2019-10-17 15:32:06 (edited by belatrix 2019-10-17 17:04:34)

I'm so sorry, guys. But I don't remember letting you criticize me. And if I start something, I don't have to ask you when I'm gonna stop. I only do things that are fun for me. And I just protect the right people.

2019-10-17 16:20:38

@51, your post doesn't even make sense! First, you don't "allow" or "disallow" people to criticize you. Criticism will be unleashed upon you no matter what you do. Second, the remainder of your post is just nonsense.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-10-17 16:32:48

Oh I'm soooooo sorry... The great queen Belatrix hasn't allowed anyone to criticise her... Well well well, aren't we juuuust sooooo sooooo sorry. Oh my my my my, what sin we have committed. We will all make our way to the tabernacle and repent immediately!

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-10-17 16:59:57

You're really funny @ incompetent writer machine. But please don't be so funny. And, @ethin doesn't have enough brains to let someone like you know I'm already writing

2019-10-17 17:53:07

See, here's the thing about trolling or insulting people. You have to sort of be understandable when you do it, or it just doesn't work. Now you madam, are far from understandable.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-10-21 18:20:52 (edited by cartertemm 2019-10-21 19:32:19)

A message from Jaidon:
**full content removed**

Pessimism is good
It keeps you from making stupid mistakes
And keeps you safe
The heck with optimism

2019-10-21 19:28:47 (edited by cartertemm 2019-10-21 19:33:08)

Moderation:
Lawrence_McSu, consider this a warning. The rules are being updated as we speak to reflect the change, which has been agreed upon by myself as well as another member of the team.
As you know good and well, Jaidon was banned. by posting a message from him in verbatim, you are essentially acting as a proxy through which he is able to speak.
Discussing the opinions or actions of banned members isn't punishable by itself of course, but allowing his voice to be heard in the future is akin to assisting him skirt the ban.
Content of post removed.

edit: Our inboxes are open. If Jaidon, or any banned member, wishes to speak with us he/she is more than welcome to. to do.

2019-10-21 19:35:36

I'd like to point out that rule 7 as it stands already covers this.
Will repost for clarification. That being said though, if we need to clarify it, we will.
7. If you are banned from the forum, you may appeal it formally, but you may not attempt to get around it and access the forum by any means. This includes creating duplicate accounts; if we discover that you have done this, your original punishment's severity will increase.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2019-10-21 21:05:59 (edited by Lawrence_McSu 2019-10-21 21:12:07)

Sorry
Didn’t know this was punishable
Just wanted to get this out there
It wont happen again. Ethan upset Jaidon so he wanted to clear the air.

Pessimism is good
And keeps you safe
The heck with optimism

2019-10-22 05:03:28

I haven't followed this thread, but @#57 and #58, I agree this rule needs some work. It could be argued that Jaidon was not actually accessing the forum. In theory at least, a banned member could access the forum in a read-only manner by simply visiting as a guest. The problem is when a banned forum member wants to post something, and uses another member as a proxy.

2019-10-22 09:10:20

The rule doesn't say you're not allowed to visit the forum. The rule says you're not allowed to get around your ban.
Using a proxy is clearly in violation of this. If not for the proxy, the banned user would have no voice on the forum.
To be clear here, if you're banned, we've decided, temporarily or otherwise, that you have lost the right to have a voice on the forum. You've done it by breaking rules, either onee in really huge fashion or in multiple smaller ways. Jaidon was more the latter case. No matter how angry you might be at someone who said or did something to you, once we've decided that you're being banned, you simply don't have a right to post here until your punishment is ended. You have every right to contact us via appropriate channels to discuss things, or even vent a little frustration, but to have someone pass a message for you, to me at least, clearly shows a willingness to skirt the rules. Lawrence, if you deliberately passed on a message from Jaidon, you can only go so far in claiming you didn't know that was punishable. To me, this is very obvious breach of the spirit of the rule. After all, if people could use others to post for them, couldn't they technically continue the same behaviour that got them banned in the first place? This is the basis for your warning which, by the way, I'm in total agreement with.

Also, if any of you have fed Jaidon any info from the forum after he was banned, you're not doing him any favours. You may actually upset him, and given that he's not really able to defend himself, it feels rather one-sided. It may even have resulted in the situation outlined above, where someone took it upon themselves to act as an intermediary.

If this happens again, particularly with Jaidon but also with anyone else who is banned, I will be advocating for the ban to be increased based on the level and number of infractions. Sorry, but you don't get to have your say, even through a third party, after you've given up that right with bad behaviour. If that sounds stiff, formal or even a little sharp, there's not much else I can say to you. Try not breaking rules repeatedly next time?

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-10-22 16:25:17

#61 How far does this go? I’m coming up with an off-the-cuff example here, but let’s assume - just for a second – we had a famous celebrity join the forum, someone like James Arthur perhaps. Let’s say James had one of his fits on the forum and personally attacked someone similar to the way he did so on the X Factor, and say he did this three times and got banned. If one of us saw that he released his new album or that he had an interview and we post about it here, does that mean we’re acting as a proxy and we’d get a warning for it. I know this is probably a crazy example, but I’m genuinely curious and it’s the best example I could come up with having just woke up about fifteen minutes ago.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2019-10-22 16:31:40

Uh, no.
As previously stated, talking about a banned individual would be fine. But if that banned individual wanted you to post his press release for him? No, that's not gonna fly.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-10-22 16:40:12

#63 Ah, that makes sense.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2019-10-23 17:43:37

OK. You can count on it not hapening again.
Sorry I caused trouble.

Pessimism is good
And keeps you safe
The heck with optimism