2019-10-10 00:51:41

Hi.
There are viruses in the tomb hunter update. Don't download it!
If you do, you can no longer play the game.

2019-10-10 01:31:51

how do you know that there is a virus? What does it say?

proud to be a patreon of liam erven. Become a patreon today at patreon.com/liamerven

2019-10-10 01:32:30

No. There are not viruses in the update.
The game is written in BGT which is flagged by virus checkers.
Thank you.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2019-10-10 02:14:03

BGT games get flagged like that all the time, stop rabble rousing.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-10-10 05:46:32

How can I play then?
Windows doesn't allow it. It just says that there is a virus.

2019-10-10 06:00:58

If you wish to keep Windows Defender around, add the folder as an exception manually before you run the game.
Alternatively, if you're feeling brave and know you're careful what you download and have your browser fairly locked down, feel free to fully disable Windows Defender. Winaero Tweaker is an enhanced settings panel that allows for this among other things.

2019-10-11 11:18:15

yeah, stupid windows defender.
just put a exclusion.
and dont, whatever you do, get another antivirus. it fucks up the defender UI and makes everything pretty much disappear. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

2019-10-11 16:33:21

Why do people bother mentioning that games are a virus? This is old news. Antivirus software flags most if not all BGT games that are a zip archive. The only installer I've seen it flag is Constant Battle. For me, most installers work

2019-10-11 16:56:44

Hello!  About the game, I can't find the instruction manual. Could someone tell me where to find it?  Thanks!  It is not found in the installation folder.

2019-10-11 21:04:58

You sure it's not in the zip file? If not, redownload it.

2019-10-12 12:17:09

Ok thanks, i'll try again.

2019-10-12 21:29:59

Hi the game works fine for me and the readme is in the zip folder.

2019-10-13 03:57:17

Is there a way to get a key now that Mason has stopped development?

2019-10-13 05:56:47

I would most certainly hope so...

2019-10-13 06:31:13

I have a feeling if it's not him doing it, NS is still handling orders, since that was a collaboration between the two.

2019-10-13 08:47:56

Hi windows defender just detected it as a threat so I went in and allowed it.  So now their is an update available and its not finding the version yet maybe it is still uploading?  I'm going to give it a bit.

2019-10-13 09:44:16

Guys!  It's amazing, I just can't find the manual.  I downloaded the game again but really this document is not found.  Could someone please send it to me via e-mail or paste the text here?  Thanks...

2019-10-13 16:49:17

Tomb Hunter
By Masonasons and NS studios.

* about

Toom hunter (th) is an adventure/action/horror platforming side scroller with some 2d features made by Mason Armstrong (Masonasons) and Nikola Stojsic (NS studios).
You play as a teenager by the name of Fredrick, who has encountered a misterious force pulling him toward and inside of a tomb.
Your objective is to collect scrolls, gold, gems, solve puzzles, as well as anything else that you come across on your journey.
This will not be easy, though. You will have to go through 30 levels, spread out in ten tombs, each featuring their own set of challenges, enemies, objects, puzzles, and quests.

* keys

general menu keys:
• Up/Down arrow, move to the previous/next menu item
• Home/End, move to the first/last menu item
• Escape, exit the menu
• Enter, open the currently focused item
• Page up/down, increase/decrease the music volume
• Tab, show/hide all items in the shop
Note: The menues in this game support the first letter navigation, which means that instead of using arrows and pressing enter on an item to select it, you may also press the letter that you will be told when passing through items (e.g., play game. p.), and the item will be automatically activated.

speech output menu keys:
• Tab, cycle between the output methods (SAPI and screen reader)
• Up/Down arrow, switch to the previous/next SAPI voice
• P/Shift+P/Ctrl+P, increase/decrease/reset the pitch of the SAPI voice
• V/Shift+V/Ctrl+V, increase/decrease/reset the volume of the SAPI voice
• R/Shift+R/Ctrl+R, increase/decrease/reset the volume of the SAPI voice
• Enter, save the changes and exit the menu
• Escape, exit the menu without saving the changes

puzzle board keys:
• Up/Down arrow, cycle through the pieces
• Home/End, jump to the first/last piece
• Left/Right arrow, hear the currently focused piece spoken phonetically
• Tab, read the puzzle in its entirety (as a word)
• Space, pick up/put down a piece and swap
• Shift+Up/Down arrow, move the currently focused piece up/down (sometimes easier than using space)
• Escape, cancel the swap
• Enter, validate the puzzle

inventory menu keys:
• Up/Down arrow, cycle through the inventory items
• Escape, exit the menu
• Enter, exit the menu and put focus on the selected inventory item (inside the tab list)
• Shift+Enter, exit the menu, put focus on the selected item in the tab list, and activate the item
Note: this menu supports the non-automaticly-activating first letter navigation, which means that you may press a letter to quickly jump to an item, but instead of automatically activating it, it will just set focus to it, and then you may use either enter or shift+enter to exit the menu and put the inventory focus on the selected item, or to exit the menu, put focus on the item, and use it respectively.

