2019-09-12 04:54:48

Hey guys. I know we had this discussion earlier, but how bout we add the Empire series games for Android to the DB? its 99.9% accessible, and its completely playable. Unlike other games, it can be played without a guide and memorisation of things.
Tell me what you think, i'll even help with the description if you want to.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2019-09-15 05:56:46

Why has this topic been ignored? Its a great game that's playable, and it is playable! You guys want to add Madin NFL and all those stuff and they arent fully accessible, but this 1 is. I think its DB worthy.

_____

2019-09-15 21:58:56

The game meets most of the DB guidlines.

_____

2019-09-16 05:41:25

As far as I remember,  I think it needs to meet all of the DB guidelines.

I am not someone who is ashamed of my past. I'm actually really proud. I know I made a lot of mistakes, but they, in turn, were my life lessons. Drew Barrymore
Follow me on Twitter, Discord and Instagram

2019-09-16 14:06:06

Dark Wrote "
Note that these are basically guidelines and a game which is defficient in one area may stil recieve an entry because it scores highly in others. For instance, boppit ultimate has fairly simple press button style gameplay, but has several game modes to try, very good sfx and music, and gets faster as you play. Generally however when game creators work on a project, they should considder all the above points as important, sinse if a game is rejected it's usually because it has not come up to standard in one or more of the above areas.
" It gets 5/6, and tecnically, that point that it misses, doesn't matter to the type of game. It is DB Worthy. They even added more accessibility.

_____

2019-09-16 17:51:18

Okay, up front I'll say first off that for my part the db, and indeed audiogames in general  have had to take a bit of a back seat recently, for the reason why please check monthly chat.

As to world empire, my only major question is how is the game %99 accesisble" as you put it?
You mentioned in the recent topic  that all the buttons are labeled, so what is the problem?

With the db guidelines, accessibility is the single  most important point and that which is none negotiable.

The reason I mentioned games might be okay in one area but not in others and still count is that manifestly there are some games which aren't intended for massive replay value but still have enough sounds, music atmosphere and so on to count for the db. After all, if we didn't count accessibility, pretty much any game ever released could be added which would sort of negates the point of this site big_smile.

Again, since I've not got an android device I can't even test the games myself. If the problematic area is something simple, EG a setting you need to set to work correctly with talkback, or the need to click one unlabeled image when creating an account, something that someonne could do first time when playing the game, then fair enough.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-09-16 18:42:08

The only unlabeled button, is the map button, and the button to get to the main menu. But other than that, its accessible.

_____

2019-09-16 18:57:51

Okay, fair enough, that sounds fine, .

Now the next question is how we get db descriptions done.
I can't write them myself since I haven't played the games and can't unless there's an ios version.
I'll ask on the staff list if anyone else has played the games and wants to do a write up, and also mention you'd be interested in adding descriptions to the db yourself.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-09-17 23:27:35

Oh my email. [email protected]

_____

2019-09-17 23:30:18

Hi,
Which games are available in this series? There seems to be several and I'm not really too sure which one to try. I am using a Samsung Galaxy S4, but some of the games do have the install button. I do not know if World Empire is available for this device or not.

2019-09-18 00:02:21

OK, quick update, I very quickly tried Europe Empire but there's a bug. When I go to settings, and player ID, the game got stuck in an infinite loop where it said checking data over and over again, and I ended up actually having to restart my entire phone to fix it. I'm now a little worried about playing this until this strange bug is fixed, and I'm wondering if this is an older device issue rather than a game issue.

2019-09-18 00:09:57

I think its an older device issue, because it doesnt happen on my phone. @10, you can try all the games developed by Igindis games. World Empire, Europe Empire, Latin America, and Asia and Middle East and Africa empire. I tried Africa 1ST, then Asia, Then Europe, then Latin America then Middle Empire.

_____

2019-10-01 16:05:24

Do you guys intend to add this?

_____

2019-10-12 23:46:32

I will also help to write a description for the games if need be
and it seems that is an older device issue, since it works here on my braillenote which is newer than an s4 i think at least, probably though smile
yes it is
you dont really NEED the player ID to play, it just restricts you from multiplayer and scenarios I think. oh, and buying tokens; yeah that might be an issue.

2019-10-13 01:28:31

Yes you need the player id.

_____