2019-11-03 07:41:58

hi,
This will be a guide on how to use facebook with the NVDA screen reader.

before we begin
  • have the latest version of the NVDA screen reader.

• Make sure you have the latest version of chrome and windows

• Make sure you already have an account with facebook. This tutorial will not walk you through how to create an account. It is simple. just go to facebook's site and follow the instructions there.

definition of concepts
  • profile: this refers to your personal profile. It is different from a page. a profile is private.

• page: It is a public page. An example of this is a facebook page for a band. It is public.

• ALT text: It is the automatically generated text that describes images.

getting started.

Lets get started with using facebook. Firstly, with your new account you already have the profile. You can easily start posting and finding your friends on facebook. To create a page there is a create a page button at the bottom of the page.

posting

To create a new post do the following:

1. go to facebook.com

2. login

3. press E 2 times.

NVDA should say something about creating a post. Now you can use the buttons below the edit box to add photos, tag people or share how you are feeling.
note, before the post button there is a menu saying post to. these are pretty self Explanatory. post to friends means that only your friends will see it. post to anyone means that anyone can see your post, even though they are not your friends. and post to only me means... guess what... only you!

keyboard shortcuts

Note, I will not list them here in this post as it is going to take all day. just read this article .

navigation

Navigate by heading. That is the easyest way to navigate facebook.

images

Facebook uses AI to generate ALT text for images. Navigate by Graphic to hear these descriptions.

questions?

Post them below and I will try to answer them.

thank you for reading the tutorial.
Have an awesome day!
---------

If you found this post helpful, amusing or funny, please thumb it up!
To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.

2019-11-03 08:07:47

If you post something puvlic, must the person wanting to read it visit my page or does a notification that someone they don't even know posted something publicly appear on their screen?

2019-11-03 08:16:10

@2 they would have to visit your page or profile. If they liked your page that means they will see it in their news feed.

If you found this post helpful, amusing or funny, please thumb it up!
To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.