2019-11-01 16:18:35

Yes, that is true, however simuTapes reads wav and ogg files that are already recorded as protected tapes.
We did that on purpose. Why would you want to record on an already recorded-on tape? Just saying, because I mean, inserting a blank withape is much more easier than having to find the position you're at, hitting record, adding the contents to the loaded file, then somehow re-saving to the tapes folder.
Yes, you can record tapes that are already written on and unprotected on a real player, but for now SimuTapes is going to treat recorded / imported tapes as protected.

-----
YouTube
GitHub
Discord: @tunmi13#1880

2019-11-03 01:37:11

You can't protect a tape my dear. And you can record on a prerecorded tape. This isn't accurate in simulations if you can't do that.

-
"There is beauty in simplicity."

2019-11-03 01:37:46

I'm glad you realized you can record over recorded tapes on a real tape player. will it have the proper punch in sound? when I used to do it you could get it just right where you could have multi instances of your voices punching in at the same time if you tried hard enough. Will it get the proper fade out? Also you could be awesome and make it possible to wire a second head on it and feed it back into itself and make tape delay? Then you're probably not going for reel to reel were you. And can you truly protect a tape? Nothing stops my tape player from playing my tapes unless I tamper with it myself and render playback useless. Just saying, if you're gonna make a simulator, put in a bit of realism. Is there a little counter you can reset that says how many seconds the tape has been on?

2019-11-05 01:31:59

Well the new update's ready, but it won't be out probably until later tonight, because I don't have access to tunmi's FTP. Sorry foaks.

2019-11-06 03:59:00

The original plan was to make the siulator with one deck, like a Walkman sort.
@audiogame: There's a way, actually. On the tape itself there's a little area you break off when tapes are finished. If the person breaks off this tab on the tape, the tape loses its recording ability. I'm not sure if that was how it was back then, but that's usually the method I've heard is common, especially for audiobooks and that sort.
Keep in mind peeps, Ty and I are only going with the basic mechanics Of the siulator. If we change something too much it can have an effect on what it should be siulating. A boombox? Walkman?
I see the whole thing about recording over a tape from the tapes folder, but I'm a slight bit thrown off on the whole deck wire thing. Sure, the punch-in, the fading, that's simple enough, but it all sounds k"d of... I don't know, like the simulator should actually be a cassette player and recorder. In a way, I can see the fact of having to get the slight mistakes right, like I thought the  punch-in idea seemed pretty cool. But major things like deck wire, etc, are way beyond me. I'll need some help translating that into simplerEngish Ty and I can understand. We didn't live in the 90s or 80s, so this is where you guys come in.

-----
YouTube
GitHub

2019-11-06 04:02:14

Apologies for double-post, just wanted to point out, sorry for my mispellings, my braille keyboard's dot 3 and dot 6 keys are sticking down.
Anyway, about the update. I've not had time to update my FTP server with the new version package, I apologize. I'll do that tomorrow Wednesday morning when I wake up.

-----
YouTube
GitHub

2019-11-06 15:07:15

Version 1.2 is now available, however it is optional. The reason is because all it is is minor improvements under the hood (aka, not noticeable). The only minor change you will notice is some of the wording, like new tapes is now called blank tapes.
If you encounter any bugs, let Ty or I know, we had to patch a stop bug with the player crashing once you hit ENTER on the stop button, but if you are still experiencing it, just let us know what happens.

-----
YouTube
GitHub

2019-11-08 03:22:08

And, sounds got changed.

2019-11-08 08:07:50

hi
thats cool! thanks

2019-11-08 19:29:39

If it-s possible, can you add translations into other languages?

73 Wj3u

2019-11-08 22:44:15

@60: I actually never considered that! That sounds like a great idea. We'd just have to make a file extension for our language files, like lng or lg. We'll see though..

-----
YouTube
GitHub

2019-11-09 01:14:30

If you do, let me know, I can translate into romanian.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2019-11-09 16:54:04

E-mail your possible translations to [email protected], or [email protected], and we'll see what we can do.

-----
YouTube
GitHub

2019-12-12 15:30:02

And what's going?

Mao!
--
TD programs website available under new address.
https://tdprograms.ovh/

2019-12-12 16:53:05

I currently have no ideas for this project, and Tunmi is taking a break from coding to focus on his health. If you request features I can try and add them, but I won't be able to upload them to the FTP server.

2019-12-12 21:14:58

If you use fast forward or rewind when a tape is not playing, it seems to go on indefinitely.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-12-13 03:26:43

@66
I'll have to look into that, thanks.

2020-01-02 20:35:52

Hi everyone
So I just wanted to let you know that development of this project has not stopped, but Tunmi and I both have very busy personal lives, and haven't had much time or ideas for SimuTapes.
Here's what we have in the changelog for version 1.3 so far
Now the client checks for updates on startup
Changed the menus, making the sounds no longer pan as it wasn't realistic and removed wrapping in the drawr.
When trying to play a tape or something of that nature when no tape is in the deck, you get a little sound as well as a message.
Now when you do anything with a menu item, if you succeed or not, you are still focused on that option.
Modifications to readme
Reduced wait times for exiting and launching

We're currently trying to fix a bug that ironcross pointed out to me, if you press the fast forward or rewind buttons while there's a tape in the deck but it's not playing, you still hear the sound. I'm not really sure if there is a way around this because the class we're using, but we'll have to see.

If you guys have any feature requests, write them here and we'll try to put them in.

2020-03-05 15:31:55

Hi everyone
So it's been mainly me working on this version of SimuTapes, and as such, there hasn't been work done very fast, as I'm not really into BGT much anymore. However, I thought I'd throw what I have out there.
The file isn't on tunmi's ftp yet, but here's a dropbox link

SimuTapes 1.3!

Enjoy, and feel free to report bugs or leave feedback!

2020-03-07 13:32:42

Hi guys,
The project has been moved to the following link. I'll be editing post 1 to match the change.
http://tunmi13.dev/projects/simuTapes.zip
The project is now on there and ready for download, so feel free to go grab it.
Enjoy.

-----
YouTube
GitHub

2020-03-07 14:31:16

This is interesting.

If you found this post helpful, amusing or funny, please thumb it up!
To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.

2020-03-07 22:17:21

Hello,

I would love to see this project moved to Python or another programming language, as BGT is pretty limited when it comes to such things.
I don't know if you (developers) know Python or another programming language, but I'm just suggesting - you'll surely be able to make more things out of this project if coded on another Programming language.

Email: [email protected]
Discord: StormProductions
Telegram: https://stormproductions.t.me/

2020-03-07 23:49:22 (edited by Quin 2020-03-07 23:49:42)

I personally do and I already ported IP to python but now tunmi isn't really able to help because he won't learn python. Dammit tunmi big_smile

2020-03-08 03:12:54

Shh, I'm learning behind the scenes! big_smile wink

-----
YouTube
GitHub