2019-09-12 15:31:04

Dear Dark,
First of all I would like to thank you for such a great site. Your site gave us hope to play some cool stuff and it will be a reference for years to come. It gave us endless possibilities so I thank you greatly.
Furthermore I would like to point out that Expanding Known Space download link might be hacked since  Windows 10 antivirus software and Avast say it is infected. I contacted already the developer. Moreover Grendel has probably shut down it's doors since if you go to the site all you can do is hear the Scottish Anthem.
Have a great day.

2019-09-12 17:10:33

Um, install a different antivirus maybe? Avast is shit as it is.

2019-09-12 21:24:13

Expanding known space is coded in BGT, and that usually gives off virus alerts.
I don't think it's cracked.

2019-09-12 22:44:42

Also, why does everybody think this is Dark's site?
From what I know, Luke doesn't know a scrap of code haha.

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2019-09-13 00:53:21

uh yeah, it's not his sight. lmao.

2019-09-13 23:40:16

I guess everyone thinks that cause he is the activest member when it comes to database, i think he is the only that does something right now, cause the other things are older.

Lamas with hats, but with sponge bob as carl Stay tuned.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvAUQt … subscriber

2019-09-14 13:19:44 (edited by Dark Eagle 2019-09-14 13:21:58)

exactly as the post 6 said.

Dark is the only one who consistently updates the database of games, and remains to be the most active member even after losing his moderator position.

2019-09-15 09:29:48

posts 6 and 7 are right. I don't want to throw stones around but it's in the news room, just look at the topic and their creator. There have been a lot of staff changes lately, some members were promoted, some lost their position but dark seems the only one that's updating the data-base.
I think that if you have a rank on this site you must have responsibilities aswell, not only moderator rights. When you accepted your rank you accepted that there's work to be done, there are new games to be added to the data-base and old ones to be modified or deleted if they're not maintained or lost.
What's the point of having news posters if we haven't seen a post from them in ages?
IMO I think there are a few people that could be interested to maintain the data-base besides dark so why not give them a chance?

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2019-09-15 18:18:18

I thought it was dark's as well. Even after hearing about Richard and Senderman i still thought it was dark's idea. He does all the work, as said above and he is the most active, and he acts like a manager which is to say, he is somewhat open to feedback, and is friendly and is willing to help.
Why was Dark demoted and Liam, Jade and Erin promoted?

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2019-09-16 18:01:41

@Jaidon.vinnie_ware, I've always been interested in the idea of other people doing work for the site, writing news, db entries etc, since obviously there's just one of me.

Unfortunately as I said in the other topic, I've not been as active with the db management recently, since I've rather had other things on my mind than gaming, heck my own personal gaming has suffered quite badly too.

As to why I'm no longer working as chief administrator, well a combination of an unholy amount of crap resulting from a mistake on my part which got blown out of proportion into a gigantic shit storm last November, and me growing tired of dealing with the repeated crises and endless negativity that forum moderation brings up these days and wanting to concentrate on those bits of the site I actually signed up to do, namely write news and maintain the db.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-09-16 18:55:16

@dark, this might sound a bit dickish of me, but I'd seriously be interested in a position that allows me to do some of that stuff for you.
My writing isn't quite as floury as yours, but this would be a graite place to perfect that!

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2019-09-16 19:03:24

I'd certainly not be against the idea.
To  write for the db someone would need to A, have a good grasp of English, B, have a good grasp of when games are or are not accessible, and C, be able to write in a none biased and explanatory way. Remember, the Db entries are not intended as game reviews, but to provide information (I've written up db pages for plenty of games I really don't like).

I think at this point this is probably something  I need to discuss with the other staff, EG maybe people who would like to work on the db need to submit sample game descriptions.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-09-16 19:04:23

So has anybody tried expanding known space?  I really want to try but I’m frayed it might be hacked. Furthermore thanks to also all the other people who work on the site. Wwtw

2019-09-16 19:05:06

people are just bunch of wierdos, people loved what you have done in the passed, ehll we all do mistakes, but that shit was verry childish, but anyway do what ever you happy with, well the said thing cant be said me for this year do to stupid exams but yeah

2019-09-16 23:41:32

Hey Dark. I would be happy to write a description for OnToys so it can be included, but even more importantly tiflo space client when it is out of beta since that one will fully be in English.

2019-09-17 00:19:33

@apostolosm7,  nope, expanding known space is definitely not a virus, I've bought the game and put several hours into it. see this topic for lots of other people who ahve too.
I'm guessing the issue is unique to a specific browser and/or antivirus combination  chrome didn't have any objections.

@omer thanks for the confidence, I will confess I found the situation last year rather upsetting.

@nidza07, Again that might be very helpful, though I have investigated quite a bit of the on toys platform and when the English version of the client comes out will likely do more, still, since obviously I don't know how much time I'm going to have, and more to the point, how much I'll feel like trying out new games and new software and writing about them the point is probably moot.

If you fancy sending me a description, feel free to drop me an email on d r dot lukehewitt at g mail dot com.

if you can include  html code in the description that would help speed things up as well.

2019-09-17 00:23:08

Thanks for the mail, will keep it and let you know when the client is out.

2019-09-17 03:16:37

I fancy writing entries as well, for the sight.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2019-10-22 04:21:21

I myself would love to write for the DB, the issue I see is not having enough time coming up in the near future and not knowing how to really look for games. Dark, you kind of outrank me with your abilities to research things.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2019-10-22 04:22:43

Woops, I just realized right after posting that this topic fell behind about a month ago. Sorry guys for being a thread necromancer. tongue

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER