2019-09-09 23:36:07

Hello everyone!
I usually don't do this, and frankly despise those who do, but I wanted to gather opinions on features you would like to see in a calendar, reminder/ time application for windows.
I'll be the first to say version 2 was a flop, which makes the statement "version 3, the best version yet" pretty obvious as the bar is not that high!
However, with a cleaner interface, cleaned up UI and more features, it truly is the program to end all calendar programs.
Here is a sneak peak at what you can expect:
*ability to schedule events with 3 types of alarm: 1 just an alert, 2, an alert with a sound, or 3, an alert with a repeating sound.
*ability to choose events repetitiveness, from a list of over 100 options, from every 15 minutes, to every 10 years.
*ability to have hourly, 15 minute, 30 minute, 45 minute, or no chime announcements for time
*ability to add from a lits of over 500 timezones for clocks.
*a cleaner scheduling interface and calendar display
*tidier installer
*a stopwatch and countdown timer.

So why am I making this thread?
the program is about 90 percent done, with the only things left for me to do is add the timer, and bug test the entire thing more thoroughly, but I wanted to ask you, the users, what would you like included as a feature in order to blow this program out of the water for you?
What would be the feature, or features, to make you sit up and go, hey, what an absolute boss of a program.

Please let me know.
I will do my upmost to include as many reasonable requests as I can!
Thank you in advance

Nathan Smith
Managing Director of Nathan Tech
It's not disability
It's ability!

2019-09-09 23:44:23

The only thing I want from a good reminder/calendar app is the ability to hide itself to the system tray so I can have it constantly open and not in the way. With that, along with your proposals for alarms one more option, whether to display the main window if it is hidden when the alarm starts so you can choose based on how important that particular alarm is for you at a given time. Also, this assumes the system tray menu would allow you things such as dismissing an alarm/reminder.

2019-09-09 23:46:43

I... I really don't know why you have 100 options in a list instead of just allowing a time to be typed in...

2019-09-10 00:35:44

Hi @2 the way I have it set up right now is, when it is hidden, it will pop up a small window saying Reminder! then the text. It will play the sound(if specified) as well. then you click the ok button and the window goes away.
Is this okay?

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2019-09-10 01:10:28

I am actually quite excited about these new coming features. I always wondered how to use this program and maybe with this new version things'll be easier. Love it.

-
"There is beauty in simplicity."

2019-09-10 01:54:47

Yep, I suppose it is okay that way as well.

2019-09-10 03:04:34

So let me be clear on something.
Would I be able to, say, put in a date like October 21 at 10:15 a.m., and have the calendar alert me that I have a doctor's appointment the following day at that time? Or something like that? Is that mainly what this is for?
If so, it might actually be handy. I don't usually forget, but having a quick little out-of-the-way reminder can't hurt.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-09-10 11:10:39

Hi Jayde,
Currently, the program only supports reminding you bang on the time you set, so if you set a doctor's appointment at 10:15, it will remind you at 10;15, however, I will get your feature implemented so that you can choose to have the program remind you prior to the event. Great idea! smile

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2019-09-10 16:00:48

Yep, reminding prior to the event is a must have. I don't want you to tell me I have a doctor's appointment when I should already be there. tongue

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!
Follow on twitter! @ItsBrynify
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: brynify.me

2019-09-10 16:43:27

Not sure what other features are in this so far, but I think it would be great to include a box that if I put in notes along with someone's email/phone number that I could call/email them directly from the reminder popup.
If the calendar could sync with other online services, Google, iCloud, Outlook that would also be great!

2019-09-11 13:32:11

Hello!
The reminder prior to the event is now in.
I didn't even know there was such a thing as outlook calendar, which is funny because after using the API and playing with it, I discovered my mail program had been using it in the background to let me know about amazon packages.
Anyway, I'll definitely see if I can get it to sync up with the big 3 calendar services out there.

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2019-09-11 15:08:09

Hi.

Well, maybe a less intrusive name wouldn't be such a bad idea, calendar crazyness sounds a bit to toy like for me and not really like a program wich should help you organise stuff.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2019-09-11 15:34:59

I admit, the thought had crossed my mind as well.
In a product range that includes names like Luna RSS, Calliope and Sunrise Waterfall... Calendar Craziness doesn't really fit.
I shall definitely consider it, though was worried it would cause undue confusion based on the previous versions released?

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2019-09-11 16:07:21

People advertise new versions of a program with a fresh new name all the time. No biggie in my opinion.

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!
Follow on twitter! @ItsBrynify
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: brynify.me

2019-09-11 16:51:00

Well, you said yourself that version 2 was a flop. So, take the current version, see it as a complete restart and no version 3 and boing, you got youe reason for a more fitting and professional name.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2019-09-27 00:30:23

Hello,
Tis I, the Dardar again.
Calendar Craziness will be rebranded under a new name, which should go nicely with the face lift.
Just a reminder that I'm still taking feature requests right up until the program goes over to the testers.
Right now, intigration with 3rd party apps EG google, outlook, apple calendar are the features being worked on.

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2019-09-27 03:38:59

Any chance you could store the calendar in a .mdb database, to insure crosscompatibility with Day by Day Professional as well? If you are insuring compatibility with Outlook you may have your bases covered in that area since .mdb is an older Microsoft Access database format.