2019-09-26 14:34:43

So far I've received 6 responses. I at least four more, more than 10 is better than just 10.
At this point in writing there are five days left before I close the form and randomize people if there are more than 10. If there are just 10 and they will automatically go into the Skype group regardless.

-----
YouTube
GitHub
Discord: @tunmi13#1880

2019-09-26 17:32:07 (edited by amerikranian 2019-09-26 17:32:55)

@tunmi, with all do respect, why the skype group? It's not like this project is super popular... wouldn't it be better to enhance the thing and attract a larger group of people who are trying it out?

2019-09-26 21:16:52

i agree with this, i don't even check this topic reguarly and i can tell a skype group is useless.

amerikranian wrote:

@tunmi, with all do respect, why the skype group? It's not like this project is super popular... wouldn't it be better to enhance the thing and attract a larger group of people who are trying it out?

2019-09-27 14:02:09

Hi,
@53 and @54: I see your point. But, it's not meant for attraction, just communication. I personally feel like most people would check a Skype group before AudioGames.net, seeing how many people have conflicts on it. So the Skype group was mainly created for easier communication.
Now, many people can judge against this, but for me also, it's easier.

-----
YouTube
GitHub

2019-09-28 07:02:48

honestly I cannot remember and I would be surprised if licensing restrictions exist, but you could add: speak n spell as a rather unique instrument

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2019-09-28 14:04:32

Do the sounds have a specificcreative commons license?

-----
YouTube
GitHub

2019-09-28 16:09:05

well as much as I have read about it, no one has complained about licensing issues, and there are just too many albums out there with the samples used as instruments.
There is a windows based audio encoder, a fan page for it that has not been taken down or anything, and many sites offer it as free libraries for some sample based players so its most likely safe.

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2019-09-30 02:08:27 (edited by tunmi13 2019-09-30 02:09:27)

THREE Day warning: You have 3 days to submit responses, so if you haven't yet and would still like to participate in the InstraPlanet Beta Program, move your ass forward! The link remains the same, find it in post51.

Also, I have the Speak&Spell sounds, I'll see what I'll do with it. I may make the number row say different, quotes, and decide on the others later, let me know your suggestions.

-----
YouTube
GitHub

2019-10-04 03:10:12

Okay. So, here's the dealio.
There are still issues occurring in the drum set that I'm coding, so I'm going to just scrap it and re-write it. I want to get this version out as quickly as possible, I think you guys have been waiting way too long for the next version, so I'm just going to wing it and code my ass off and get this thing fixed.
But I can let you guys see part of the changelog, so here.
There are new menu sounds. These should be mostly permanent throughout the development of IP, thanks to SoundBible.com.
There is now an updater thanks to Mason Armstrong, (@masonasons) who let me support his famous (or really not famous, wait whaaaaaaaat) updater in IP. So, anytime the game updates, think of Mr. Mason over there.
As some people suggested, you can now use all arrow keys to navigate through the menu, of course, in pairs. Option 1 is up and down, and option 2 is left and right. Either way, you can move through the menu both ways.
There's now aspeaker test for stereo instruments. Let's just say, Bacon's the announcer. Yes, Bacon, or TrueVoice Eager Eddy if you're going with the real name.
Everything else? You'll have to see (ahem, did I just say that?). Hey, I had to do that, I haven't made a joke on here in ages.
Anyway thanks for understanding guys.

-----
YouTube
GitHub

2019-11-07 17:20:55

Hi Guys,
This is sad news, especially since I thought this thing was going to evolve. But, it can't in this condition. For this reason, 'I'm Rebuilding this game from the ground up. The code was messy, the instruments weren't behaving as expected, and I think -i can makwh it better. So, I'll leave the version 0.1.03 out on the site now if you still want to mess around with it, but So promise, InstraPlanet rebuilt version 1.0 will be way better!
I hope you guys understand.

-----
YouTube
GitHub

2019-11-08 06:22:37

The python version will also be better, and it's almost done being developed!

2019-11-08 06:38:07

Well the rewrite is done, but pyinstaller is returning an error when I try to compile. I'll have to see what's going on with it.

2019-11-08 15:01:32

@Ty Nothing's gone wrong here, but I just noticed something, are there multiple people developing this version? @tunmi13 has also posted about the rewrite. I haven't kept up with this project so I'm now wondering who's behind it, nothing more or less than that.
Also, I do have an idea. Have any of you considered any easter eggs?
There's a very silly one which is a loonie toons gag that involves playing certain notes on a piano and the  piano exploding, although I don't think there should be much of an aftermath. After all, toons always explode, so all you'd hear is an explosion and a few seconds later you'd be able to play again.
The cartoons used the gag decades apart, here's a compilation of all of them. In the entire lifespan, it was used 4 times.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1rXcm2mbKI

2019-11-08 16:25:05

Me and tunmi are both developing it, I'm basically a co-dev, same as simuTapes. He posted about it in the skype group, I guess he forgot to here.

2019-11-09 16:59:40

@ aaron: Apologies, I was writing In a hurry because class was about to start on the day I wrote it. But yes, Ty has joined me in recreating this. I'll be uploading it within a week or two, so I can give everyone a chance to transfer from the old one to the new one.

-----
YouTube
GitHub

2019-11-09 17:02:34

Sorry for double postingeaidn't see Your suggestion Aaron until after writing my reply to you. I think that's hilarious! Maybe we should have it explode when the user performs a chord or lays certain notes in arpeggio or something. It'd just be funny watching people play things and have their clients blow up. LOL

-----
YouTube
GitHub

2019-11-09 18:56:19

Here is a link to the python version of ip. There is no updater, but all the features that were going to be in the bgt version are in here aside from that. And before people bitch at me about dropbox, I'm just awaiting tunmi uploading it to his FPT.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gw803v4t00df5 … e.zip?dl=1

2019-11-10 00:41:44

Moderation:
As this is not a game, I am moving it to off topic. I realize this should have been done a while ago, and I apologize for forgetting to do it sooner.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2019-11-10 05:40:58

It is still in the new releases room... but all right, sounds like a plan.

-----
YouTube
GitHub

2019-11-10 06:26:25

It says moved, @69

2019-11-12 21:27:55

Hi,
Regarding the explosion/looniy toons gag, the only reason the idea even works is it is a particular gag, that explodes with the exact or similar sequence each time. In the cartoon, no other tune was used. You can see/hear the gag in action with the link above. Even if it's in a different key, it was still the same sequence of notes, sometimes exact, and sometimes just after, but the main sequence was always the same.

2019-11-12 23:18:30

I think you are capable of using the pitch feature to change octaves, though it probably won't work like you want it to, i think at least. I've not tried it in a while and still, haven't tried it on piano instriment

You see a signature that is 800 characters and 8 lines long. You quickly report it to the administrators

2019-11-13 12:57:39

hi,
I want to download this. one question, is there other instruments?

If you found this post helpful, amusing or funny, please thumb it up!
To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.

2019-11-13 16:55:45

We're currently trying to add more. SO far there are drums, and a piano. If you know any sounds we can use, please post in this topic.