2019-11-01 01:49:23

Hey everyone.

So, although they are a bit older, I grabbed shank 1 and 2 off steam because they are quite low priced and they seam to be a fun experience.

I heard that they are accessbile, but I was wondering about something.

did anyone of you complete one or even both of the games and if so, how much sighted help did you guys need.

In case you get stuck in a level, is there something like a guide available telling you what to do in case running around and slaughtering enemys doesn't work.

i only played the first level or so of the game and died quite a lot of times, so, maybe you guys have a tips for the shank games.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2019-11-01 02:21:44

I managed to complete the first game completely without help, there are a few tricky parts though. There actually is a guide somewhere, but I no longer remember where it is. Try googling. As for 2, not sure. I have it, haven't played it yet.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2019-11-01 08:08:41

Shank 1 is definitely doable independently. You will die a lot, but there isn't much penalty for dying, so it's not a big deal. Shank 2 is harder to do as the levels are more dynamic, and certain levels are much harder, but you should still be able to get through it with persistence and perseverance.

2019-11-01 09:57:42

Oh boy!
I love Shank1! I will be of help if need arises, the game is totally playable. I also completed Shank2, but I didnt like it as much.
The problem with the Steam version of Shank1 is that:
A: it is censored
B: it has some weird controls... I recommend grabbing you another version, especially if you have the game purchased.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2019-11-03 19:30:10

Hi.

At nuno umm sorry, but I'm not paying for the game again, why would they change the controls for the steam version anyway? Seams quite strange to me.

Greetings Moritz.

2019-11-04 03:25:21

You can get the uncensored version via opt in beta.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2019-11-08 22:05:06

Hi.

Ok, I'm a little stuck in the first part.

I'm in level 3, where you are fighting upon a train. I defeated some bad guys and dogs but I'm at a part where there is some climbing section on the right where I can't get past.
Shank seams to climb up the rope, but can't continue on. I can't go back either and there are no other enemys left.

Any ideas what I need to do? I tryed jumping all over the place, with no result how i can continue the level.

Greetings Moritz.

2019-11-08 23:34:40

hello
can someone give me a full list of keyboard buttons for both two games?

let's rock!

2019-11-09 00:28:04

hello
and i have a problem: i think that i on level 1, and now i in the area where when i trying to go to the rite and i'm dieing
how i can past this place? and what i can do by pressing r1, r2 and l2 on the dual shock?

let's rock!

2019-11-09 00:42:12

Hi.

L1 throws grenades.
l2 blocks and rols.
r1 does that target jump.
R2, no idea.

Well, in level one it's just killing enemys and jumping over a hole ones, you get it down pritty quick though.

Greetings Moritz.

2019-11-09 00:57:30

hello
thanks for key explaning
but how i can defeet the butcher? i just can't understand how to avoid his atacks

let's rock!

2019-11-09 01:07:32

Well, run or jump away when he growls, hit him and as soon as you hear him growl in pain, jump on him and hit him with the chainsaw.

greetings Moritz.

2019-11-09 15:29:10

hello
can someone give me a menu guide for shank 1? and explane how to load the saved game?

let's rock!

2021-02-16 11:44:57

hey guys, sorry to bring this topic back up. I just  recently got shank 1, the question is, how do you do the wall jump/run on the first level? I also got shank 2 but stuck on the part where there is a machine on the middle and this big guy all around with that annoying, hee, hee, hee, hee. tongue

2021-02-16 11:49:49

Do you have the steam versioin of Shank 1? If no you just get hold of the wall and walk up till the panning changes, then jump right

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2021-02-16 15:18:45 (edited by JasonBlaze 2021-02-16 15:19:17)

yes I do, this is the steam version smile

2021-02-17 09:09:18

Hi.
Have someone written a guide for completing level 6 in Shank 1? I had to get sighted help to complete that level. I might pick up the game again in the future.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen