2019-11-01 21:22:34

Manamon is back and ready to take you on a brand new adventure!

Manamon, released in July of 2016, was an innovative fully featured roleplaying game for the blind. It featured over 150 collectable creatures, and over 200 different skills for these creatures to use in combat.
Now, after 3 and a half years of silence, I would like to introduce you to Manamon 2: The Eternal Requiem. It features over 140 new creatures to tame and collect, and over 150 new skills for these creatures. All the old creatures have been slightly updated to conform to the new experience, including slight stat boosts and a couple of the new moves!
Manamon 2 does not assume you have played the first game, and offers a basic tutorial to assist new players with the unique map navigation system.

Storyline
In the world of Manamon, children between the ages of 10 and 14 embark on a journey to challenge the 7 stadium leaders in their country. Once those stadium keys are collected, the challenger may proceed to challenge the Master's Stadium with the goal of becoming the Manamon Master.
Though most start their journey right away at age 10, you were regretably unable to start your journey, but now, some years later, it is finally time!
You will travel across the vast drought ravaged country of Kiarre, collecting the 7 stadium keys in order to become the master!
But wait! Who is this strange man calling himself Eshcon? Could he be the one to save Kiarre from its years long drought? What are these strange creatures called Hyper forms?
As you travel, you will meet many new and interesting characters and quickly find yourself in the middle of a saga that goes far beyond merely collecting stadium keys.

Manamon 2's storyline is not exactly a sequel storyline, though it does contain sequel elements. You can play Manamon and Manamon 2 in any order, though, with each shedding light on the other. Manamon 2 takes place around 3 years after the original game. Any relevant events from the first Manamon game are explained as if you are unfamiliar with them.

Features

149 new Manamon creatures, for a total of 307 Manamon.
About 400 attacks these manamon can learn.
A brand new country with tons of all new areas to explore.
The complex turn based battle system from Manamon 1 makes a return.
A unique system of straight forward navigation which was first introduced in the game Paladin of the Sky.
Over 140 pieces of equipment you can give your Manamon to make them stronger.
Over 100 different special abilities, and every single manamon has one creating even more unpredictable and diverse battles.
Creative sound design making all of the cities, caves, and battles come alive.
An online system which will allow you to battle and trade with your friends without needing to exchange IP addresses or forward ports!
An online battle recorder which allows you to relive noteworthy battles.
A few postgame surprises, including the ability to rebattle all the stadium leaders.
Self voicing using SAPI 5 compatible voices.
An improved sapi mode that makes sluggish voices much more usable.
Though not recommended, players requiring NVDA support can enable it.
Slight changes to the type effectiveness chart and to some Manamon 1 attacks for greater balance.
After completing the game, you can bring over your Manamon 1 friends to your Manamon 2 game!
And much, much more for you to discover!

Demo limitations

Manamon 2, like its predecessor, is shareware, and can be picked up for $39.95 on the vgstorm website, see below.
The game does, however, offer an expansive demo mode that will allow you to get a feel for the game. You will be able to reach the third stadium for free.
The game will not allow you to use any of the online features, however, until you've purchased the full version. You are also unable to use the Pocket Copter item to visit previous areas in the game.
Apart from these limitations, the game's entire feature set up to the third stadium is available.

Getting the Game

You can download Manamon 2: the Eternal Requiem here
http://www.vgstorm.com/manamon2/manamon2_installer.exe
You can buy the game for $39.95 USD here
http://www.vgstorm.com/order.php

Whether you are an experienced tamer with your Manamon 1 journey behind you, or a brand new player ready to experience the world of Manamon for the first time, I hope you enjoy Manamon 2: the Eternal Requiem!

2019-11-01 21:28:26

As one of the beta team, I sinserely hope you all enjoy this game as much as I have. It's quite a journey to be sure.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2019-11-01 21:28:46

Yayyy

2019-11-01 21:36:28

As a veteran player of the original I can't wait to see what you've done in this one! Downloaded and and will almost certainly be buying unless the demo disappoints me, an event I consider to be unlikely.

2019-11-01 21:41:36

Longtime Manamon player here, pretty chuffed about this. Excited to see where Manamon 2 leads!

2019-11-01 21:44:48

For those who are interested, liam is doing a stream of this over at https://www.youtube.com/user/liamerven/live

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2019-11-01 21:46:12

Also as a member of the beta team I wish to give my most sincere congratulations for a job well done. This has been years in the making. You deserve to be proud.

