2019-11-09 16:26:24

Right, I saw you connect and then it froze for some reason. Try again.

Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.
"Cause in a game of life or death, you either live, or you die."
"Wake the fuck up, samurai. We have a city to burn."

2019-11-09 16:28:26

Okay just tried again, yee gods this system is clunky!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-11-09 16:30:15

It says waiting on other players. So I guess you're connected and I'm waiting on you to do... something. Yeah, clunky indeed.

2019-11-09 16:35:20 (edited by Dark 2019-11-09 16:37:50)

Hurrah! Got there in the end.

Thanks for the starters and for taking the time to grapple with the annoying system. I'm now going to backup my save file so I don't ever need to do this again even if Aaron doesn't update Manamon 1's online capabilities big_smile.

I don't think I'd mind as much if online trading was an optional extra, but to make it necessary to fully complete the game and then make the process and interface so bloody clunky is  a pest!

though if it's going to be necessary for manamon 2 hopefully we might get at least some degree of fixing here.

Either way, thanks again.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-11-09 16:59:28

You're welcome smile

2019-11-09 17:07:45

Squirmunk and Miterosier are by no means top tier. They'll do, but they're not all that good. If you're gonna use an early game mon, I'd pick Murkit and invest heavily in attack and speed, just kill stuff with standard and shadow moves. The Squirmunk line is basically in that great pile of manamon I say "meh" to. They work, sorta, but they're not particularly noteworthy.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-11-09 20:34:04 (edited by Dark 2019-11-09 20:35:43)

Squirmunk I think has been the one recommendation which was slightly disappointing, though I've at least leveled it up enough to transform, which means another notch on the manapedia completed.

I'm wondering at the moment when apparition transforms into Mortrex, since I did self trading with spirost, and I just want to make sure it works as advertised.
Finaut is however pretty handy, especially with divine barrier and tidal wave  made mount Sindar something of a joke, although I'm trying to be even with my main party and levelling, they're all around level 29-30 at the moment.

Right now the team comprises bombusect, Monta, Eagawk, Apparition, Finaut and Lonar.

Again, turning off battle sfx in areas where I want to grind helps speed matters up quite a bit, though I do like listening to them most of the time.

Btw, jayde, ever considered writing up a Manamon list? The spotlights in your walkthru are handy, though to be honest I like exploring myself most of the time and am manely using it for the manamon recommendations and to make sure I don't irreparably mess up my game at any points.

I also really! think Aaron should've used type effectiveness info in the game itself, honestly, it wouldn't be that hard when viewing either a manamon or an attack to have keys listing strength/weakness rather than have to go and look in a separate text file, oh and whilst obviously one will get used to the elemental weaknesses over time, its a pain to have to look them up everytime there is a new type matchup.

2019-11-09 21:18:14

The sheep Manamon you get later also has to be traded to transform if I remember correctly. Manamon 2 fixes the online issue by allowing players to create or join rooms just by typing a name. This is way less clunky than the peer-to-peer system.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2019-11-09 21:42:59 (edited by LordLuceus 2019-11-09 21:43:21)

Dark, I think you misunderstood. Aperishian will transform into Mortrex when traded, so trading a Spirost will do nothing.

2019-11-10 01:23:50

Yep, I gather that Manamon 2 improves things quite a  bit online trading wise, though obviously that doesn't help in manamon1.

Again, good to know Lord Luceus, I assumed that those manamon who needed online trading would transform when they got high enough level, I'll try the self trading thing again and see what happens.

2019-11-10 03:27:03

Dark, if you have two computers, self trading thing won't required.

2019-11-10 04:02:57

@Socheat, I did consider this, but I'd either need to borrow my lady's laptop or bring mine from my parents which could both be less inconvenient than self trading. Actually I just self traded and got motrex no trouble. I also just finished the third stadium as well.

Okay! spoilers for plot ahoy!

I admit I like the idea behind the plot with Rena, I mean how often does suicide come up in a computer game, but yee gods its heavy handed. Sienarus is the sort of card board ranting, eeeeeevil! zealot Christian, ---- well at least fantasy god worshipper (who isn't based on christianity honest gov),  who really gets up my lady's nose, since as very much a christian of the none bonkers variety herself, she gets rather tired of the stereotyping.

Actually, I'm a little surprised that Rena's deafness and lack of sight is mentioned then never alluded to again, particularly with how she obviously has managed to go and find herself some wild Manamon.

But hay, at least it gave a bit more context to the battles this time around which is always good.

Ironically, I remember really struggling at this stage in the game last time, but now I'm finding things much easier, indeed I've only died twice now, once to administrator cage since my manamon weren't healed up enough and I forgot to use skill drinks on important skills, and once in the cave when ratsel got an unlucky poking from a zimbat.

That might change of course, but obviously preparation is paying off which is nice, though I do slightly wish there was a better indication of how different manamon evolve stat wise.

2019-11-11 08:37:45

Yeah. Manamon's plot has some...questionable elements, and Seinarus is the first moment where I went "Uh, what am I getting myself into?". But I'm a sucker for games like this. I liked Rina. I manifestly loathed Seinarus for a whole host of reasons.

Finaut having Divine Barrier and good special defense makes him a surprising wall. Most of his issue comes with his moveset, which you're probably going to see fairly soon is kind of bad. Tidal Wave, Waterbomb and Storm Rush. And a random Hone Blade which will boost the damage of Suffocate. Yup, Suffocate. That's it. So, so glad things are better balanced in the second game. I haven't tried Fingon's line yet in the new game, but if it gets some water attacks that are physical, it may be a winner.

2019-11-11 11:19:44 (edited by Socheat 2019-11-11 11:21:30)

@Dark, looks like we're in a competition right now. Just finished the third stadium as well. Even I've gotten myself a copy of Manamon 2, thanks to Trajectory and everyone who donated. I've started it up and play like 24 minutes. lol. when all things are settled in Manamon 1, I'm going to play Manamon 2 ASAP. Though I've heard people said it's getting harder than the manamon 1.

2019-11-11 16:20:23

Lol socheat, I don't imagine a competition would work, since firstly you know the game much better than I do, and secondly I can't always guarantee how much time I'll have to play, between both my lady and my guide dog being ill at the moment.

I will certainly be buying Manamon 2 eventually, though given the apparent increased difficulty and the fact that my previous try at Manamon wasn't exactly easy going I want to get used to things first, which is also why I dropped a payment onto Trajectory's gifting train, so that I can support VGSTorm's new release before I buy the game myself.

@Jayde, I liked the idea behind Rena, but the execution was a little too black and white, good virtuous daughter, evil religious zealot father for me to take entirely seriously, but hay its nice to get some emotional content in what is essentially a game about battling monsters.

As to Finort we'll see, I'm aware that I'll probably need to train up other Manamon at different points of the game as I capture different ones, for example right now I have no ice types on my team at all, , but at least the strategy of turning off battlecries and grinding lets me train up creatures relatively quickly. I believe this was my mistake  before, since I do enjoy hearing the different attacks and discovering the new creatures.

Well bright water trail here we go.

2019-11-11 16:31:15

Be careful of random insect tamer on that route. Heh. He destroyed me on my first playthrough.

Most of the first Manamon's issues come down to really, really limited move choices that just weren't all that well thought out. manamon 2 does not really have this issue, or at least, not nearly so much as the original.

If you thought Seinarus was bad, just watch what happens with Octoross.

Also, Manamon 2 has more puzzles and there are parts where it's definitely harder. Some of the postgame is straight-up mean. But otherwise it's not insanely difficult. A lot of gimicky wosses which I won't spoil here, the sort of thing where you might want to tear out your hair the first two times, then figure out the knack and don't have so much problem anymore. I will say no more than this for now. Good luck in your playthrough.

