2019-09-14 12:44:17 (edited by gerech 2019-09-14 12:45:26)

hi,
its me again. now i know i posted something similar but infinity free is just not working for me. any suggestions? all i need is like 5 gb.
i also have a registered domain so a service that would help me change the servers to use it is greatly appreciated.
thanks.

If you found this post helpful, amusing or funny, please thumb it up!
To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.

2019-09-14 16:20:16

jc-hosting.com

2019-09-14 17:34:15 (edited by mohamed 2019-09-14 17:35:38)

oops, I think you mean
jc-hosting.me

2019-09-14 19:36:59

jc-hosting.me is down. Check out freewah.com.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2019-09-15 04:43:13

all suggestions here are appreciated, however most of them sceem to be down? google chrome is giving a server IP address cannot be found error.

To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.

2019-09-15 04:46:32

check freevar.com is the only 1 to my knoweldge thats up

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2019-09-18 04:11:28

Here, check out this free webhost comparison. It lists the disk space and bandwidth of the hosts plus some more information. Hopefully that will get you help deciding which one to use.
https://www.webhostingsecretrevealed.ne … ing-sites/

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2019-09-25 03:56:42

I found AWS and DigitalOcean to work just fine. Some accessibility hassles, but nothing too severe.

Are you comfortable SSH ing into your web server to set it up?

2019-09-27 15:43:20 (edited by gerech 2019-09-27 15:45:15)

@8 I would be comfortable ssh ing into my web server. haven't learned it though but im willing. I found a free host though. it is this one . I know it looks shaidy, but i cant afford real hosting right now soo.

2019-09-28 05:22:37

what do you want to do?
Here are the solid options:
github.com allows you to make a free static site and store code files.
Google Cloud has a free hosting level.
pythonanywhere.com allows you to have one python server.
Heroku has a free level.
Google sites is free and accessible, but only allows you to use their template.
wordpress.com gives you a free wordpress site.
AWS is pennies if you are just testing stuff, otherwise it's $6 a month.
I use A2 hosting which is also around $3 a month for pretty much any small site.
Mega gives 50 GB of free storage.
Google Drive gives 15 GB of free storage.
Github allows releases to be unlimited in size, although each file needs to be less than 2 GB.
Let me know what you're trying to do and I can probably figure out a solution, but Github is really amazing.

2019-09-28 09:45:43

I am trying to run code.

2019-09-28 09:45:58

24/7

2019-09-29 05:58:36

Of course, all websites run code 24/7. What kind of code? Javascript code that is run on the visitor's machine is Github.
If you're trying to run any kind of code, then Google Cloud has a free hosting level.
pythonanywhere.com allows you to have one python server.

2019-10-11 11:07:25

@13 sorry for replying so late. i am trying to run a java code. not javascript java.

2019-10-25 14:15:23

pushing this back up to see if there is any more answers.

2019-10-26 21:58:56

I could probably host you a website, it would be fun trying to see how to configure Appache to let me do that.

2019-11-16 03:50:50

#16, That would be great.

BTW sorry for reviving this topic.

2019-11-16 04:14:13

I could host you a server but it certainly won't be free. How much are you willing to spend per month for hosting?
And yes, if someone wants to point out that this topic is about free hosting... I do know that.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-11-16 07:26:05

Here are some places with free hosting I think:
https://hostadvice.com/hosting-services … a-hosting/

2019-11-16 13:17:17

hello, please take a look at freevar.com

2019-11-16 13:37:41

@18, I will think about it.
@19  thanks for the resources.
@20 I dont suggest using that. they put adds on your website.

2019-11-16 14:42:06

hello
try this

2019-11-16 16:11:19

#22, I am currently using that however, there are some limitations such as, no php mail support you have to use php mailer.

2019-11-16 20:21:24 (edited by Ethin 2019-11-16 20:23:05)

As I said, I'd be willing to set you up with a server, but it would not have any control panels or anything like that. (As a side not 've never done "web hosting" before, at least not in the traditional sense; I've always self-managed my infrastructure. If your fine with doing the same, that will make setting things up much simpler. I've had past experiences with control panels that just make them unpleasant to set up, especially when they require a clean install of <insert OS hre> (CPanel) or they have strange an wonky setup routines (ISPConfig). It doesn't help that they can't modify DNS records directly, so...)

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-11-16 22:10:41

well there are limitations in that  but it depends  what he wants to do