2019-11-06 17:24:19

WE are doing a Manamon 2 live stream this Saturday the 9th at 4:30pm EST on BSG. ?We'll be giving away a copy of Manamon during the stream.
The giveaway will be based around Twitter with a click to tweet. You just share the stream and you are entered into the giveaway. A winner will be drawn at the end of the stream.
I'll be the one streaming, Hannibal or Pyro may be around as well. If you haven't tuned into a BSG stream, we are very much not family friendly. If that sort of content isn't your thing then you can check out the second Manamon 2 Giveaway.

A couple days after the stream there will be a second giveaway on the BSG blog when the Manamon 2 Review is posted. Again this will bee twitter based where you can share the review which will also enter you into the drawing. This one will run for about a week.

You can check out the BSG Live player page with the current eastern time at http://bsgl.ink/live
follow @bsg_blog on Twitter to know when the review is posted.

PS: there will be a Sequence Storm stream this month with a giveaway of that game as well. There is also a high probibility of more game giveaways to come in December.

2019-11-08 19:30:00

When I share the stream on Twitter, do I have to mention anyone?

2019-11-08 21:33:35

I'm not sure how does being harsh and swearing all over, benefit you in any way, and you are just unable to do a family friendly stream. I'm sorry, but as far as I know, you are above 40, you should be a trustworthy and serious adult. However, that doesn't mean you couldn't have fun or anything, but I'm pretty sure you are aware of that this community contains many underages as well.

2019-11-08 21:48:50

Will you be streaming a full play through over a period of time?

Official server host for vgstorm.com and developer of the Manamon 2 netplay server.
PSA: sending unsolicited PMs or emails to people you don't know asking them to buy you stuff is disrespectful. You'll just be ignored, so don't waste your time.

2019-11-08 21:58:41 (edited by jack 2019-11-08 22:04:27)

Moonwalker wrote:

but I'm pretty sure you are aware of that this community contains many underages as well.

As if people under 13 should even be on open forums anyway? I admit I never saw it that way when I was younger, but there really is no language regulation on the forum anyway, so I don't see where your family friendly argument falls into play on that front. Not to mention the fact that while it's not technically possible to enforce this, Childrens Online Privacy Act here in the U.S. makes it illegal for any site to endorse or allow people under 13 from being on the site.
At any rate, your accusation of lack of family friendly content is misguided. That logic implies that all the *games* would be family-friendly, of which a lot aren't. Would it make sense in the mainstream world to have a  family friendly stream of Call of Duty for example?
There's a reason for an esrb rating system for mainstream games. There's a reason that we have a free and open internet, because we trust that people will make good judgement as to what to allow kids to watch, just as you would use the pg/pg13/rated r on your tv guide. No one's saying you must watch the stream, so if it's not your thing then that's totally fine. Don't ruin it for people who like the stuff, not everything has to be a Disney Channel. And you need not even watch the stream to participate in one of these giveaways. So yeah, I'd say that was pretty unwarranted.

2019-11-08 22:11:21 (edited by jack 2019-11-08 22:11:48)

@trajectory: Looks like they'll be starting off from where the demo left off. They will have obtained our third stadium key already.

2019-11-08 22:13:43

No, full playthrough straight through. Bring on the mountain Dew and coffee.

I'm joking, please don't believe me.

Also I don't get where this family friendly stuff is coming from. It's trusted everyone on this forum is 13 years old and older. As well, as the prior post mentioned, this is an open internet where most legal content is put in in some way or form. We rather not restrict the creativity of a content creator in any way, but appreciate if the person gives warning on their content (which the poster did put up).

If you can't watch this stream, doesn't Liam still have one going for the giveaway at December 1?

The answer to your question is forum.audiogames.net/search

2019-11-08 22:35:34 (edited by jack 2019-11-09 18:46:48)

Yes, it's a marathon, which if like previous marathons, will have its length determined by the Patreon totals. On Youtube there are filters that block out most curse words from comments so that nothing can get into those streams, even if the games themselves may have some *mild* language in them.

2019-11-08 22:56:02

@5, underages are people under 18.

2019-11-08 22:59:45 (edited by jack 2019-11-09 00:03:04)

@Moonwalker Yes and no. Technically that's *adult content* r/x-rated content, which swearing or maybe even some inuendoes don't fall under. Plus it comes down to maturity. If you're a person that understands time and place and are presumably over 13, then have at it. But If not, it's simple just don't watch it.
Needless to say you're not the PMRC so you're not really in a position to police his content or smear campaign against it.
Plus, do you really think everyone is going to toe the line as to what content is and isn't appropriate for their age? Have you seen some of the cringe-worthy stuff kids post on mainstream social media today?
Again I feel it all comes down to one's own judgement and maturity level, but what you don't need to do is get in the way of people having a good time in ways that they want to, after all it isn't like they have overtly attacked anyone or thing in which case appropriate reaction would be warranted.

2019-11-08 23:14:50

I'm going to have to agree with Jack on this one. If it offends you that much, don't watch it. Plain and simple. For me, it's fine. I don't say any of the words they use, but the words they say really don't bother me. I've heard worse words than the F word and s**t

2019-11-09 03:46:29

Everyone thinks I'm so old. I'm no where near 40 lol. But at least that's better than the normal 50+ people go with.

