2017-02-13 10:31:43

I'm not sure how many people remember Monster breeder aka monbre.
If not, the audiogames.net page is here
Basically, it's a slightly pokemon like  browser based game, though with only  a few monster types to play with, however lots of interesting enemies, randomly generating equips with prefixes and suffixes, an ongoing story with quests   involving defeating various gods, exploring, and battles with attacks and status effects which aren't automatic.

Development was going well, but the game  went slightly on hiatus while  the developer worked on other projects.

Well, developpment is back!
The developer isn't making any promises as to time, but according to This announcement
We can expect bug squashing, including  access fixes (indeed I've already noticed that it's possible to see  terrain types on the map), and further development  afterwards.

I'm  really pleased to here Monbre is  not only still going, but getting the treatment it deserves, since while not as heavy in  tactics as the likes of puppet nightmares, it's a  really unique game and world with an interesting story and one I always thought deserved more recognition.

Hope this gives others a chance to give it a try. I'm selwin empathicus on there if anyone wnts to say hello.

Oh,  and yes, if anyone was wondering, this is rather in the manner of an announcement than a new release, although since we don't have any pages about  monbre in the new releases room and since this seemed a good time to add one I thought I could stone two birds with one joint as the say ing doesn't go :d.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-02-14 19:23:36

I might give it a go again.

2017-02-14 20:24:02 (edited by JasonBlaze 2017-02-14 20:34:58)

wierd I got a bunch of error mesege when I tryed  to sign up
EDIT: oh never mine! , I could register now hahahaha

2017-02-15 11:04:53

but i have another problem.
i tried to log in but i have a error.
you must login first.
what happened?

hi. i am a dark matter miner. yeah, i am setting mines that when something steps on it, it will explode and release huge amount of dark matters. oh sorry... i am a slave miner, i am mining dark matters...

2017-02-15 18:18:41

Caccio mentioned a similar problem. Apparently creator is aware of the bug, so contact him and he'll help with creating accounts, and also hopefully fix the signup thing too.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-02-16 16:26:57

I decided to give this another go. I'm Mayana Storm on there, we'll see how it goes.

Yes, I definitely left the forum. Mhm. Why would you have any doubt?
Code 7 tips: https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/4010 … or-code-7/
Don't forget to be awesome!

2017-02-16 16:45:14

ah, i have a question.
can i only get monsters in hatchery?

hi. i am a dark matter miner. yeah, i am setting mines that when something steps on it, it will explode and release huge amount of dark matters. oh sorry... i am a slave miner, i am mining dark matters...

2017-02-16 18:06:20

@Mayana, cool. I'll probably be around at some point though i'm rather busy with many game related things right now.
@Music09, yes, the hatchery is the only place to get monsters right now. There is no manamon or pokemon like wild creature catching in monster breeder, or at least, not currently.
Then again you only have five sorts of monster anyway, although the attacks etc you can teach them can vary.

2017-02-16 18:47:30

@music097, you can also get them in the Splicing lab, but I'd recommend you to save that off untill you have 2 strong monsters with a high level.

Yes, I definitely left the forum. Mhm. Why would you have any doubt?
Code 7 tips: https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/4010 … or-code-7/
Don't forget to be awesome!

2017-02-17 12:22:55

any idea where I should send this
Warning: Division by zero in /home1/burnttoa/public_html/monbre/pvtc.php on line 358
Warning: mysqli_query() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, string given in /home1/burnttoa/public_html/monbre/hatch.php on line 180

Warning: mysqli_query() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, string given in /home1/burnttoa/public_html/monbre/hatch.php on line 182

2017-02-17 13:43:50

Try emailing val victus, the developer and sending the bug.
As I said, I think he's on a debug kick at the moment.

2019-09-09 21:06:25

I'm still hanging on, this is one of my favorites.
One day it will finish evolving!

Every day is a good day!
When life gives you a lemon, make lemonade!
Opinions are like arseholes - everybody has one, and they all stink.

2019-09-12 19:40:18

How is this game faring these days?

2019-09-13 04:58:49

Anyone know how to delete or restart an account? I had a one I started a long while back, and have no idea what I'm doing, and I think my monsters I started with aged too far.

The answer to your question is forum.audiogames.net/search

2020-04-05 18:50:55

Well, it's still around and hanging in there!
There have been a few more changes and clean-ups in the last week.
Here's the latest news:
https://www.monbre.com/aforums.php?mode … p;tid=1322

For some reason I haven't gotten tired of this one yet.

Every day is a good day!

2020-04-05 19:14:43

how do you navigate the world map?

2020-04-05 20:07:58 (edited by Garr 2020-04-05 21:42:36)

Using the coordinates to know where and numpad for pc. Hitting the links in the 5 by 5 grid at bottom works too but harder
Okay, here's a better reply from my PC.
First thing you want to do is activate "GPS." It will display the distance to your desired location along with the current coordinates (you can even pick the current town to wonder around without getting lost).
If you can't use the NumPad there is a 5 by 5 grid of links that have the cardinal compass (mid 3 by 3 is 7=nw, 8=n, 9=ne, 4=w, 5=center, 6=e, 1=sw, 2=s, and 3=se).
There is a heading right before those links for easy navigation and when there is a wild mob encounter too.
PVE can also be done with the numbers as well.

Every day is a good day!

2020-04-06 08:41:36

ah thank you! enjoying  the game so far, although I am not sure how to complete the quest from the crazy  old man. it's the one when you have to send your monster to work as a mailman in Silvamed. I am there now, but how to send my monster?

2020-04-06 09:18:52

If I remember rightly, you go to jobs and find it under there. Actually, it's been so long since I played, I wouldn't mind restarting my own account just to get the story. Also really glad this one is  getting work done, it's worth playing for the world and descriptions of attacks alone.

2020-04-06 19:38:23 (edited by Garr 2020-04-06 19:41:33)

Any monster work level 5 or a work type. Also, you can navigate using tables.

Every day is a good day!

2020-04-07 20:23:55

I remember when I first started to play browser RPGS, and I really wanted to play this one.

But in the end, I settled on puppet nightmares, a game which I still play to this day.

Though, I suppose I can start now.

2020-04-07 20:52:34

as far as I can tell, there hasn't been any change to this game in like 3 years since he put up the remark he was bringing it into passive development, but I would love to hear that I am wrong

2020-04-08 01:47:53

Not sure what changes were expected but there were and bug fixes too

Every day is a good day!

2024-03-04 19:34:42

In case anyone was interested:
It is out of development, but still playable.
Hatching, splicing, and training center got fixed.
PVP is broken cause some old players got broken and dev would have to fix each individually and doesn't have the time.
Note: Quest map coordinates are 3 east and 1 south from the coordinates in the document, if anyone is trying to do the quests.

Every day is a good day!