2019-09-10 08:03:50

Hi
I changed the shortcut ctrl + del to the apps key using an ahk script.
Here's the code of the script a long with the compiled version:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/l2go9us7giq70 … r.rar?dl=1

check my sounds on
freesound

2019-09-10 09:08:41

Hey fellow producers sorry I have not been around unfortunately it's been a busy couple months. But the silver lining is that I have completed 99% of the dedicated music forum. And it's ready to explore and populate,
I will post up a guide to sign up later on this evening hope to catch you guys on there sharing your wisdom soom thanks.

2019-09-10 11:43:01

https://forum.audiogames.net/post/460818/#p460818
Link to guide.

2019-09-10 22:42:10

tomas1333 wrote:

Hi
I changed the shortcut ctrl + del to the apps key using an ahk script.
Here's the code of the script a long with the compiled version:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/l2go9us7giq70 … r.rar?dl=1

Hi there. I ran the compiled version of your Apps Presser. I can now press ctrl del to activate the apps key, but, now my del key doesn't work like it's supposed to anymore. even shift del doesn't work. Is there any way I can change it to use my right alt or ctrl key as the apps key? Thanks a lot for your help.

2019-09-11 13:01:15

Hi. Hmm strange, my del key is working fine.
Here's the same script mapped to right CTRL:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wgerzoz84q1qf … l.rar?dl=1

check my sounds on
freesound

2019-09-14 12:29:47

Hey, I know this is quite off topic ans still is. But, I was wondering if tomas1333 could make me the exe file that would turn my right alt key into the apps key? The ctrl wors fine, but, I'm used t have the apps key next to the space bar. I'd PM about this, but, last I heard the PM system didn't work.

2019-09-17 10:41:42

Hi.
Here is it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/57vj4graz8f8dxs
/apps_presseralt.exe?dl=1

check my sounds on
freesound

2020-07-02 11:06:08

yo all, reviving this.
I have some questions about reaper, but there's enough of those topics floating around, so lets just ressurect this generate pool of ideas and tips.
So, firstly, can I move the cursor manually, I'm tired of having to hold down page down to get to bar 129 and end the time selection and then go all the way back to bar 1.
secondly, key shortcuts to change the vilocity of notes you insert?
thirdly, how to 1: make a loop cut off at a certain point, and 2: make a melody pitch down very fast, like what happens when the beat's drums section is about to start and you're hearing the melody and then suddenly it gets lower in pitch very fast and stops for half a bar or so, and then you get the full drums. How to do that?
Fourthly, any good reverb presets for rearverb?

2020-07-02 13:41:49

Use zoom controles to make seek faster or slower.

2020-07-02 18:02:13

I've been doing HH stuff for the better part of 8 years. Started on an iPad with Garage Band, with a midi box hooked up to my yamaha keyboard to trigger sounds. This was pretty anemic at the time, GB wasn't even close to what it is now. I used Audacity for hte better part of 5 years because at the time there was really no DAW out there that was accessible. Basically with Audacity its all copy/paste. And I have bugged some people out with this approach. If you hit the website link under my post it will take you to my soundcloud, if you scroll all the way down you'll find an album called Twilight Zone by an artist called the Phantom. i produced that whole record with audacity, mixed and mastered, etc, only thing that wasn't audacity was some instrument patches flown in from Garage Band, on the Mac of course. Production wasn't as good as it is now but there are still some tracks on there I am proud of when I play them back. I was also still learning how to scratch, so its a bit shaky there also.
I moved to Reaper in 2018, using the SWS scripts, Osara and reapack, which has scripts to make the sampler waaaaay easier to use and do things that traditional samplers do. I make sample based stuff so unlike the Trap guys i don't really use that many keyboards in my stuff unless its to add some extra melodies to something I already have, which i kinda lost the ability of when I ditched Mac. Reaper is a really good DAW but it does have some quirks that can be annoying sometimes when you make beats, for example you can't turn on overdub by default, and you have to hit backslash before you record. This gets super annoying really fast when you lay down 8 bar drum sequences. Also compared to Mac OS there is a lot of tabbing in the windows version, I find it can slow me down sometimes.
Rite now I have an MPC 1000 with JJOS and I'm trying to learn that machine. Believe it or not I'm actually getting somewhere, little by little. What's helpful is even with the amount of options an MPC has, its a simple interface to use, and perhaps most importantly, the cursor doesn't wrap. This is good because on some screens, like sample edit, it remembers what parameter you left your cursor on, so you can scroll through samples and apply the same edits without having to use your data wheel to scroll to the parameter you want. But if I wanna go back to the top, I just scroll left a bunch, or tap the up/left cursor buttons.
As for keyboards, I really wanna move away from software based solutions. Maybe I'll have some anyway on my laptop, for a portable setup and all, but in general, at least on Windows, there's a lot of inaccessible applets for plugin companies, launchers, annoying DRM, inaccessible plugins, etc. Its just annoying and I don't wanna deal with it. I'm sick of asking for help on shit I shouldn't need help on, I know how this music thing works, you know what I mean? So I'm in the market to get a rompler with decent enough sounds to lay atop sample based boom bap beats to give them a bit of character. I doubt I'll be doing super keyboard heavy stuff but hey, you never know.
Similarly, Baringer's model D minimoog clone looks dope! I would love to mess around with one of those!

NevEd.NDO#4838
My community discord:
https://discord.gg/2duutDtGFa