2019-11-08 03:25:41 (edited by Dan Gero 2019-11-09 13:51:37)

My problem is I feel like a lot of people are asking me to justify my actions, especially iron cross. I’m hoping that’s not the case, but if that is, I don’t have to justify myself to anybody. I don’t have to tell people why I do things. I do because sometimes the way I do things can come off as being whiny or entitled and I feel like explaining myself will be a good idea, but really I don’t have to and none of you guys should be expecting that out of me. Jimmy, I’m going to address some of your points here.

Jimmy69 wrote:

One reason i think that Ironcross was laying into him is because this guy has a bit of a holier than thou attitude a lot of the time. He also comes across as wanting to be a backseat moderator a fuckload. In recent topics he has made many posts and topics that come off as him feeling that he is on the same level as a moderator. For example, in the topic what games should be considered for the database, that seems like a topic a moderator should be making. I do understand that this forum is a community driven website but he seems to be pushing himself as a moderator. At the very least that is how it came across.

I definitely see where you’re coming from on this one, but I have absolutely no intentions on telling the moderators how to do their job, and I apologize if some of my posts came off that way. I make a lot of these posts to suggest ideas, I’m not trying to tell anybody what to do or how to do it. I will say that I have more of a leader ship type personality, and a lot of that leaks in my posts. Generally I’m a leader, not a follower. That’s just the way I am, and I try to keep that in check knowing that I’m not a moderator here, but inevitably some of that leadership personality is going to leak into my post, and I’m sorry if that bothers you guys, but it’s not something I can really change, and to be honest it’s not something I’m going to change. I was born a leader, and I’m not going to change that just because it bothers a few people.

Jimmy69 wrote:

He makes a lot, i mean a lot of topics where either he is asking some random question and somehow coming across annoying, or posting the in the most winy way possible. He has a method of writing that doesn't ingratiate him to anyone.

Thank you for pointing out that my writing style is unique, I definitely don’t think that but moving on… I am an open book, so I have no qualms about posting topics that apply to me and my personal life. I’m sorry that the topics I create bother people, but once again you’re just gonna have to get over that because that’s not something I’m willing to change, because it doesn’t need to be changed. There’s nothing wrong with me making topics about me and the stuff I go through. If you don’t feel like reading it or if you don’t like it, feel free to scroll past and continue with your day.

Jimmy69 wrote:

Finally another reason people may disapprove. The final reason i could see people not liking him very much. Full disclosure:

Actually I do have a good number of friends and there are a lot of people who like me, but moving on:

Jimmy69 wrote:

DanGero, you made a massive topic about how you wanted to be banned and made at least me feel bad for you. You made this whole argument about your feelings and all of that is totally okay. But then two days later your back and this whole attitude i discussed earlier shows up. You basically sit there and cry about your feelings and say you aren't coming back but then your back and posting a massive amount of topics all the time.

I made that post out of anger, and the only reason I came back is because there were a few users who suggested that I do step away and cool down for a little bit and really think about what I’m doing. That’s what I did. I stepped away and took some time to cool down, and I realized that the decision I was about to make was stupid. Then again, would it have been? I have/had a lot of good reasons for wanting to leave. Obviously I’m not going to now, but if I was going to leave I could list one good reason why it would be a good idea.
I’m honestly getting sick and tired of the constant negativity and toxicity that accompanies not only this forum, but social media in general. There were many times I wanted to take my phone, throw it out the window, and go technology free for the rest of my life; until I realized how much I depend on technology and can’t do something like that. People wonder why so many good developers have left the scene? It’s because of the constant bullshit that goes on. People can’t be happy with what they’re given. Somebody always has something to bitch about. Nobody can just be happy that the developer tried their best to release a new game that everybody can enjoy. Thanks to a lot of entitled people, now most of the audio gaming community is stagnant interms of new games being developed. I personally feel like we wouldn’t have nearly as many clones if the community have been more grateful of new games coming out. We would’ve had high-quality games, most of the developers that left would still be around. But they’re not, because a lot of people feel that it’s a productive use of their time to slam a developer for every little thing that goes wrong in their games. This doesn’t just apply to games, this applies to everything. A few months ago I had gone through a lot of shit. I had just gone through my first break up, I was coming close to the end point in my training which meant there was a lot of work piled on me all at once, And I had to face the reality that I was going to have to go back to my old home, which is a place I hate being Because there’s a lot of toxicity that goes on there too. I had to leave an environment where I was supported by a lot of people and had a lot of good friends, only to go back to a place where everybody was toxic and shit talk to each other all the time. Therefore, somebody please enlighten me on how I’m supposed to not get pissed off when I come on here and try to make the best of my situation by telling jokes, and a lot of people bash me for it? Honestly if I was back in Nebraska again, I probably would ditch social media or at least I think I would, because there I can actually go outside of my home and find some place downtown where I can socialize with people. There was literally a bar right next-door to my apartment complex where I could go and hang out with people. At the time, I didn’t need this forum, I didn’t need Twitter, I didn’t need Facebook, I didn’t need any of it. Now I’m stuck with it because there’s nowhere for me to go back here in North Carolina. I can’t go out of my house and walk to a bar and talk to people. There’s not a Walgreens three blocks away. There’s not a movie theater right next-door. There’s nothing here. Just me, my dog, and my cell phone which I used to go on the forum and see everybody talk shit to each other. Therefore, I don’t want anybody to confront me on that topic I made anymore, because I won’t hear it. I already have enough shit going on in my life, I don’t need people getting upset with me for something that I did a few months ago.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2019-11-08 15:09:14

Right. I'm going to simply say this. I don't like putting it like this, but it's something I have wanted to say for a while.
Unfortunately this forum's not ready for troll style jokes, yet.
and here's why.
We don't have a way to signify it like the sighted community does.
A poster of a troll-style joke in the sighted community can put an image as a direct counterpoint to it, immediately explaining it's a troll joke.
We don't have a text equivalent. We developed spoiler space way back when and that was from the audyssey list, but I don't think we've got a way of someone justifying it's supposed to be a bit of fun when they do a troll-style joke.

Thumbs up

2019-11-08 19:36:01

A troll  is someone who makes a post or comment with the end goal of getting a rise out of someone else. Contrary to popular belief, the origin has relatively little to do with a giant depicted in Scandinavian folklore but rather fishing. When you're trolling (fishing) you're baiting the fish, hoping it falls pray to your trap. Thus trolls aren't usually accompanied by a meme or image, for that would entirely ruin the point. It goes without saying, some will get the joke, some will follow the worm along the line.
Sidenote: troll can refer to the offender or post, used interchangeably.

If you're a bystander, it can actually be amusing to watch sometimes assuming no real harm is being caused. For this reason, I highly doubt trolling is going anywhere. Plus we'd be hard pressed to come up with a rule preventing it. Many trollish posts can, in reality, relieve unneeded tention and put a smile on a couple faces.
There's a difference between ruffling a couple feathers and appearing needlessly antagonistic/destructive. So while I see what you're saying

Thumbs up

2019-11-09 00:04:36

@26 I'm sorry but that post was BS on so many levels. First of all, a leadership personality? I think not. More of a I'm gonna be pushy and insert myself into places where I'm not wanted, then get hurt when people don't' agree with me or say things I don't like personality. I'm sorry bro, but you're annoying, and I'm sure I'm not the only one to say that. Then you wanna be like I'm sorry it's just how I am, deal with it. Umm, no? Will that excuse fly if the person is a rapist, child molester, serial killer, etc. No it won't, so it doesn't fly for you either. You reap what you sew, and if your seeds are those of an annoying, slightly egotistical pushy person, you're gonna get backlash. Then you want to run and cry to people when you don't get your way - I'm specifically talking about off-forum matters, yeah, again... no. Everywhere you go and everything you do sets off this chain reaction because you just can't stand when you don't get your way. Then whatever issue you're talking about becomes factionalized, because you have the two sides, me, who you already know how I feel about you, and everybody else who just thinks you're OK / nice or whatever. You create a schism wherever you go is basically what I'm saying.

So no, I don't buy this whole excuse of it's how I am and I'm not changing routine. It's called personal growth, start investing in yourself.

