speech is ducked as soon as the game tries to speak. It will remain ducked for the whole time, as it is impossible to detect when the reader is done speaking. You should still hear the music, though.
Beatstar memory is back!
You can now press t during a game to know how long the game's been lasting.
There is now a menu option to disable reading music from disk, which will eliminate the silence experienced at the end of music files.
Added a settings option to decide whether the tts interrupts when pressing keys. Any key, that is.
You can now use escape to interrupt speech if using tts regardless of interrupt setting.
new mission: Tap tap at quick tap
Total beatcoins are now announced when you win or lose coins.
I made a cool infrastructure for future minigames to use mission credits. Maybe I can set up some sort of mission credit rewards as well, but expect mission credits to be acquired mostly by completing the dynamic missions.
Wealthy chance minigame is back, and it now costs mission credits to play because the prizes are high. Hint: The bank may offer a surprise!
Fixed a long standing and very very annoying problem, browse mode is now automatically disabled!
Missions system enabled, with a couple of missions that you'll discover as you play. There are currently 7 missions which give you mission credits as your mission level increases. Mission credits do nothing right now.
The stats system is taking shape. You can now see your stats, which are things like total played time, etc.
There is now a settings menu at the bottom, to clean up the huge main menu of seamingly endless options which includes things like pack directory, language, the new keyboard layout option, etc.
Fixed a problem where tutorial sounds would not play.
In the learn pack menu you can now press shift to hear the countersound.
You can now use an alternative keyboard layout which uses e, d, r, f, and optionally i, k, j, l as alternative keys for beatstar. This has been a long time coming and I am ashamed not to have made it sooner. I made it this way instead of a remapping option so that players don't use in game keys as action keys, etc. Hopefully, it's enough.
Fixed a bug inin game  save, if the option was not enabled, the save would fail but you wouldn't be able to perform any more keyboard actions, resulting in... Well.

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2019-11-16 19:54:33

If you like the game please consider supporting my work
https://patreon.com/ogomez92

2019-11-16 20:08:16

cool.  going to download it

2019-11-16 20:09:31

Great. The upload process just finished, so you should be able to.

2019-11-16 20:26:35

the game says it is going to download the default pack. After I hit enter it just sits there and doesn't seem to do anything.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2019-11-16 21:07:44

Yeah, it's kind of broken. Lol how many times will the save file change formats?

2019-11-16 21:27:40

You are absolutely correct Stewie and thank you for pointing that out so quickly. Turns out that the new stats system was... failing because it was trying to increase the downloaded packs stat when the stats did not yet exist. Thank you and I have just fixed it, reuploading the game now.

2019-11-16 22:10:03

hi
when I try to download it, I get a 404 error

me and a friend of mine have made a youtube channel where we upload beats that we make. If you want to check it out, you can find it at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD0CxF … PFlCqjOtOA

2019-11-16 22:12:20

Alright, so the update is good so far. Thanks for the reward. There is however a minor problem with NVDA. Your new feature of automatically turning browse mode off actually causes an issue when playing with NVDA. The thing is, if you press tab to perform the tab action, NVDA quickly switches to  browse mode, and back to focus mode, thus playing both sounds and additionally speaking some useless text with the application title as well as saying application. I could play with sleep mode on, but then speech obviously wont interrupt and it's not such a great experience. Maybe I'll just get used to the new actions layout, but still I didn't mind rather turning browse mode off once instead of having this issue.

2019-11-16 22:18:37

@7
Having the same problem.

"Snake, don't worry about it. There's more to being a good person than just having a stereo television."

2019-11-16 22:26:55

One more thing to note is that for me the game crashes when trying to change the packs folder.

2019-11-16 22:27:25

I've reuploaded the game without this nasty default pack bug.

2019-11-16 22:28:41

nidza07 wrote:

Alright, so the update is good so far. Thanks for the reward. There is however a minor problem with NVDA. Your new feature of automatically turning browse mode off actually causes an issue when playing with NVDA. The thing is, if you press tab to perform the tab action, NVDA quickly switches to  browse mode, and back to focus mode, thus playing both sounds and additionally speaking some useless text with the application title as well as saying application. I could play with sleep mode on, but then speech obviously wont interrupt and it's not such a great experience. Maybe I'll just get used to the new actions layout, but still I didn't mind rather turning browse mode off once instead of having this issue.

Hi
I'm going to recommend all NVDA users to switch to the new keyboard layout, which uses e for tab, d for space, r for backspace, and f for enter. this layout is easier on the hands, and does not cause much confusion as the layout is similar (i.e. e above d and tab above space, etc).

2019-11-16 22:36:05

Yeah, it's just a matter of getting used to it after playing this way for several years already. Not a major thing though, and will probably practice with the new layout today. Hope you can fix the packs folder bug too since I prefer to have my packs in a different location, but the game seems to completely stop working if you try to select a new folder.

2019-11-16 23:32:39

hi there
when  I select a folder with the pack editor and press enter, the game seams to be frozen
is this just an issue that I am fasing or is it happening to others as well?

me and a friend of mine have made a youtube channel where we upload beats that we make. If you want to check it out, you can find it at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD0CxF … PFlCqjOtOA

2019-11-16 23:34:59

I can not download the game, oriolgomez.com is not working, it gives me a server not found error. Does anyone have a db link for the game?

Hi there, if you wanna find me on twitch, you can do so at Twitch.tv/LeonianUniverse and on YouTube at the same channel name. I stream Hearthstone and other games and love to chat with people, so if you like my content, feel free to subscribe or follow me.

2019-11-17 08:46:55

hi
oriolgomez.com is working,  I just checked
try with https
https://www.oriolgomez.com

about pack folder freezing, I'll look into it. I didn't change any of that code so it should work but, hmmm

2019-11-17 11:17:05

Love the new update. It works very nicely on the Mac.

2019-11-17 13:04:15

pretty sure beat the code is broken. I tried playing it but none of    the keys were even in the first code.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2019-11-17 14:09:18

beat the code... ugh, probably something with the new keyboard layout. Let me look into it.

2019-11-17 19:14:00

JAWS still says "blank" before every option in the main menu, even though I have turned the virtual cursor off, which the game didn't do. I'm quite lucky I still have the BGT version and even the source code for it.

2019-11-17 19:27:48

Is keep the beat coming back? Yeah making changes to bgt beatstar is fun.

Best regards: Marco

2019-11-17 21:59:18

Meh, can't you just put Jaws to sleep and play with Sapi? Certainly better than using an older version for which you wont get new packs or new content in general.

2019-11-17 22:46:24

Hi I can not download the default pack .

I have the same problem as user has in post number 5

2019-11-18 00:09:05

Man the irony. You get credits for putting up with stupid bugs. You are thrown to the main menu, guess what? A bug happens. Pack's menu music does not play. A minor thing though, since right as I restarted the game it worked normally, it's just amusing.