2019-11-11 07:58:42 (edited by Dan Gero 2021-03-23 06:27:43)

Lately I've been seeing posts from users who seem to be frustrated by the amount of game request topics being posted, so I figured I'd try to remedy this by making a central topic where people can ask for games. please keep in mind that this topic is not intended for software purchase requests. Also try to keep in mind that this is a topic where you post your give away requests. I can't actually buy a game for you, partly because I don't know you and partly because I can't even purchase games for myself at the moment. That being said, please post your game request here and wait until someone responds and gives you permission to email them with more details. Please do not email me asking if I can buy a game for you, because I can't. I'd recommend anyone requesting a game to try to write out the name of the game you want, such as Manamon and AHC or A Hero's Call, just in case someone wants to give away a game and is using the Jaws or NVDA find features to search for a specific request. I will also provide a resource list for anything pertaining to game requests as I find them. The list is below:

Resource List
  • No resources at this time.

A Note on Contests/Give-Aways

If participating in a contest or a give-away, please be courteous to any potential contestants by only entering once, unless otherwise stated by the contest holder. Entering a contest more than once is not a breach of the forum rules as far as I’m aware, but it squanders the opportunity for everyone else competing. Keep it fair, gamers.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2019-11-11 08:51:21

I thought of doing this. But if Jade gets tired with it and is about to snap he might consider asking the team if he can do a sticky topic for this.

2019-11-11 08:53:50

Any topic can be made sticky with PanBB, so if they would like to sticky this one that would be awesome.

TWITCH

2019-11-11 09:01:44

I think this topic is a great idea and making it sticky would help a lot!

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2019-11-11 09:12:31

So i didn't understand one little thing. This topic was made so people could ask for purcases of a certain game, right?
For example, i can just write hey everyone, can someone help me purcase super liam, cause I'm currently quite low on money and it costs 55.95 USD?
If that's the way it works, I agree it should be made sticky. It's quite tiring to see people asking for a game over and over in other topics smile

"Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts. There are seven words that will make a person love you. There are ten words that will break a strong man's will. But a word is nothing but a painting of a fire. A name is the fire itself."

2019-11-11 09:23:31

That's correct. This is for people who want a game but can't afford it. I'll also be updating the first post with resources that will help people out with getting a game, such as the gifting train topic that was created a while back. Therefor, if anyone wants to provide resources that I can update the first post with via email or something as I imagine this thread will get quite large and I won't be able to sift through all the posts or look at this thing 24-7, feel free to shoot me a forum email with what you got and I'll add it in.

TWITCH

2019-11-11 09:30:33

Let me throw this at the list and se what everyone thinks. I think this is a pretty good idea honesly.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2019-11-11 14:05:39

Moderation: this topic is now stickyed. Plese do not create gifting topics, but instead use this one.

2019-11-11 14:26:41

hello, if possible, can someone please buy manamon2 for me? thanks

2019-11-11 15:07:56

Greetings. I would also be interested in Manamon 2, since at the moment online purchasing is not really possible. If anybody would be willing to gift it to me, I would be very greatful.

2019-11-11 17:25:24

can some one by time of conflict vor me?

Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem. All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them going again. I trust you are not in too much distress.

2019-11-11 17:30:07

Out of curiosity, though if such things exist it might be worth putting links to them in the resources section in the first post, are there services that could help people purchase these games in countries where paypal is not available because local payment systems are prefered? AFAIK sites like this exist for people wanting to buy stuff from Japan or China for instance or for stores that will only accept a shipping address in the local country. Obviously this won't help everyone, but for cases where the issue is lack of supported payment methods, rather than being under age or parents being unwilling/unable to afford buying a game such services might do the trick.

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

2019-11-11 17:31:33

I'd like to hear from people who live in these cuntries where paypal isn't a thing. What options do you have as far as online payments go. Do you have these options? What do you do if you want to purchase something normally?

2019-11-11 20:25:13

Hello! Can someone please buy me a heros call. I don't have paypall or a credit card. I will pm my info.

Best regards: Marco

2019-11-11 21:02:54

This topic is a great idea!

