2019-10-12 09:50:22

@50 try contacting discord support or try messaging discord here

If you found this post helpful, amusing or funny, please thumb it up!
To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.

2019-10-12 10:27:47

Another question, in a voice channel, how do I activate the audio? When i enter a voice channel it doesn’t instantly connected

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2019-10-12 10:29:13

@52 what do you mean? it automatically connects you to the voice chat once you press the voice chat button.

To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.

2019-10-12 15:13:17 (edited by bgt lover 2019-10-12 15:24:24)

@49: since you are working on it, could you explain in the final facebook tutorial little concepts  like personal pages, public posting and alike, because I, for one, couldn't understand what a discord channel is, what to asociate them with.
Doing this would bring a great service to the comunity, though I advice to post this in the articols room.
By the way, the articols room is not only for audiogames, it is for anything that could help this comunity, recomended only for audiogames, but no one forbids you to post other blind related stuff there.

2019-10-12 15:48:46

@54 I will definitly add this. do you mean facebook pages and profiles?

2019-10-12 16:13:36

Yes, as well as other concepts, then the practical part like step by step tutorial on creating an account, using the website as well as as many client apps on computer and phone, posting something, befriending someone, joining a group, generaly, using as much functionality as possible.

2019-10-13 11:38:49

@56 thank you for that. I will definitly add these things.

2019-10-22 14:42:40

Hey to all!
OK, Here comes the stupidest question of the day.
I created an account, logged in and D or shift-d does nothing.
What am i doing wrong?
Is it another key-stroke inother countries or NVDA-Languages?

2019-10-22 18:49:12

@58: what screen are you getting after logging in? Can you describe abit what nvda is able to read while in that window?
@57: what became of it? I am a newbie regarding facebook, though I use skype quite often these days, so I can't wait to see it. No pressure applyed, this is just a little reminder in case you've forgotten and you may be subscribed to this topic.

2019-10-22 19:00:35

Oh oh, thats a little bit tricky and hard to explain. I managed to get over the screen with the not accessible dialog-box.
I got the normal window stuff i guess. But if i try to search something nothing happens when i press enter. And i dont get any results.
Sometimes i have to play arround a little with alt-tab till i get the main window.

2019-10-24 14:41:02

#59 its still in the works. I'm sorry, but school has taken over. smile. rest assured I will put it out there. I just need a little more time as school stuff is happening.

#60, I still don't understand. Are you in the home page of discord where your DMs are?

2019-10-25 12:04:03

At the moment i am having a nother pretty damn problem which realy pisses me on.
I have to do a IP-verification but i receive their Mail after the time has run out.
Thats realy: (Everyone is alowed to put in his or her  own favorite very ugly word here)

2019-10-25 14:18:40

#62 please enable 2 factor verification. you can find more info here.

2019-10-27 05:29:29

UPDATE PLEASE READ:
So in the past day discord has recently released custom status. Please note, the custom status feature is currently not accessible. I will have another update if the accessibility devs fixes this.
Right now we can't do anything about it.
thank you for reading and have an awesome day!

2019-10-29 18:54:31

Hello! I'm having an issue with reading chats. The guide says page up and page down should read them, but it is not. Is there any way to do it without having to arrow up out of the chat box?

thanks,
Michael

2019-10-30 04:25:08

#65, navigate by heading. page up and page down is just for scrolling.

2019-10-30 22:11:18

Aha. Next question then. If you are a server admin, or have permissions how do you move other users?

thanks,
Michael

2019-10-31 13:22:50

#67, what du you mean? moving users around?

2019-10-31 16:31:53

I mean, moving them from room to room. I see it enabled in the permissions on the server settings, but I don't see a way to do it.

thanks,
Michael

2019-11-01 04:26:22

69, unfortunately, it is not accessible yet.

2019-11-01 05:08:26

Fair enough.

thanks,
Michael

2019-11-01 06:00:19 (edited by gerech 2019-11-02 05:08:13)

update. #64

You can now set status. do the following:

1. press space at the set status menu.

2. go to the chat box. 

3. press shift + tab.

4. use your arrow keys.

note, this also works for the server settings. just go to the server name and press space. then do the steps outlined above.
have an awesome day!

2019-11-03 07:44:16

** SELF PROMOTION **
the facebook tutorial is now up. check it out here! for those who are asking it is now up.
please direct all facebook questions in that topic.
Have an awesome day!

2019-11-08 22:11:50

As already might have ben noted,   the iOs app is very much accessible. I did a podcast locatred at  http://tffppodcast.com/lets-talk-about-discord detailing some but not all of the accessibility wins and issues for the iOs app.

Follow me on  my podcast twitter and feel free to listen to my music. Also subscribe to my youtube channel. Thanks.

2019-11-09 05:31:05

#74, thanks for that. I will include the link in my original post.