2019-11-02 22:18:24

I am in a icy place and what I got is it that end and so what should I do or where I go?

2019-11-02 22:20:08

I asked a while back if there were any sort of obvious leaders for each type this time around. For the sake of comparison, examples from manamon 1 would be things like fiendour being a clear winner among the undead types. Martiagle would be a clear favorite among the air types. For me at least, eksponge is the clear winner of the water types. Leonatar is probably the best of the earth types, guerrerrol of plant types and so on. While things like myaneko, snowmonno, sluggugg, simulon and viralite are just cannon fodder. Pick a team from among the favorites and you've got a relatively easy game in front of you. Pick from among the duds and you'll come to wonder why you even bother, and you'll more than likely give up in short order. I'm trying to make my first playthrough of this game a little smoother than my first playthrough of manamon 1 was.

2019-11-02 22:27:06

Yeah, you are literally directed by the plot to go to brightenberg east later. Don't worry about it yet.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2019-11-02 22:32:34

No PM

Add me on Skype, search for The Evil Chocolate Cookie

2019-11-02 22:34:05

Well, I was directed by the plot to go there. The Eshconites were off to see him there, the NPC who's blocking the area says he's there, the plot said I should fly back to Brightenburg and go see what's up. It doesn't work. Is this a bug or am I missing something silly like it has to be exactly 3:42 a.m. and I have to have a level 33 Pebbledash or something? lol

Also, give us time. The whole "best of" thing took weeks, in some cases months, to figure out.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-11-02 22:42:27

What do I do with the ancient crypt key?

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2019-11-02 22:47:15

I'm probably further along than you are, and I still have no idea where that goes. Haven't seen a whisper of it.

2019-11-02 22:48:48

Well, I didn't want to ruine my experience so I didn't check anything here.

I am at the second stadium and defeated the first tamer. Now I have the situation as follows: Just water at the northern side of the area without anything around. I know someone said there should be any switches but nothing, literaly nothing to interact with but just two NPCs and nothing more.

Any clue what is happening? What did I miss?

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2019-11-02 22:51:12

slight
spoilers

You aren't exploring enough. Do not assume that you have to press north all the time.

Hint: check the west wall. You should find a second boat to travel on. Once you get across there, head south a ways, and you should find a switch. Pay attention to walls, gaps and water.

2019-11-02 22:55:33

after I beat the second stadium what should I do

2019-11-02 22:55:58

So does anyone have some good tips for master dyaz? Like have some revives on you, some level recommendations, or something of that nature? Is his battle scaled? I am not sure.

-
"There is beauty in simplicity."

2019-11-02 22:56:03 (edited by Aaron Baker 2019-11-02 22:57:30)

@jayde what you want is in Brytanburg West. You are only slightly jumping the gun on the eastern section though.
@audiogame, what are your levels? No scaling in required parts of Manamon 2.

2019-11-02 22:58:50

Oh I thought I needed it to proceed after the second stadium.l Where do I go after the peninsula?

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube

2019-11-02 23:03:06

Righty.
Levels are as follow.
So, I've been using my starter, Greniverb, for most things, so he's level 28.
I'm using the following other things.
Marlaunt l 19
Gargarram l 19
Torchin l 18
Thornub l 18
And swinguin l18.

-

2019-11-02 23:03:30

@lord london, go to the captain's house and talk to the captain.

-

2019-11-02 23:05:08

@67, I'd try to get your other guys up to at least level 22 or so if you can. More importantly, you need to know how to damage that boss and try to keep at least two Manamon alive at all times.

2019-11-02 23:06:15

Captain? I'm so confused. I'm guessing this is in the peninsula. Fuck can't wait for the pocket copter.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube

2019-11-02 23:08:12

Its southwest of the stadium I believe. Its near the southwest edge of the map.

-

2019-11-02 23:58:13

I wonder if there are gender related transformations *leonra, I'm looking at you*
Also in manamon 1 teddiburn sayd something about female being the most fierce.
I've finished the demo and I feel like there is a lot more ahead, loving it so far.

2019-11-03 00:02:57

Hi.
Spoilers.
Where are the girl's coins? I found one at the hotel, one at the market, one in the city, two in the power plant, and one in the house where you enter the city. As far I know, there are another, apart from the tree.
End spoilers

2019-11-03 00:27:45

Okay, cool beans. I'm considerably further in the game now, but I've just found a new boss.

spoilers
beyond

Holy hell. This desert dragon and quake machine combo is mean. Are we seriously expected to just wait upwards of 50-100 turns while the quake machine slowly, slowly, slowly earthquakes the dragon to death while it tunnels? Because without the ability to buy revives, and with revives being like 4k gold anyway even if you could buy them, this is kind of asking a lot. All my attacks do 0 damage to both targets, so I am kind of stumped.
Love the mechanics of the desert though.

Update: I beat that combo fight. It's not nearly as hard as I made it sound. lol

fairly
big
spoilers
beyond

I just witnessed a scene, complete with really epically sad music, that legitimately made me turn the game off because I needed to get my emotions under control. Once again, I think the writing could've made this even more than it was - the grammar, the adjectives and adverbs, they do get in the way a bit - but I'm really appreciating this game's story a whole hell of a lot more. My only gripe - not with this scene, but with the story in general - is that there are places where the story does feel a bit aimless. You don't necessarily know where you're going or who to talk to, because the game says "I should go to this place", and when you go there, nothing happens. Brightenburg East, I'm looking at you here.

I've also found the ancient crypt, for what it's worth.

2019-11-03 02:10:40

Spoilers:

I've gotten to Brightenburg, and so far I've got to say that the diversity and usefulness of what's available seems to be much improved from the original. Based on what my current team has learned and what I've seen being used from feral and tamer Manamon, a lot more Manamon have access to decent moves. And don't let the phrase "A couple of the new moves" in Aaron's description of updates to older Manamon fool you, I've seen quite a few new moves used by older critters. This unfortunately didn't include the Friggle that was fighting my Air type, but oh well.

I particularly like some of the new effects. For example, my Colovaird (Doving transformation) got a move called Dive Bomb. 55 power, 100% accurate Air move that doubles in power if holding a piece of equipment that raises speed. Suddenly the Speed Anklet is more useful. Here's a level 30 with 107 speed and a fully accurate 110 power Air move that gets same type bonus. It freaking wrecks. Good luck surviving to take advantage of my lower defenses.

Here's my team right now:
L30 Ribignis (second stage of flame starter). He's quick, with decent attacking stats. He's got Manatize (both magic stats up by 1) for powering up, with Broil and Fire Breath for Flame moves. That's pretty nice because Broil does good damage if he's healthy, and his ability makes Fire Breath hurt more when he's not. He can also make it sunny and has standard coverage.
L30 Normammal (transformation of Impanzee). She's got 2 types and strong coverage for both. Her move Shell Break is 40 power standard and lowers the foe's defense, much like Rock Smash. She had Speed Kick and now has Power Punch, Charge Tackle, and recently she got Counter Strike, which is insanely strong when you can use it. Her stats don't stand out yet, but her useful moves have made up for it so far
L30 Colovaird. Already documented her main trick, but she's also got Wing Slash which she had before Dive Bomb. Good attack and speed.
L21 Leafowl. Still figuring out what's what with him, but he has Plummet which is a bit like Volume Level I think. Levelup Herbs tell me Solar Conversion is coming soon.
L20 Hipplish. He's got a neat ability that lowers the opponent's speed when he comes in, so he's effectively faster than he looks. Has decent Water, Earth and Standard coverage and can make it rain.
L20 Ghoulad. Think we're pretty familiar with this one. I wanted one old face on my team and the stat checker told me this one was pretty good, and I wanted something that can take some hits.

Currently grinding these last three a bit. I found a couple of side areas to explore before taking on the third stadium, so they're getting experience there.

2019-11-03 02:46:20

Spoilers
Does someone knows if there is something to do with the hidrobird in the peninsule?

2019-11-03 03:00:39

that hydrobird keep fliing away from me. its funny
also, I cant, for the life of me, get on the boat in the second stadium
can someone please help?

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2019-11-03 03:58:16

Has anybody given the online trade or battle services a spin? What has been your impression of them?

Official server host for vgstorm.com and developer of the Manamon 2 netplay server.
PSA: sending unsolicited PMs or emails to people you don't know asking them to buy you stuff is disrespectful. You'll just be ignored, so don't waste your time.