As for family friendly...some streams like Liam's are, but we aren't. We do what we would enjoy. Like I said if you don't want to listen to the stream then there will be a second giveaway with the review. It's perfectly fine with me if you don't listen. We aren't going to change, and it is okay if people don't like it. I feel the same way about clean material, but it is all just personal preferences.

The link will have the tweet filled in already. You just send that tweet out and all will be good. You'll be entered and I'll draw the winner at the end of the stream. I'm planning on an hour and a half or two hours.

If people like the stream who knows, I might do a weekly mid week series playing through the game.

Also with an entire bsg playthrough or guide, if I do it down the road it will be edited and made easier to digest for people who would need help. It would follow along the BK3 format. That is a huge investment of time and I'm not sure if I'll do it though. No one here specifically asked, but I have had a few people reach out to me already and figured I'd just toss that in.

2019-11-09 04:24:17

@12 Ok thank you. I'll have to make sure I actually show up

2019-11-09 10:58:04

moonwalker, what's up with the constant criticism? Why do you have to tare into everything you see? That's very counterproductive and quite annoying if I'm being honest.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2019-11-09 11:51:45

@Moonwalker, Family friendly? Do you know that people under age 18 also sware curse words. I am around the age of 15 and I have heard many such words. It all depends on your thinking.
As someone earlier said, if you can't handle hearing such words then don't watch the stream. I, too have heard sware words but I don't get much affected by it. I might hear them but I don't use them myself.
It's been proved again and again that maturity level doesn't depend on age but on your thinking.
If the person wanted he wouldn't have even worned but he did and has also provided an alternate source for those who would like to use that. So I see no point in talking about family friendly things. There are many things in the internet that aren't and you can't do anything about it.
Anyways, I think I  might check that second option out as the timings of EST and IST are not very close. Hmm... I think I spke enough.

I am not someone who is ashamed of my past. I'm actually really proud. I know I made a lot of mistakes, but they, in turn, were my life lessons. Drew Barrymore
Follow me on Twitter, Discord and Instagram

2019-11-09 12:30:25

It doesn't bother me, but maybe it bothers other people. I'm used to hearing swear words since Hungary isn't a place where these words are forgotten lol and what the, everyone told me you are above 40. big_smile

2019-11-09 18:12:28

@Moonwalker I see your point, but in that case those who are bothered by it can just as easily take the second option. Quite frankly I don't see many of those actual people coming out and objecting to the content yet, so for now I don't see a problem.

2019-11-09 21:48:45

@3, what's the matter, people stopped taking you seriously every time you raised hell about the administration on here, so you decided to set your sights on a new target? Enough already, I think I speak for the majority of forum members when I say your constant need to criticize everyone and everything is much more offensive than the things that are said on a BSG stream.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2019-11-09 22:28:46

So it's forbidden to tell an opinion if it's not positive? Just had enough now.

2019-11-09 22:36:42

Hi i have question just to clarify do I need to send tweet to friends or just publicly share this tweet? Sory for asking this but i'm quite rare on twitter

2019-11-09 22:55:06 (edited by jack 2019-11-09 22:59:09)

@Karlitos:
Not a problem. If in any doubt, use the link on the stream page as it will prefill the tweet for you. For reference, though, you are sending a tweet publicly, not direct messaging it to your friends as sharing a tweet really is.

Moonwalker wrote:

So it's forbidden to tell an opinion if it's not positive? Just had enough now.

I don't think anyone said that, so let's look at post 3 to confirm you did a little more than that.

Moonwalker wrote:

I'm not sure how does being harsh and swearing all over, benefit you in any way, and you are just unable to do a family friendly stream.

Ok, a bit edgy, but so far that's not quite teling an independent content creator what they should and shouldn't do. But it doesn't stop there.

Moonwalker wrote:

I'm sorry, but as far as I know, you are above 40, you should be a trustworthy and serious adult. However, that doesn't mean you couldn't have fun or anything, but I'm pretty sure you are aware of that this community contains many underages as well.

Not only are you tryying to talk them into changing the way they do content that has worked for them thus far, but you are forgetting what a disclaimer is for. Most disclaimers say that the creator cannot be held responsible for the content falling into the wrong hands, i.e, it's not their problem if kids are listening and end up learning some, words, that they don't know when to and when not to use. AFterall,

SmokeJ wrote:

If you haven't tuned into a BSG stream, we are very much not family friendly.

There's your disclaimer right here on the thread. If someone gets a hold of the stream, it's not BSG's fault, it falls on the kids parents for letting them rome free on the internet unsupervised at too young an age.
Bottom line, you have a right to express an opinion, but as long as no true harm is done, you aren't in a position to tell a streamer what to do and what not to do. BSG does not have to bend over backwards and cater to all ages if they don't want to, and it is within their rights on a free and open internet. Trust me, the sentiment you are expressing has extended into the legal system of some dictatorships and it is not pretty, believe me.

2019-11-09 23:00:10

@ 21 thanks for your help

2019-11-09 23:37:12 (edited by jack 2019-11-09 23:38:24)

Stream is live, so go tune in!

2019-11-10 09:30:26

wow!
I did not win but I ceriously enjoyed the stream.
this is exactly my type of content.

allow me to speak more,
catch me on Twitter
or, Mastodon

2019-11-10 12:08:59

Hi,
I don't want to Sound harsh or anything, but why the heck do the stream archives become Patreon only after a time?
This is a slap in the face for everyone who can't tune in to the streams for one reason or the other and can't or doesn't want to become a Patron, but wants to listen to the archives anyway (also after to older ones).

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW