2019-10-19 23:34:56

hello,

i just looked at the games database and i found certain games that i know to be no longer available yet they are still listed. this includes but is not limited to the all in play games. is there a reason as to why games that are no longer available are still listed? this also includes bgt which has been discontinued and i believe has been removed from philips site.

2019-10-20 01:50:42

Imho games that are no longer available from any source should probably stay in the database, but maybe be moved to an area for defunct games if that's possible. There may be instances, now or in the future, where this database will be the only record that a particular game ever existed. Of course if games and/or other programs are no longer available from their developers, but are present at the Audiogame Archive, those links should be provided. But in my opinion, if a game is truly lost to time, either because it's entirely server-based and the only server(s) are gone and there is no possibility of new servers, or there simply aren't any known copies extant, the game should remain, but be marked in some way as unavailable, possibly in some cases with a request that if anybody does have the game, please contact so and so.

2019-10-21 10:29:17

but what really is the point in saving dead information? if a game that is no longer being hosted anywhere is not worth mentioning. if other persons besides the developer of said game have copies then they can't exactly be mentioned on the database otherwise it will make this whole forum argument of up etc totally pointless.