Official server host for vgstorm.com and developer of the Manamon 2 netplay server.
PSA: sending unsolicited PMs or emails to people you don't know asking them to buy you stuff is disrespectful. You'll just be ignored, so don't waste your time.

2019-11-01 21:46:20

Can sum won buy this for me. Kinda low on money write now.

2019-11-01 21:47:31

I had a heart attack at work. I'm the most excited I've been in years!

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2019-11-01 21:49:15

i hope it's good, i bought it with out trying the demo
probly shouldn't have done that, oops

2019-11-01 21:51:20

Haven't started playing yet (still at work), but think I found an error in the manual.

Under section 6.3 it says:

• O: Check Manamon's Held Item.
• I: Check Manamon's Held Item.
• O: Check if you own or have ever owned this Manamon.

There's 2 O's, and 2 that say they report the held item.

2019-11-01 21:55:51

Man, what timing, Aaron you rock. Will definitely get the game and share my thoughts about it.

2019-11-01 22:08:33

Hello, yes, this is because in Manamon one O was held item and now it is I. Sorry about that, the manually will be updated in the next update! I is held item, O checks ownership!

Best,
Aaron

2019-11-01 22:15:54 (edited by Loxias 2019-11-01 22:16:35)

I kind of figured that might be the case, and I'm sure I would've figured that out in 2 seconds once I actually load it up, but people unfamiliar with the original or who aren't as good at figuring things out might have been confused by that.

2019-11-01 22:16:26

This sounds interesting. Is this another Manamon game with another story and more creatures? It's good that you've finally added a better online system. Do you have plans to port this to the original Manamon? I'm going to check this out right now and will buy it if I like it.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2019-11-01 22:29:32

Hello!

There are no plans currently to update Manamon 1, however that doesn't mean it won't ever happen. There are a couple of complicating factors. Yes, this game has an entirely new story, new Manamon, new attacks, the works!

Best,
Aaron

2019-11-01 22:34:41

Hello.
I'm curious, when updates are released, will we be able to view a changelog?
Excited to see where things lead. I take it navigation is the same as in Manimon 1.0?

Will be buying this when I get a few free moments.

Something something something insert canine related comment here

2019-11-01 22:37:08

I find it interesting that Gen 7 of Pokémon released in 2016 (I think), and Word, and Shield is releasing this year. Hmm...I think I know when the next sequal could drop... the year when Pokémon Generation IX inevitably comes out.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2019-11-01 22:37:09

I will certainly check out the demo, but I’m not sure about the purchase of the game. I think I will wait until we can get more responses from those who make the leap of faith.  I also would like to see how you respond to feedback, as Manamon one was dropped rather quickly.

2019-11-01 22:43:20

I never even finished Manamon 1, but still am very excited to see this. I purchased the first one, so will be purchasing the second one as well. I do wonder how exactly "After completing the game, you can bring over your Manamon 1 friends to your Manamon 2 game" works.

My opinions are my own. I try not to state them as facts and if I'm not sure about something, I do whatever research I can. I feel everyone should consider doing the same.

2019-11-01 22:45:18

Omg! I'd better hope I get a job soon then, so I'll be able to buy this one. Is there going to be manamons only obtainable via online trade? I hate that thing.:(

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2019-11-01 22:51:04

I'm kind of on the fence about buying this game. is the story line gonna be weird like the last one? are things easier to do like sending manamon?

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2019-11-01 22:51:57

agreed with 19 about the lack of receptiveness to feedback after the first month or two, it seems like a running way of operations with this company. As much as I liked the manamon 1 game, it is a bit souring to think of the poor way they treat their customers. Still, playing the demo can't hurt and it might even get me to buy. I bought the first game pretty mucha s an impulse buy and enjoyed playing it but I did feel like it was an overpay, especially seeing how VG just goes dead silent after they've raked in a bunch of money while they just work on their next product to make more. It's a very efficient way of doing business.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2019-11-01 23:05:24

i don't mean to say anything, however i already bought manamon and i feel like me in totaly paying about $80 for manamon one and  two is not something i should have to do. i already bought one, why can't i just use the same key?

2019-11-01 23:11:11

That's a bit much, don't you think? It's one thing to say that about an update to an already existing game... but a whole other thing to say that about a sequel. Would be like me buying Street Fighter IV, then demanding Street Fighter V for free just because I had the last game. AKA it makes you look like kind of a jerk IMO.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.