2019-09-27 00:57:37 (edited by jack 2019-09-30 07:07:13)

Reviving this topic to alert people of a potentially inaccessible plugin, and an opportunity to do some work with it. UVI has a promotional offer going on Digital Synsations, it's free for a limited time. Just use promo code:
FREEDS-AVID
And you'll get it for free.
UVI Workstation has some accessibility issues with ocr, even when you load the proper soundbank and instrument it just won't make any sound. Actually that has nothing to do with ocr, just a midi channel mismatch. Lol!
Also, I don't know if the deal is still going on or not. If it is, get it while you can, it's a great and very memorable synth. If not then you will probably want to save up for it because it's worth it. It's accessible with OCR's help, but Sibiac could really come into play for this thing if GRad or any of the other Sibiac devs get a hold of this synth.

2019-09-27 01:05:38

Normally I don't say Holy shit, but... Holy shit!
1. this thing is normally 150 bucks.
2. I am fairly certain NKS presets have been made for this, so if you use komplete it should be plug and play.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2019-09-27 01:28:43 (edited by jack 2019-10-15 00:14:07)

Holy shit is right, exactly what I said when Avid posted this. Lol! I do remember this being NKS-ready as well.
Getting Sibiac to work with this would be a dream come true as this is a fantastic synth that many are probably pretty familiar with, or have at least heard in action.
Talking of good instruments, I need to add the Electric 80 grand piano from Waves to the list. IT's another vintage yet modern software modeling of this significant hardware. It's got basic reverb as well, and while the Abby Road plates may be a bit overkill for this instrument, the Hybrid-Reverb does a great job with it.

2019-09-27 01:31:41

I'm in the process of getting their stupid portal installed. thank god for OCR. May not get to it until tomorrow, but it'll be great to have something else to add to my toolbox.

2019-09-27 01:34:40 (edited by jack 2019-09-27 01:35:59)

You may want to simplify the process by calling Aira since they offer five minute calls for free now. Unfortunately OCR didn't make it through the installation process. You're going to need Portal, UVI Workstation, and then to download the bank through portal. The most frustrating part of this whole process, even on Aira, was accepting the damn eula.

2019-09-27 01:45:11

I'll probably call a buddy of mine tomorrow and just have him do this. Grrr.

2019-09-27 02:31:56

That will work, downloads about 10gb in size and is actually through a torrent believe it or not.

2019-09-30 06:35:22

Anyone who's gotten Digital Synsations, here's something to note. If the virtual keyboard in REaper, or your physical controller isn't playing anything, you need to change your midi channel. Digital Synsations usually sits at channel 1, and your keyboard will default to channel 16 which causes it to not play properly.

2019-09-30 07:23:50

Sad state of affairs for Sample Tank 4. OCR elements aren't even clickable, which doesn't make much sense. This is when UVI Workstation worked perfectly, even before it started showing its own windows in bridged mode.

2019-09-30 07:57:19

got it set up. Don't ask how I have no idea. I'm waiting to see if Jason from freelance sound labs is going to make an NKS set for this.

2019-10-01 16:00:16

EZDrummer 2's facing a problem. First and foremost is not allowing itself to be recognized as a vst instrument, but besides that, when attempting to learn the layout of the drums on basic preset,
Error. Cannot find one-shot-pad playpoint, please contact Sibiac developers.
Interface works fine everywhere else (except the trial nag screen that I have to manually ocr).

2019-10-01 16:00:29

EZDrummer 2's facing a problem. First and foremost is not allowing itself to be recognized as a vst instrument, but besides that, when attempting to learn the layout of the drums on basic preset,
Interface works fine everywhere else (except the trial nag screen that I have to manually ocr).

2019-10-10 23:40:40

For anyone in the U.S., Canada, Australia or New Zealand, this is a huge if indirect accessibility solution for installing and licensing vst plugins at the very least.
Aira changed up their referral program a bit, so signing up through a referral and making your first call automatically gives you 30 free, non-expiring minutes. Normally, free calls are five minutes at a time, which is fantastic, but if you have an entire software bundle to register you're probably going to inevitably need a bit more time than that. So take advantage of this when considering your next plugin purchase/trial download.
http://link.aira.io/ref-GGSSV

2019-10-11 02:33:54

jack wrote:

What
What is your screen resolution set to?  Additionally,  have you registered the product already?  There's no trial mode of the software.  Additionally, make sure SIBIAC doesn't report any windows on top 'cause if there's any window on top of EZDrummer's interface, it will not be able to find the click point because what's actually happening is  SIBIACC  is actually scanning a designated area of the ezdrummer 2 interface and searching for click points.  Once it finds them, it will go back through and start testing for their  locations until it finds it.    We've yet to find a package that has failed to scan.

My Solo album, "A Life Seen Through Broken Eyes", available now:
iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2019-10-11 03:00:39

@GRad: My display resolution is 1920x1080, the recommended resolution for my 15inch display.
EZDrummer2 actually does have a ten day demo, so that is what I was using.

2019-10-11 05:06:59

I can attest. EzDrummer does, in fact, have a demo. What's more, it's different from the full version. I had one of the sibiac developers connect remotely to my computer and confirm this by running the scripts and watching the mouse as it was moving around. He had to change the script so that it would run correctly in the demo. I thought he was going to incorporate those changes into an update to sibiac. I'm guessing that hasn't happened yet? My 10-day trial has long expired so I can't check it either way now.

2019-10-11 05:11:40

I did contact Toontrack themselves concerning this asking if there was anything they could do. They do say that not all the patches are available in the demo which is quite understandable, but it seems to be affecting Sibiac's performance.

2019-10-11 06:32:31

That's because the trial demo is actually an older, and I think different, version from the full one.

2019-10-11 15:09:31 (edited by jack 2019-10-11 15:19:11)

Well that explains a lot! Lol. Thanks for clearing that up.

2019-10-16 06:29:46

Liam wrote:

2. I am fairly certain NKS presets have been made for this, so if you use komplete it should be plug and play.

Indeed they have, and indeed it is. Go get this and paste it in your user plugins directory in Komplete. You'll need sighted help to click the autoscan user contents directory on startup, but seeing as you only ever have to do that once that isn't a huge issue for now.
go get it!

2019-10-28 23:11:42

***Major Breakthrough**
Waves Central 11's web wrapper just got updated. In a manner similar to the Steam beta but even more intuitive, Waves Central is now fully accessible for screen readers. If I hadn't had Aira I would have been a bit weary  of updating considering that updating meant relicensing my plugins, but I was surprised to find out that Waves Central had been made fully accessible in this update. I did explain Waves Central's accessibility issues while a tech support was teamviewering me through plugin installation and licensing. The word must've gotten to the UI developers, either that or it was just coincidental, but at any rate, the program is now fully accessible for screen readers.

2020-03-26 17:19:53

Bringing back this thread while we're all on the subject of vst plugin accessibility. Has the Sibiac developer been working on NVDA 2019.3 compatibility? That is, admittedly going to be quite difficult I would imagine, since the ocr addon has been pretty much abandoned by NVDA developers seeing as windows 10 ocr is in its place, so I guess Sibiac would have to work with windows 10 OCR, or the legacy ocr NVDA addon would need updating. I have 2019.2.1 around if Sibiac compatibility is ever needed for a plugin.

2020-03-26 21:47:42

It's already done.  Wasn't hard, actually

My Solo album, "A Life Seen Through Broken Eyes", available now:
iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2020-03-28 04:19:27 (edited by jack 2020-03-28 04:19:41)

Ahh! Ok, Off to download it then. Good stuff!