2019-10-10 00:08:03

My friend actually called Apple about the problems, but they just blew him off with, "Yeah we're workin on it kid just wait you'll get your stupid accessibility." This is horifying.

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2019-10-10 02:26:35

Well what else do you expect them to tell you other than they are working on it?

2019-10-10 03:46:08 (edited by Ethin 2019-10-10 03:46:35)

@27, you clearly didn't read the full quotation (if it is accurately reproduced). If so, then not only is that entirely unprofessional, its also incredibly disrespectful and significantly lowers my respect for Apple.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-10-10 04:49:08

Well, the other part I understood as his personal comment, because no company says that and I am 100 percent sure they didn't do that.

2019-10-10 09:09:07

Yeah, I agree with the last post, there was probably some hyperbole there to heighten the effect of what the previous poster said. In any case, I haven't really experienced any significant bugs since upgrading to IOS 13, not even the call ending bug, which I'm very happy about. As for Siri voices, I wouldn't know if they cause issues, since I gave up on them after Apple stupidly removed the compact variants, and I despise how they sound now, all jerky and with pronunciation errors all over the place.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2019-10-11 03:01:21

iOS 13.2 beta 2 is out.

Let’s hope for the best.

2019-10-11 03:33:57

And just as I suspected, the status bar bug is gone in beta 2, which is why you don't talk about beta bugs before golden master.

2019-10-11 09:20:10

I don't understand why talking about beta bugs is bad.

If the gm is not out yet, then obviously common sense means that someone is talking about the developer or public beta, because if they check for updates, surprise, they are running the latest. So no confusion there.

Also there is a public beta program, so why are beta bugs considered secretive or inappropriate?

Apple says, nope, don't talk about beta bugs, yet they have a public beta program. How does that make sense?

Also as previously stated, the developer beta can very easily be obtained for free, so technicall there are 2 public betas. I do agree that if you are going to talk about them, make sure you mention it is a beta, and which type, but this whole rule of not talking about beta bugs is ridiculous, especially considering they have a public beta program

2019-10-11 16:10:32

It's quite simple: If people don't have the beta and just hear from bugs, they may come to the conclusion, be it false or true, that the bug will be in the final version and therefore it's not worth it. Not all people know exactly when there's a beta and when there's a full version, especially if it's not explicitly stated. So I can understand them for the most part, honestly.

We are pleased, that you made it through the final challenge, where we pretended we were going to murder you. We are throwing a party in honor of your tremendous success. Place the device on the ground, then lay on your stomach with your arms at your sides. A party associate will arrive shortly to collect you for your party. Assume the party submission position or you will miss the party.

2019-10-11 16:14:39

Whether it is ridiculous or not, you agreed to it, and that's it. The fact it is ridiculous should be brought up to Apple, but till they agree, it is an official rule, and based on what it says your beta access could be revoked. Of course, as has already been said that probably wont happen, but it's not such a hard rule to respect. Join a private beta testing Vo group, and you are fine to discuss all the bugs and report them. However, let's base it on your example. You were frustrated about the status bar bug, which was fixed in one update and took a week. So it was pointless to mention it to anybody but Apple.

2019-10-11 16:52:34

Actually I was frustrated about people complaining about it. It wasn’t a big deal to me.

The end call bug is what sets me off

2019-10-11 18:19:08

Who complained about it? I saw only one mention of that bug, and it was in this topic. The end call bug will hopefully be fixed soon, but see, even we can't reliably tell if it is or is not fixed, because for me it happens maybe once in 20 calls, while for others it is way more constant. So if you ask me is it fixed in beta 2, I would say I don't know, hopefully it is, have not experienced it in beta 2 yet but had only 2 calls so far.

2019-10-11 19:28:40

I have an iPhone 7 +, and the only bug i have with ios 13.1.2 is Voice over suddenly crashing. But other than that, I see no set of bugs. My friend Adel doesn't even want to update because of seeing your post. The main version doesn't have the bugs outlined. You need to specifically say to people that your using the bayta. Not the real version.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2019-10-11 21:28:06

38 nails it, I think. Instead of telling people not to talk about bugs before a GM release at all, because you have no authority to make them comply to that kind of thing (and policing the internet is impossible anyway, plus the fact that that's unenforceable, which does matter and is relevant), you should explicitly indicate to others to tell us what beta version they're using. Post 34 claimed that users will believe that the beta exists in the released finalversion of the product if you discuss it before a GM release; I posit that the opposite would happen if you suppressed discussion of it: people would assume its not there (when it actually might still be there). Just because you submit feedback to a company doesn't mean the company will do anything about it, and that's assuming that the methods of submitting feedback aren't broken and actually work.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-10-11 21:35:33

Lol, stop being such an Apple hater and making less and less sense. How will people assume a bug is not there if it is indicated in the gold master? Beta releases are confidential information and I don't know what part of that is not understandable. Nobody tries to police the Internet if they are protecting the integrity of their software.

