2019-11-08 19:34:54

Hi. So as many of you on this forum know, a few months ago, Mason Armstrong announced that he was done making audio games. However, I doubt this is true. Whats my reasoning? Look at his site. About two months ago, Mason had a thing on his site saying that he was not going to continue audio games, and the purchase page for TH was taken down. Then about a week or two ago, I visited masonasons.me and saw that the message that said he was done with audio games was gone. I also saw the purchase page for TH. Today, I look at his page, and I see this new keyboard thing, I see Endless Runner, TH, and Crime Hunter

2019-11-08 20:07:21

Those games have existed for a while. Endless Runner is not new and Crime Hunter definitely isn’t new.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2019-11-08 20:25:49

I know. But he took almost everything down, and told people he was done. And then you see him updating his page? That does not make me believe that he is really done

2019-11-08 21:12:59

That’s just Mason for you; he does that.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2019-11-08 22:49:41

yes, I saw this also. I wonder if he'll come back? but after the drama I don't think he will this time.

2019-11-08 23:09:41

He simply restored an older back up of his index file. That's, litterally it.

2019-11-08 23:16:19

@6 ok, but if you've been around this community for a time, you know how Mason is

2019-11-08 23:33:49

Yeah, I bet $500k that he had a melt down, put that on the site, and then put the site back to normal once the melt down passed. The only reason he's not doing that here is because he's banned, but rest assured that when the 6 months are up he'll be right back at it quicker than ever. Oh and then he'll be gone again. Oh and then he'll come back... yeah.

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2019-11-08 23:42:21

If he never makes another audio game, honestly good riddance

Is this the real life?
Or is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide,
No escape from reality

2019-11-08 23:50:16

ok, I'm not kidding, could people stop thrashing him just for doing stuff? especially when you don't even know how hard it is to code. good riddance? no, that's not what we do here; and some may consider that a personal attack. Jimmy69: that was completely unnecessary, and if you're just trying to look like the big posters, then ya failed, ok? just stop attacking them, their lives may be much harder than you think. so take that into consideration and think before you act.

2019-11-09 00:00:10

@10 that is not an attack, but that the post was not needed, fully aggree.
@6 na, cause if that was true game engine would be back as well.

Lamas with hats, but with sponge bob as carl Stay tuned.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvAUQt … subscriber

2019-11-09 00:09:58

I see nothing wrong with post 9. It's his opinion, and there are no personal attacks in it.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2019-11-09 00:11:24

I have been around this community, and Mason and me are actually decent friends. He does have a habbit of doing what Steve says, that's true. But in regards to what jimmy said, no. Mason makes great games. He's a tallented coder. Him and sam streched bgt to it's fucking limits. Where mason lacks? being able to maintain games. Where sam lacks? Updating games.

2019-11-09 01:00:10

As soon as we all stop giving a shit, he'll have nothing to do. While we all continue to track his page and play his games, he'll keep coming back. it's like an addiction or something to him. He needs validation and he'll do anything to get it.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-11-09 01:02:41

@10 I'm sorry, but what? Just because he's a programmer, you think he should get a free pass? That's not how this works and if you think that by you becoming a programmer, you'll get a free ride to do whatever you want, think again.

End racism
End division
Become united

2019-11-09 05:06:13

Yeah all of his projects have nothing but fucking drama. The way he’s treated everyone in this fucking community, I really do hope he never comes back. Or at least not for a very, very, long time and when he can get his shit together

Is this the real life?
Or is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide,
No escape from reality

2019-11-09 08:49:30 (edited by Zarvox 2019-11-09 09:00:48)

part of his problem with maintaining games is his admin team. I don't know them personally, and I have rarely talked to them on games. But there is a such thing as first impressions, inferences, and context clues from th community. His online games have a far worse reputation because of network issues, admin reputation, and other reasons. If he stuck to offline games perhaps his reputation could go up a little but there are many more factors to consider

2019-11-09 09:11:31

@16, fine then, how would you feel if you'd been coding for 5 years! for this community, and all you got was blatant disrespect and a few good comments that are actually worth looking at. no, I don't think being a programmer looking at. no, I don't think being a programmer will give me a free pass, so don't put words in my mouth. What I think is that if you go out of your way to be one of if not the best programmer in the entire audiogames community with bgt, putting in a lot of your spare time for this community, going through hard times in coding and getting out again almost every time, that, is what I think deserves respect. and mason's done nothing but the things I touch on. that's why I think he needs more respect.

2019-11-09 09:18:13

All I'm going to say on this is that no matterhow well meaning someone's intentions are, when they continue to exhibit the same destructive behavior time after time, the community will wise up to it and grow tired of it.

2019-11-09 09:35:50

@18, one of the best programmers the community has had? I'm sorry but I don't bye that. Sam Tupy was far, far better than Mason ever was; at least Sam wised up to the issues he had and left the community and (from what I know) never exhibited any of the destructive tendencies that Mason has demonstrated.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-11-09 09:41:04

I didn't say he was the best, I said he was easily the second best though. and you try to code ethen. yeah, pretty hard, isn't it? now, become the second best programmer in this community. not too easy either. so I say the same to you as I did to @9

2019-11-09 09:57:23

I'm amused by the argument that if someone doesn't know how to code then they shouldn't talk.
Last I checked games were made for the community. So if the community is not happy with how they are being treated, then hey have every right to speak up.
I don't care how easy or hard something is. that does not give anyone a free pass to be destructive towards a community. if you do that then you are bound to face the consequences.

2019-11-09 16:36:24 (edited by Simter 2019-11-09 16:37:06)

@17 yeah the admin team got pritty bad after a while when mason started to promote more and more people that either no one knew out side his games and that never showed up or people that just abuse their powers, i had to see that just recently.
@20 the problem with sam is that he also kinda ignores his customers. He is really bad with dealing with them sometimes when it comes to problems. When an anyaudio account was hacked he didn't care at all even when you pm him on rs and he reads and responds to your pm for an example.
@22 22 is kind of true. If someone doesn't know how to code and then bashes everything that is not 100 percent like he wants it that is frustrating.

Lamas with hats, but with sponge bob as carl Stay tuned.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvAUQt … subscriber

2019-11-09 16:43:21

So, the gist of this argument is that if you're a programmer who makes games for this community, you deserve respect no matter what other things you may have done or may be doing. Again, no, that just doesn't work. You earn respect, you don't just magically get it. Aside from the mutual level of respect two humans should have for one another.

People seem to think that becoming a programmer is like this Zen portal to the hearts and minds of the community. But what they're really doing is fulfilling a perceived need or want. The developers who deserve respect are not just the good coders, but the ones who engage with the community, take feedback, are good with handling customer issues, etc.

End racism
End division
Become united

2019-11-09 21:04:36 (edited by jack 2019-11-09 21:05:00)

rory-games wrote:

you try to code ethen. yeah, pretty hard, isn't it?

Um, lol. You're forgetting that he is a coder you know, see the free os project as a good example.