I've seen you when you first come in or around a community for the first time or after a while of absence, and you're tolerable, but then the rest of you starts shining through after a while and you become insufferable. I really haven't seen that much change since you quit posting a while back and when you started again.

You're one of these people who puts up a tough outer shell because you're soft on the inside. That's fine but when your outer shell is basically causing you to be at best annoying, and at most, a pushy ass hole, it's time to re-evaluate that strategy. I get it, if you put your guard down, you leave yourself open and vulnerable, which means you'll likely get hurt. Have you ever heard the saying, "It takes one to know one", yeah well it's probably cliche by now but it's true. I'm like that, a whole lot more in the past than now, because I've realized it's not always a good thing. So I'm telling you, that's the same shit I see in you. But you really do have the final say on who can hurt you, and who you're gonna give up head space to. You don't want to be like you are now, but you don't want to be wide open either, or completely apathetic like audiogame. You want to find a middle ground. somewhere between needing to act like a blowhard and leaving your guard down. To a point, you'll always kinda have this out there personality, and that's fine. But you really do need to tamp down some of the more eccentric bits.

You can be yourself, and you should b yourself without feeling like you have to act like a hard ass all the time. It's also OK to have a softer side as a man. When you've seen men who repress their feelings for such a long time, you will start to notice certain things about them, and you don't want to be like that. It's OK to cry or want to cry, it doesn't make you weak. Fuck all that kind of thinking is what I'm saying.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-11-09 01:35:06

@28 Agreed, I don't mind it if no harm is being done. Two great examples of fun to watch stuff included Wrastley and the Super Liam 2 alpha. But if there's destructive stuff going on, then that's bad.

Thumbs up

2019-11-09 05:17:24

I've been avoiding this topic, but wow Ironcross. I sure hope I don't have to point it out, but I think this is the pot calling the kettle black. Also, aren't these direct personal comments about a forum user against the community clauses? You're deliberately inflaming and baiting, especially when you have no grounds to, Mr. I'm sorry I just called you a fagget but it's OK because I was just typing it really fast and wasn't really thinking about it anyway... Oh sorry I shot your grandmother. I was kind of just spraying bullets at random and wasn't even thinking about it anyway. We're still cool, right?

Kai

Spill chuck you spots!

Thumbs up

2019-11-09 05:42:21

Alright, you've forced my hand.

ironcross32 wrote:

@26 I'm sorry but that post was BS on so many levels. First of all, a leadership personality? I think not. More of a I'm gonna be pushy and insert myself into places where I'm not wanted, then get hurt when people don't' agree with me or say things I don't like personality. I'm sorry bro, but you're annoying, and I'm sure I'm not the only one to say that.

You are a very tiny minority. The people who think I’m annoying make up about 2/20 of the people I know, and I know way more than 20 people. What makes you think I’m going to listen to you of all people for advice on my personality?

ironcross32 wrote:

Then you wanna be like I'm sorry it's just how I am, deal with it. Umm, no? Will that excuse fly if the person is a rapist, child molester, serial killer, etc. No it won't, so it doesn't fly for you either. You reap what you sew, and if your seeds are those of an annoying, slightly egotistical pushy person, you're gonna get backlash.

Great, now you’re comparing me to a rapist. Thank you for teaching me that your opinions aren’t worth anything, but I knew that already. Congratulations on invalidating yourself even more.

ironcross32 wrote:

Then you want to run and cry to people when you don't get your way - I'm specifically talking about off-forum matters, yeah, again... no. Everywhere you go and everything you do sets off this chain reaction because you just can't stand when you don't get your way.

Where’s your evidence then? This is a prime example of the pot calling the kettle black.

ironcross32 wrote:

Then whatever issue you're talking about becomes factionalized, because you have the two sides, me, who you already know how I feel about you, and everybody else who just thinks you're OK / nice or whatever. You create a schism wherever you go is basically what I'm saying.

Like I said, you’re an extremely tiny minority, that’s why I faction you off. I’ve had friends tell me I’m annoying, but they don’t make me look nearly as bad as you do. Even Ethin - who I used to butt heads with all the time and still do on occasion - has been taking my side a lot more lately. At least when Ethin had his worst moments he brought logic into the problem. You’re just a jerk for the sake of being a jerk. You’re a troll who likes to get reactions from people, then you try to justify yourself when you’re inevitably called out for your shitty actions, which is something I saw way too often a few years ago and as far as I can tell that’s barely changed if it even has changed at all. I’ve tried to avoid you over the years, but you always find some way of making my life a living hell. If I block you on Twitter, you’ll just come on the forum and talk shit about me, and I can’t block people on this forum or delete their posts in my threads, which I freely admit I would have done with you many times over for the shit you say to me. I guess now the only way for me to truly avoid you is to leave this forum which I don’t want to do. That is pretty sad by the way, the fact that you stress people out so much that they want to up and leave. I’ve seen that happened with a forum member or two before, so apparently I’m not the only one who’s getting sick of you. Stop antagonizing me, stop making me look bad and intentionally trying to piss me off then trying to justify your actions, and leave me the hell alone. Mods, I’m really sorry if this post breaks any rules, but now you guys see the monster I become when people have pushed me too far and I can’t handle it anymore. I’ve tried staying calm and collected, but with ironcross that’s wishful thinking. There comes a point when someone has pissed you off long enough and you inevitably go over the edge and can no longer maintain your composure, and he has successfully crossed that line.

TWITCH

2019-11-09 06:47:39

@31 precisely my point, I had to deal with the backlash after that incident, just like he'll have to deal with it when he does his shit. Now, jump on that high horse you're so fond of and ride your sanctimonious ass back to hell where you came from, thanks bye bye.

@32 If I've made your life a living hell, obviously what I say does matter, which again, is a point I've tried to make.

End racism
End division
Become united

2019-11-09 07:06:09

Nah man, you make my life a living hell because you won't get out of it. You're a fine one to be telling that guy to get off his high horse when you've been on yours for so long that you don't know what it's like to have your feet on the ground. Doesn't matter though, because when I inevitably move to a place where I can socialize with people I won't need this forum to talk to people anymore and I'll be able to avoid you indefinitely, which is something I've been trying to do ever since we crossed paths. I don't need you, and I don't need the stress that comes with dealing with you.

TWITCH

2019-11-09 08:37:46

Quick note on character assasination.
A comment like.
Xoren. Every post you write annoys me.
is not character assasination.
However, a comment like.
Xoren. You steal money from everyone and use it to buy dirty magazines.
is character assasination. I am making an unsubstantiated claim without any evidence. The first comment though it isn't exactly nice, is an opinion.
there have been some comments in this thread that are starting to walk a fine line. We are watching.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2019-11-09 09:41:00 (edited by Ethin 2019-11-09 09:50:00)

All I'mgoing to say is that I agree with Xoren and Dan_Gero on this matter. Its too late for me to get into an argument with anyone right now.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

Thumbs up

2019-11-09 09:55:39 (edited by Zarvox 2019-11-09 09:59:00)

iron cross is looking for a reaction. It's hard dan_gero, but when you see the name iron cross you have to scroll past. You can't let the temptation get you. And for you iron cross I see the points you are trying to make. They make sense. But you are the last person he is going to listen to, whether he is blocking you out from anger or because you have gotten on his bad side. Well it's both. Your advice is lost to him at this point. I've seen the good and bad in both of you. Don't mix those personalities in posts. No matter how good your post is, malice or insults can destroy it. And sometimes, no matter how much good you try to put in a post to repair the malice or insults in a post, it will not fix it. First impressions will happen. A first read through is most often all you get from users, since they have lots of other posts to read. Your post better be damn good and understandable to get a second read through.

2019-11-09 14:04:08

It's kind of hard when you made a post trying to help the community, and this one guy in your thread is trying to make you feel like total dog shit for doing what you feel is right and trying your best to help out your fellow forumites wherever you can. I'll keep your point in mind though. From now on, if I see his name in the post heading, I will skip right over it like it was never there and move right to the next heading. Thank you for the advice.

TWITCH

2019-11-09 16:33:55

I do not believe you possess the self control needed to follow through with that. Also, I love how you make this all about me like I've been this stalker following you everywhere you go. Like, we may have crossed paths maybe 5 times or so? I also would likewise rather not have anything to do with you as well.

End racism
End division
Become united

2019-11-09 20:23:33

Hi.

At Ironcross i think noone needs to tell you that comparing Dan_gero to a child rapist or murderer are way overkill and that comparisons like these don't help the situation at all.
You are in fact the tiny but loud mouthed minority who says something against how Dan_gero behaves on the forum, I haven't seen another person attacking him for his posts, you are in fact the first one doing so I see here.
If not, provide me the evidence please?
And no, calling him out anoying out of the forum is no peace of evidence, off the forum is one thing, what counts is what happened on the forum.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

Thumbs up

2019-11-09 20:53:14

@Dannyboy, I'm gonna copy Ironcross' post for you in case you actually had the willpower to skip over it:

ironcross32 wrote:

I do not believe you possess the self control needed to follow through with that. Also, I love how you make this all about me like I've been this stalker following you everywhere you go. Like, we may have crossed paths maybe 5 times or so? I also would likewise rather not have anything to do with you as well.

Also, Simba, Jimmy has spoken up against him and I also do heavily agree with what Ironcross said.
Maybe comparing him to a rapist is a bit much, but I don't think that was the real goal.

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

Thumbs up

2019-11-09 20:58:37

Jesus forking Christ! Is this a "Who can be a bigger dick" contest? @redfox, if Dan was indeed trying to skip and ignore Ironcross' posts, deliberately copying his message into your own post is both spam and disrespectful on an entirely unnecessary level.
I myself don't understand why the mods have been letting Ironcross get away with all these personal attacks and inflamation given his history, but hey, I'm not the captain of this ship.

Kai

Spill chuck you spots!

Thumbs up

2019-11-09 21:23:38

@42, I see what you did there.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

Thumbs up

2019-11-09 21:44:34

Thanks Redfox for letting me know who else I should skip over. In case you haven’t realized, I just skiped your post too. I’m trying to not read his posts, so if anyone else tries to continue to force me to read them I’m just going to ignore you too.

TWITCH

2019-11-09 21:45:08

Moderation:

Ironcross, I understand the thrust of what you're getting at. You're absolutely right about who you'll give headspace to, letting people get under your skin, etc.
The problem is that you're...ahem, part of the problem. You start by spraying bullets, as Kai put it, then trying to talk sense. Trust me, it doesn't work. And I'd know. I've done it a time or three.
I'm issuing a caution here. Watch it. The whole bit where you're essentially comparing him to rapists/murderers/whatever is sensationalizing and inflammatory and absolutely does not need to happen. Indict his character all you want, if that's your thing, but do it cogently and with at least a modicum of respect. You didn't really do that. The only reason you aren't getting a warning from me right now is because you appear to have taken your own advice and largely backed off.

DanGero, please remember that no matter how much other people upset you, you are always responsible for your own actions, at least to some extent. The whole "he made me do it" really only works in certain specific cases of long-time abuse, usually physical in nature (but not always), and I'm pretty confident that's not happening here. Your best course is what you said already, to just ignore the guy. If he gets too aggressive, he'll be dealt with. Likewise, if you fire back too aggressively, then we'll step in there, too.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

Thumbs up +1

2019-11-09 22:15:59

I'd suggest everyone copy my posts so he has to skip over everyone, but ehh, one of me is probably too much as it is.

So what I was trying to do is not necessarily come out and say he's a rapist or murderer, and I don't know how I could have phrased it any differently. I was just trying to say that BS excuses don't fly with those types of people, so why let it fly with anyone else.

End racism
End division
Become united

2019-11-09 23:09:33

@42, yep, this has defnitely turned into a "my dick is bigger than yours" contest. Definitely not joining in, for sure.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

Thumbs up

2019-11-10 01:57:57

This topic has more character assassination than...
The original topic in question.

Gotta love irony

2019-11-10 02:00:25

Yeah. I noticed that too.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2019-11-10 02:02:30

Em DoubleU ha ha this is amusing.

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

Thumbs up