2019-11-07 23:42:06

No, keep your shaman and have adventures and fun. I sort of got dicked over by the Johnson.

Sure, go to Council Island, they said. But...we won't give you a car because you're too poor. Yeah, good luck...

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

Jace's EA PGA Tour guide for blind golfers

2019-11-07 23:47:45

Also how badly did you make the mouse shaman? I've never tried that combo. I assume mouse is your totem, so wtf is Mouse all about? I never even thought of that...but I'd argue keep your shaman and get used to magic. I'm amused I made a pretty good build off the bat without even trying

Also on Linux natively

2019-11-07 23:52:05

I loved being an adept. They were so amazing. Never did try the pure magic builds. Was always either street Samurai or Adept. Tried rigger once and wasn't that into it. Tried decker too, but that's a profession that requires so much resources in the form of cash to buy improved programs and stuff. Wasn't much into that. Shotguns are beastly, by the way, as is a good assault rifle. Didn't like smg's and pistols much because of the dual wield penalties, whereas the two-handed guns gave you a bonus in accuracy, if I remember correctly.

Kai

Spill chuck you spots!

2019-11-07 23:57:29

Full mage is a ton of fun, really. I can avoid getting busted for carrying anything illegal, no cyberware, nothing, I'm the ultimate blending in expert. I can get good clothes and blend in without a gun but still be ready to go. Just got my guy a Colt American for backup reasons. And because I put points into pistols. I want to be able to do magic and gunfire at the same time, yeah...

Also on Linux natively

2019-11-08 04:49:50

Mouse is quick and clever, good at hiding, great at hoarding all kinds of things which could be junk or treasure.
That's all I can remember off the top of my head, but it sounded intriguing, definitely not the usual wolf or bear, so I went with it.
There were so many to choose from!
I almost went with otter, because it is at home on land and in water.

2019-11-08 06:52:25

I just started playing this mud today thanks to my awesome friend getting me into it. And all I can say is, besides the annoying prompt, it's epic. I may make a soundpack for it even after a while of sticking with the game, given that I do. The playerbase is kinda empty now sadly.
I also won't rp with anyone until I get the bearings of both the mud and shadowrun. After that, anyone can rp with me however you want. My character is actually a reference to one of my big real life obsessions, lol.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2019-11-08 21:26:20

I really need to give this game another shot. I kind of enjoyed what I played, but sort of got a bit distracted by things.

Need to figure out the best way to setup an unarmed build, whether that be with adept or street sam. though street same is much better doing melee weaon things or guns.

The answer to your question is forum.audiogames.net/search

2019-11-08 21:31:33

I actually think adept would be much better at unarmed than street sam, since you've got a lot of powers like distance strike that let you hit with unarmed attacks from further away. There's also powers that improve your combat and dodge pools, and none of it is at the cost of essence, which is a scary thing when you're all rigged up with cybernetics and bioware and are running around with 0.5 essence. big_smile

Kai

Spill chuck you spots!

2019-11-08 21:41:27

Yeah, though I've always been bad at designing and statting out adept characters. Too bad it doesn't seem adepts can accept animal spirits in this version of Shadow Run. I know  a common theme with unarmed adepts in later versions is using shark bonuses.

2019-11-08 22:03:06

Adepts are good, but I'll stick with my full shaman with Cat totem thanks. Gives me a reason to be a dick who cares about #1...yeah.

Also, be careful with priorities, I sorta dicked myself over by not having enough for a car. Oops. I put points into driving mind, but...

Also on Linux natively

2019-11-08 22:07:38

So essentially just like a cat?  Oh god, KB would murder me for saying that.

Might take another crack at maybe designing an adept worth something.

2019-11-09 04:21:51

Good news: I've started to work on soundpack for this mud. After a quite unpromising while, not sure how long really, I'll hopefully be able to throw it around here so you folks can have fun. I just started it yesterday so it may take months or even a year to be functional. Too bad I can't add area loops to this one. Just coming to tell you that if you're looking for soundpack, it will hopefully be out there soon.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2019-11-09 07:02:31

Awesome can't wait to see what you come up with.

2019-11-09 12:00:43 (edited by RemusLupin 2019-11-09 12:01:01)

well guys i have so pritty stupid question:
do this game have sounds? or how to download or etc cause i  don't like games with out of sounds.
But well game discription seems pritty well so i will try if it

Yours kindly

2019-11-09 15:44:34

I think I screwd my self over. I have a coyoty human shaman, And Now it's taking up my mana and stunning me in combat which suckse. I don't even try using magic anymore, and I have no cash. and. Yeah, i think I'm screwd

You see a signature that is 800 characters and 8 lines long. You quickly report it to the administrators

2019-11-09 16:32:51

It's interesting that so many people use the presence of sounds as a metric on whether or not they play a mud. It could be a boring, bland, stock mud, and as long as it has sounds, it would win over a highly detailed game with rich crafting, story, etc.
I guess I'm an older school of mudder -- I've never needed sounds to play a mud. I've sometimes added sounds for notifying me of important things, and I might design sounds for certain activities, but sounds should be the sprinkles on the cake, not the cake itself.

Kai

Spill chuck you spots!

2019-11-09 17:29:56

I myself don't really mind or care much about sounds. But I do have a habit of making soundpacks for whatever muds I play and actually stick with. It makes it easier and gives a bit of video/audiogame like feeling when I play. But channel history on mushclient alone does fine for me, with or without sounds.

2019-11-12 23:14:37

back here now. I've made a new character, tranus. There seems to be no communication anywhere, even on frequency 8mhz. I've stopped using the magic system, and am now a sort of street samurai. i have brawling at above average. ur, good. I think that's all. I couldn't get any cybers because I only had 20k nuyen which i had to spend spairingly, but I've not played in like a few days or so

You see a signature that is 800 characters and 8 lines long. You quickly report it to the administrators

2019-11-14 01:50:23

Which client is good for this MUD? ANd a little off topic, where can I find a good MUD client for Mac? the terminal thing sucks at playing MUDS.

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134

2019-11-14 02:35:39

I don't wanna be on muds that don't have server side keep alive these days, because i'm tangled in manamon 2 and alternative magic. I'm still on alter, but usually to idle for the most part. But you folks will still see me pop on muds here and there from time to time, just don't play much since I multitask playing these two games like crazy and can't focus because the gameplay on these two is way too intense.
Anyway, as I failed a run the other day, anyone know how to get pass the security in cedar crup? I needed to get a folder to some dr. bitch in there but i can't get pass them.

2019-11-14 16:00:55

no idea. @45, i use vipmud for the game on windows. maye vipmud is available for mac? dout it though

2019-11-14 16:42:01

I've not been playing mutch. almost dead from hunger and thirst, and I can't see interacting people anywhere. In who, mostly a dead guy shows up and some other elf or dwarf.

2019-11-22 15:35:08

I just recreated my character, this time a dwarf adept with 6 ranks in rapid healing and 2 ranks in increased reflexes, and I'm already almost at 20 karma from doing shadow runs after only about an hour of play. lol. The start of this game really is pretty easy.

Kai

Spill chuck you spots!

2019-11-23 21:06:54

I can't understand what to do when I find the dead guy in the baseement

2019-11-23 21:19:56

If you mean in the neophyte guild, assuming you're doing the job to find the assistant, there should be a crate there next to the skeleton. Grab the crate and bring it back. Remember the recap command. It's saved me a lot of headache on multiple occasions.

Kai

Spill chuck you spots!