2019-09-08 23:51:09

Yeah, I'd love for the trackeditor to become accessible.  That'd be cool to work with the steam workshop.

2019-09-10 17:40:27

I'm curious to know if anybody would potentially support me on Patreon, if I were to create one?  Because it isn't financially viable for me to continue working on the game.

I want to finish up the rest of the game's accessibility, and also create a DLC pack that will include some more tracks and missions.

2019-09-10 18:06:59

Oh of course! I'll support you for sure

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2019-09-10 21:26:26

I would definitely subscribe to a patreon.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2019-09-10 21:52:21

I just uploaded a new version 1.1.8c which adds a bunch more information to the log files to do with the crash that some users on Windows 7 are getting.  If you happened to be getting a crash, it would really help if you could play again with this version (you can check the version with F1 at the title screen) and send me your logs.  I don't need the crash.dmp file because it hasn't been useful for this particular problem.

2019-09-10 22:57:21

I would absolutely support you however I can.  You are doing fantastic work, and I love the game!

2019-09-11 00:00:49

It seems like perhaps the users who are getting crashes are just running out of memory, but that is only a guess.  They all have had 4 gigabytes of ram.  The game uses about 500 megabytes of ram.  I'm curious how much memory your computer has free normally if you have 4 gigabytes of ram?

2019-09-11 00:37:45

You would definitely have my support on Patreon.

Game Man

2019-09-11 00:43:39 (edited by hanif 2019-09-11 00:51:05)

@SMG my pc has about 111GB in the C drive and 168GB both in the D and E drives
Also it would be nice if the game uses less memmory to run, maybe it will fix the problem

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2019-09-11 01:58:25

Well, he means RAM not HDD free space haha

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2019-09-11 12:02:37

@403
I'd be willing to support on Patreon if you create one. I'd love to continue to see future development.

Trying to free my mind before the end of the world.

2019-09-11 20:48:52

Hi special magic games.
Well, I would like to support you how ever I can, I don't have the cash to do many monthly donations though.
When do updates appear on itch?
Also the demo is not on itch.
Also I'd buy the soundtrack if I could do it on anything else bar steam, maybe direct?
I could direct paypal you the cash for it and you could send me the tracks?
Maybe?
I must say, the missions get harder and harder, I have a crash where eventually music just stopps after a while of playing.
However after playing for a few hours yesterday, I must say, the story gets dark really quickly.
Bad ais, good ais, good and maybe bad people and well you are just the guy that is in the middle of this.
Reminds me of nuromancer by william gibson.
Its a bbc drama and if You manage to play it its worth it.

2019-09-11 22:04:53

Folks, I just uploaded version 1.1.8d to both Steam and Itch.  This version has a lot of memory usage improvements, it uses less memory than past versions, and may fix crashes for some users.

crashmaster, I could send you the soundtrack if you paypal me at [email protected] .  This page has a description of exactly what is included: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1080 … oundtrack/

2019-09-12 02:37:16

I created a Patreon page, but I'm still undecided about exactly what to do with it: https://www.patreon.com/specialmagicgames What sounds interesting?

2019-09-12 03:40:21

Hi smg.
Ok, just sent you the cash for the track and a couple extra bucks.
Even though there are a few tracks I can't get, for 10 bucks I get 81 tracks thats around 7 or so cds.
Its a lot.
Thanks in advance

2019-09-13 00:07:19

Can anyone please tell me how to get the bonus objective on this accursed The Vanished mission?
No matter what I do, if I get passed a few bots without crashing into them, I still end up hitting the side of the track.
I am only doing little turns as well.
I think the difficulty should be tweaked a tad to make it a bit easier in my opinion, providing there's nothing I'm doing wrong

Though our eyes may fail, our ears prevail!
User Karma, every little helps

2019-09-13 23:19:22

What I'd really like to do, in addition to fixing all the last bits of accessibility, is to create a DLC expansion.  I'd like at least 5 new tracks, but that would take around $100 per track for licensing, if I were to get the tracks cheap.  I'm trying to strike a deal with one of the artists that I've already used.  I'd also like to include a bunch of new missions somewhere in the existing mission structure.  However, I can't afford to spend the time or money on that.  I guess that's why I'd like to use patreon for, but I'm not sure I'd get enough support there.

2019-09-13 23:36:38

Hi. I love this game. I was wondering if it isn’t implemented already, can you please add a save management system? Because steam isn’t accessible, we cannot delete our saves. We just get a cloud sync conflict if we create a new one off-line.

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2019-09-14 02:33:49

I think it would be a lot more cost effective to add multiplayer race support with the patreon money. You could either set up a central server or have users host their own ones and require  IP addresses and port forwarding, but it would not cost you any more money, and would add hundreds of hours of replay value to the game because people would want to perfect each track in order to get a leg up on their competitors. Wheras adding a DLC pack would cost hundreds of dollars, and who knows how much you'd actually get back. For 5 tracks, that's $500 if each one is $100, and if you charge say $4 for it, you would have to make 125 sales in orer to even break even. This doesn't even consider the amount of time you spend. You could instead charge $5-$10 for the multiplayer module (I'm sure people here would buy it), and do a bit more work but it would cost you less money.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2019-09-14 03:48:43

RTT Entertainment, I'll try to add an option to reset progress in the next update.

2019-09-14 04:36:39

Man online play would be absolute beast! I dig that 1000%. Also smg, have you considered setting up your own webstore and selling there? I'd hate for Itch or Steam to take most of the game money you're making from these sales. and I'm sure they take a good chunk. These guys don't do anything, just host the game and rip people off haha. perhaps for a huge developer it's not a big deal, as they sell thousands of copies, but man that gotta hurt if you're an indie dev.

Another idea could be: publish on Playstation or Xbox. I don't know if that's a good idea, since I have no clue how much development costs on those platforms, but there are millions of gamers there.

What you really need, is a huge push, and tons of exposure. and I'm not sure how we can go about doing that.

2019-09-14 13:56:42

I am still having a lot of trouble avoiding barriers. I feel like I"m just guessing which direction to seer, and half the time I am wrong. So like, I might hear the barrier start at the right side and move to the leftas I'm driving, I hear the little sonar noise saying that it is right in line to be collided with by the car, but it tuurns off as the barrier continues to pan to the left. So I wait till the last minute and then boost up and steer right at the same time. I tap the f key because even a tiny tap will send the car careening in the direction you want, and hit the wall a lot, and I still hit the barrier half the time. So I don't think you are supposed to move in the opposite direction of it. So I tried moving the same direction, so left as it was moving left but ahead of it so it would hopefully appear somewhere off to my right as I pass it but that also didn't work, so what gives? I still haven't managed to get more than a silver metal on brutal defenses, because I haven't mastered these barriers and I really want to.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2019-09-14 16:52:31

The problem with adding online multiplayer is that it isn't a known quantity of work, I have no idea how long that would take for me to do.  Also there are only ever a few people playing at a time, anyway.  If you want to compete with others, then the Steam version has leaderboards for both times and scores in arcade mode, but I haven't made those accessible yet and made decisions about how they will work with the audio cues 1 mode.

2019-09-14 21:19:25

I have secured 6 tracks for a very generous price.  I'd like to start setting up stuff and updates on Patreon on Monday. I'm not exactly sure what kinds of stuff, besides planning things out.

2019-09-14 21:59:01

For patreon you could do the standard things, like patreons being listed in the credits, early access/beta testing, a tier for having a character in any new story missions, etc.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.