2019-11-12 02:56:11

Well I've finished the arcade and met Yavin. Again much easier this time around given that my party were all level 34 or so when I went in, and with a better spread of weaknesses I could usually find something effective, though yee gods April's Artana was quite a nightmare!

Bombusect is probably going to have to go at this point, not enough status or ways to protect itself, though I'm not sure what to replace it with as yet. I do remember that once I got through the jungle you get the XP pal in the next city, so that should help with levelling up  other Manamon to try. Oh and I take your point on fingon and the attack problem, I didnt' even learn herb blade.
The free gift was an Exponge which I'm considering switching out for Fingon, since that would cover water, and it looked interestingly tanky, though for bombuset's replacement I'm not entirely sure at this stage.

On the plus side, Mortrex, Leonata, and Mondable all seem pretty brick, and EaGawk is a strong hitter, though often depending upon evasion rather than attacks at this stage.

Oh well, hopefully stadium four tomorrow.
I've still not sadly got to any new content I didn't see back in 16 just after my wedding, though some of this does bring back good memories for that reason big_smile.

I think the last thing plot wise I saw was Octurus summoning Eroadium and causing a tower to come crashing to the ground, after that I remember going to a sewer and the levels of the wild manamon there seeming unreasonably high big_smile.

Btw, it's a shame there isn't an area where you can go and fight a variety of manamon at your party's level or there abouts, just like in trainer battles, so that your not having to constantly fight in an area with only five or six wild manamon who might be inconvenient type  for levelling up some of your party.

2019-11-12 03:56:21

How do you catch the manamon that is in the woods between the second and third towns? I am talking about the manamon that you can fight after you get the first stadium key.
He is in a chest.

2019-11-12 04:02:30

If you mean pandoubit, you need to get it below %50 hp and then chuck meganets, though it takes several to get it and  some of it's attacks can be quite annoying.

I tried using it after that as it has some cool abilities, soul split isn't really a reliable damage move and it kept getting knocked out.
I am thinking though of capturing the level 25 one in the jungle and seeing what that is like.

2019-11-12 04:33:49

Just kill the first Pandourbit that you first encountered. There is one more later that you can catch, in Dimbranch Jungle. that pandourbit has much more moves than the first one does.

2019-11-12 04:53:25 (edited by Mitch 2019-11-12 17:59:25)

So for me, I've been trying to not overstuff my team with mons. When I had my old computer that was loaned to me (still only have the demo), I just wanted to use everything on my team. Right now, I am using Girmarine (which is a serious tanky magic sweeper, Dissonant Chime literally saved my butt after losing to Hydrake three times), Owlaw (he seemed pretty good from when I caught him), and new addition Leonra gheven though I'm kind of skeptical about getting a standard typear, because I couldn't find the bed in the tunnel and I got lost and he seriously pushed through. Is this a good mon team for now, or are Monja, Granate any good, and are Zimbat and Eagala better flying types than Owlaw?

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2019-11-12 09:49:23

Owlaw is a pretty good type. It's air-sound, by the way, not standard.

Zimbat is air-magic, is frail but fast, and can hit decently hard from both sides.

Granate's stats aren't bad, but it's cursed with not very good moves.

Monja is really, really awful in the first manamon game. It's somewhat better in the second. It's very fast, and its attacking stats aren't bad, but again, not very many good attacks. I think for fighting attacks you're stuck between Rookie Kick or Blind Rush. There's no in between. And you get, uh, Shadow Claw for shadow type damage. No Oblivion Slash, even though it seems like that move was made for this manamon.

2019-11-12 10:04:46

Hey, Jayde.

Will you be doing a text walkthrough of the new Manamon game?

2019-11-12 10:19:16

Do anyone know how to do this? I only have one computer in the home.
I would like to put the other two manamon from the beginning of the game in my current game. How would I go about this?

2019-11-12 10:38:10

If you're referring to Manamon 1, of course you can do self trading. But for Manamon 2, well, you're gonna need somebody to trade with you over the internet