2019-10-11 21:37:13

@40, stop being such a Apple fanboy and smell the industrialism.

_____

2019-10-11 22:33:39

Yeah right, Apple fanboy who used Android for over 4 years? Good try. I just collaborate with companies who's products I am trying to improve by beta testing. Google in a similar way asks you not to spred TalkBack beta outside of their mailing list, so how do they poolice the Internet? It's just sad that 90 percent of iOS testers do it only for bragging or to see the new features, and don't care about any kind of agreement. It's pointless to test if you don't send any feedback.

2019-10-12 01:58:09 (edited by Zarvox 2019-10-12 02:00:22)

I will rename the topic and edit post 1 so it is clear this talks about bugs from a beta

Also beta 2 of 13.2 got rid of the end call bug for me

Fuck yeah! Hope it is gone for anyone else on that version as well

2019-10-12 02:00:56

Awesome! I hope that stays that way in the final version.

2019-10-12 02:15:28

@40, uh... because not all users read this thing called a changelog? I'm not 'making less sense'. I'm giving you facts, pure and simple. You cannot stop people from talking about a beta. A beta (in a general sense) is not confidential, either; perhaps Apples betas are confidential but clearly they don't care if people do discuss it (otherwise they'd actually prevent you from talking about it on YouTube). IMO its much better to publicly discuss bugs in betas because it makes the company actually fix bugs because they're practically forced too because of public pressure. A feedback mechanism they can ignore quite easily; but its much, much harder for a company to ignore the pressure of tons of people on various forums demanding that they fix it.

My Github

2019-10-12 02:40:41

I renamed and rewrote. I’m not fixing my spelling errors though

2019-10-12 10:21:35

I appreciate that you changed the topic title and edited the first post.
But all I'm really getting out of this is that people who actually depend on there phone day to day really shouldn't be using betas.
And frankly, I thought that would be common sense.
Sounds like you got impatient to try the new version, but even when you saw how fucked it was you didn't revert?  If so, this level of masochism confuses me.
Some of these bugs really are appalling it must be said, particularly the 911 calling bug (I would have stopped using it instantly after that simply out of a moral duty) but it wasn't just the accessibility side of this release that was bad, it was everything.
And even though they shouldn't have released 13.0 to the public in that state in the first place, they did at least pull out the stops to fix it quickly.
Either way, thanks for suffering in order to help report the bugs, that helps all of us.

2019-10-12 15:35:04

OK. Time for some editting:
This morning, I experienced something.
My friend, Adel.Spence Facetimed me. He ended the call because I was still sleeping. After that, VO, as well as all the sound on my phone went mute. The mute switch stopped giving feedback, and everything, even the charging sound was mute. Like, what the heck Apple? People always say that Apple is the best in accessibility, but I never experienced this crap with VA.
I want to apologise to Zarvox. I'm sorry for probably coming across harsh in my previous post, and I finally understand your plight.
SCREW APPLE! SAMSUNG FOR LIFE!

_____

2019-10-12 15:43:30

The fact that Android still cannot copy text from a web page tells you enough about which screen reader is more capable, better not to go in to more advanced things like text detection from images or direct touch for 3rd party apps. VO has this bug which is apparently better in 13.2, but both had major bugs like that. Android had a major bug with web views recently, and these things will happen in both systems and are not a parameter on which one does accessibility better.

2019-10-12 17:56:42

lol, and you get discouraged because your phone "on a beta" crashes ones? Good going... big_smile
If things crash, then you can either wait till it restarts by itself, or use any other methods like hard reset or anything to fix it. The "plus side" with apple is that you only have one screenreader, making screen reading bugs only relate to one program only... With droid, you have the option of running a few other solutions, probably changing the bug platter entirely.

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->
My folding at home statistics