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2019-11-11 22:19:16

First, this topic is actualy a good thing.
Second, if someone asked for something in another topic, should they ask in here too?
I am asking just out of curiosity, not gonna ask here anything at the moment.
smile
But huge thanks to all who helped and still help people to this day.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2019-11-11 23:04:29

Pitermach, I'm not actually sure if there are services like that, but if you find any just shoot me an email and I'll add them to the first post. Speaking of adding things to the first post, I just did that. Eliza Baez started a Patreon which I've added to the list at the top.

TWITCH

2019-11-11 23:16:34

I'd like to point out that if you guys are indeed asking for someone to buy you a game, seeing as both you and the purchaser are strangers, it would benefit you to be a bit more verbose in your request. If I see someone just write "Please buy me A Manamon's Call 2", I'm gonna be very uninspired to do so -- what sets you apart from anyone else to whom I might extend my charity? You're asking for someone to do you a fairly significant favour, it wouldn't be too much to expect you to put a bit more into your posting. Explain to me why you want the game, why you can't get the game, what about the game makes you want to try it, etc. As the Simpsons say: Reach me. Make me your brother.

Kai

Spill chuck you spots!

2019-11-11 23:37:45 (edited by jack 2019-11-12 03:08:26)

What I think would be an ideal approach for those who can pay for stuff but can't because of Paypal:
A site that allows you to send, via either check or money order or via the online payment processor of that country, the money that you need generated. Then, the site generates prepaid credit card details that can be used for the purchase. Since Paypal allows guest checkout via a credit card, it *theoretically should work, if not then use a vpn set to a U.S. server location if vpn's are allowed in your country of residence. There are two potential problems with this.
1. Credit card manufacturers or international payment processors would probably be shitting bricks, export restrictions and all. Not to mention all the regulatory hoops a site had to go through. While there are legal darkweb sites out there (toremail as an example) I don't see many people wanting to go grab tore just to get a game ethically. Besides, if it were to be completely legal, the site would have to be following the letter of the law even if what they are doing (essentially giving people a payment method after receiving their money) is ethically correct.
THe second problem is that Paypal has an unspoken lifetime spending limit if you are not a registered account holder with a bank account. If you use just a card up to a certain point, you may not be able to make purchases till you link a bank account, and there goes your under the table access to Paypal purchases. Goldwave's devs aren't shy of raising awareness to this problem on their faq page, so people are at least aware that it could happen.
Who here thinks crypto is the wave of the future for this and, if it could play its cards right, could possibly bridge the gap between online commerce?

2019-11-12 04:06:05

I definitely think if more people used bitcoin the buying games thing wouldn't be as much of an issue as it is now. It would still be a problem, just not as much.

TWITCH

2019-11-12 04:19:29

Part of it is the stability of btc in general or lack thereof, but there are so many cryptocurrencies out there and crypto exchanges that will take all of them, so it is not as much of a problem as it used to be.

2019-11-12 08:21:05

I definitely agree with post 18, if I could pay for a game for someone, I would actualy want to know what is the problem and why should I actualy help.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2019-11-12 16:38:18

hi,kan sum1 by manamon2 fore mi,paypal is blockt hear

liam gastter ,a manamon fan,skipe name liam gaster

2019-11-12 22:32:21

Hi. Could someone please buy me Manamon2? If so, contact me... [email protected]. Thanks!

-----
YouTube
GitHub
Discord: @tunmi13#1880

2019-11-13 09:44:41 (edited by Krantikari 2019-11-13 09:45:26)

hi everyone.
could anybody buy qread for me.
I am from Nepal and here  paypal is not available.
along with that we visually impaired people are deprived of banking rights.
crypto currencies like bitcoine etc are also band here.
I am studying in college and  the books are in different formats like daisy , pdf and epub.
so its hard for me to read the books.
so please help me if you can.
It's not a game request so forgive me if my post is against the topic.
I thought that it will be better if i post my request here rather than creating a new topic.
my email:
[email protected]

thanks and regards.
Krantikari
visit my Youtube channel for technical related stuff