Story line review:
• Left/Right arrow, read the previous/next part
• Escape, close the story line review

gameplay keys:
• Left/Right arrow, walk left/right
• Up/Down arrow, clime up/down
• CTRL+arrows, run
• Shift+arrows, use spyglass (describes surrounding objects, e.g., grass: 4 feet, wall: 5 feet)
• Alt+arrows, turn/face in a certain direction
• G+arrows, use camera (lets you check your surroundings more precisely)
• G+X, announce camera's current position
• Space+Arrows, jump (hold an arrow in the direction you wish to jump to)
• Space+CTRL+Arrows, running jump (hold an arrow in the direction you wish to jump to; note that you have to be running first for this to work)
• H, announce your health, remaining lives, and gear being worn(if any)
• Shift+H, announce your special conditions, e.g., poisoned
• Tab/Shift+Tab, cicle through the inventory items forward/backward
• I, open the inventory menu
• Shift+I, copy all inventory items to the clipboard
• Z, enter the shop
• Enter, use the selected inventory item, dismiss a message pop-up, or interrupt a death sequence
• X, announce the character's current position
• number row (1–5), draw a weapon
• S, fire the selected weapon
• Shift+S, check how many of the selected weapon you have
• P, drink a potion (if you have one)
• Shift+P, check how many potions you have
• M, check how much gold you have
• Shift+M, check how many gems you have
• T, deactivate a timebomb
• R, check the robot helper's position (if spawned)
• D, unlock a door/trap
• Escape, exit the game and return to the main menu, or dismiss all message pop-ups (sometimes, a message comes in parts that appear as their own pop-ups, and while enter dismisses only one part, escape dismisses all of them)
• F1, open the options menu
• F2, check the time you have spent on playing the game
• F3, Reload the saved game
• Page up/down, increase/decrease the volume of the game ambiance
• Shift+Page up/down, increase/decrease the overall volume of the game
• Left/Right bracket, cycle backward/forward through the speech events
• Shift+Left/Right bracket, jump to the first/last item in the speech event history
• Alt+Left/Right bracket, open a menu which allows you to copy a speech history event to the clipboard, or to clear the whole speech history
• Ctrl, silence speech
Note: Escape and F3 keys need to be held rather than just pressed. This is a safety measure of sorts, because it prevents you from pressing those keys by accident.

* registration and limitations

Tomb Hunter is available as freemium software.
This means that the feature-limited version of the game may be downloaded for free, and you will need to purchase a license if you wish to experience the full version.
The feature-limited version lets you play first ten levels, and has certain features locked such as the shop.
You may purchase your lifetime-long license at: www.masonasons.me/pages/th.php
if you are running the feature-limited version, the main menu will contain the “register” option. Likewise, when you are registered, the main menu will contain the “unregister” option.
Once you purchase your license, your payment will be manually processed, and you will receive your registration details within 48 hours either from [email protected] or [email protected]; please whitelist those e-mail addresses if possible to prevent the message from getting flagged as spam.
You may register as many as five devices with the same license, but they have to be the devices you own and/or use personally.
Sharing your license with others and registering devices you don't own and/or use with your license will result in a perminant ban!
If you wish to free one of the registration slots, just unregister one of the currently registered devices, and you will have a free slot again. This way you always have five slots to use on any device.
Warning: unregistering should always be done using the “unregister” menu option, because doing it any other way will not free up the registration slot!
The registration system is online-bassed and thus requires an internet connection. If you do not have access to the internet, you will not be able to get verified and will continue in the limited mode.
A word of advice: because of the nature of the registration system, we strongly advise you to unregister a device that is about to undergo a serious maintenance such as Windows reinstalation (not update, though), hardware changes/upgrades, etc.

* obtaining and staying in touch

The game may be downloaded and purchased from www.masonasons.me/pages/th.php
Should you have any questions, issues, etc., feel free to get in touch; our e-mail addresses are: [email protected] and [email protected].

* acknowledgments and credits

Thanks to NS (www.nsstudiosweb.com) for developing this game alongside me, as well as for designing some sounds.
Thanks to Eric Matyas for the game music.
Thanks to James North, Thomas Ward, beta team, and the audiogames.net forum for their inspiration, support, and ideas.
Important notice: although Tomb Hunter has been inspired by “Montezuma's Revenge” and “Mysteries Of The Ancient's,” it is not in any way, shape, or form meant to be a replacement, spin-off, and/or a spiritual successor of either of those games.

© copyright Masonasons and NS studios 2014–2019, All Rights Reserved.
Reverse engineering, decompileing, decoding, decrypting, disassembling, or in any way deriving source code or any of the components from the Software, is prohibited and may result in the civil or criminal penalties permitted by law.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.  IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
You are permitted to play the unlocked mode of Tomb Hunter only in case you own the registration license yourself. Using the registration license you did not purchase, or that was not purchased for you, as well as sharing your purchased license to third-parties, is strictly prohibited, and will result in permanent license deactivation.

2019-10-13 23:18:18

Ok thankyou very much my friend!