2019-09-08 13:47:58

I'm going to go ahead and warn you all now, if you don't like satire I would not recommend reading into this topic any further because chances are it's going to be full of satire. If you read this topic and are angered by it... I did warn you. big_smile Also message to the moderators, I'm going to apologize in advance if this is against the rules in any way. However, when I checked the updated forum rules it said nothing about making satire topics, so I am going to assume that it's legal and that I'm doing nothing wrong.
I read a forum post recently that was really bad, but it gave me a fun idea. I just spent the last three hours making a convoluted satire post based heavily on that event. What do you guys think I'm making fun of? Also, let me know if I exaggerated the medieval a little too much, or if I messed up some of the references. I wanted to make absolutely certain I got my facts strait before I submitted it here. Anyways, on with the post.
To the king of spain.  I requesteth thy holp on my quest to find my hath lost princess
valorous day, my liege.
I implore thee, prithee heareth my request, for tiz a very noble request indeed.
As of the night of the writing of this letter, i did attend a rather fabulous shakespearean play, and at the same time wast using a magical folding box device with a mirror, which i refer to as a computer.  Whilst using this computer device, i cast a spell which did allow me to talk to people 'round the earth, and my spell cast upon Russia.
After the son hadst set in the sky and the first bell hadst rung, two lassies from spain with the nickname "sin nombre" cast spells upon russia as well.
Those gents did talk to each other, and i very much did like the voice of one of those folk.
Both were using tiny glass boxes, which i shalt refer to as android phones.
There is a device we insert into our computer and android phone boxes, that of which fits over thy head like a head band, which i shall refer to as headphones.  These lassies seemed to has't f'rgotten their headphones, so there wast a terrible echoing sound omitting from their android phones.
I then wrote to the lassies android whose voice i did like.
The lady hath asked me how to remity the offle echoing sound.
I did reply yond the lady shouldst use her headphone devices.
Afterwards i hath asked her for a name.
Those gents began to break with this question with the second wench, as i und'rstand.
Then the lady did reply, gloria she told me.
Next i hath asked where the lady came from.  Humour'riously, both lassies hadst vanished and their glass boxes with those folk, and i couldst not trace what hath happened.
During the conversation, we hadst recast our spells upon Spain.
The second wench did opt not to remity her echoing sound, at which point i wast forced to silence her voice from going through my computer box.
I hath used my time chrystal to capture the conversation, need i play it back once more. I has't attached my time chrystal to this letter so yond thee may hark for yourself.
(messengers note. Mine own king, for thy safety and for the safety of the lassies in the letter, i has't did remove and discard the time chrystal. )
Prithee mine own king, i begeth of thee! holp me save these hath lost princesses from the evil echos which has't nay doubt captured those folk, so yond i may take the wench named gloria back to my home land and declare her my queen.
If it be true these lassies art not familiar to thee, may i asketh to recruit some of thy spanish nights to assist me with the search?
grant you mercy in advance, thy highness!

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2019-09-08 13:59:14

LOL! Now all we need is for dark to record that and put some music on to it. I don’t know how to make a satire of my post asking if anyone has ever met Molly Burke. Can someone please give me some tips? I would like to see what I, or somebody else can come up with.

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2019-09-08 14:07:06

You are refering to the person who wanted the contact information of a spanish girl who he could not get if i am not wrong

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2019-09-08 14:07:34

could it be this topic?
https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/3059 … -la-chica/

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2019-09-08 14:16:00

Lol this is great.

I used to be an aventurer like you. Then I took a knee in the arrow.

2019-09-08 14:18:44

harhaerharharhar, this is great. +1

2019-09-08 14:46:39

Lol nice one, as a random fact, the same dude send out the same request in a group for blind people on Facebook, and if I'm not mistaken, the post was deleted there as well.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2019-09-08 14:54:08

Yes, it is from that topic. And yes, I would love it if Dark recorded this post, that would be awesome.

TWITCH

2019-09-08 15:41:40

Can someone please explain how satire works? I would love to do this with one of my own posts.

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2019-09-08 15:50:21 (edited by vaibhavbhandari 2019-09-08 15:51:31)

Wow! Nice one! It was, to say very interesting big_smile. I too understood which post you were talking about.
+1 to you
Edit: Just wanted to ask, did you write it yourself in that medieval type of way?

I am not someone who is ashamed of my past. I'm actually really proud. I know I made a lot of mistakes, but they, in turn, were my life lessons. Drew Barrymore
Follow me on Twitter, Discord and Instagram

2019-09-08 16:09:56

Only partly. Most of it was from an online translator. I used an English to old English translator, followed by an English to Shakespearean translator. I also simplified the English a little bit so it wouldn’t be impossible for you guys to understand.

TWITCH

2019-09-08 16:24:19

Righto, so.
Satire can be extremely funny. For me, this fell flat.
The archaic English actually doesn't work for me, and to my ear at least, there are a lot of inaccuracies.
Also, I have a bit of a problem with this, in the sense that we're basically mocking the living hell out of someone. Now here's the thing. It's satire, I get it. And the actions which prompted it are definitely not okay, so I'm not defending said actions. It just feels a bit childish to me, especially as we have not, as yet, decided what we're going to do regarding this behaviour in the first place.
So this isn't official. I'm not issuing any warnings or threats or cautions, except a very general one not to go too far. I'm not going to close the thread at this point and you did clarify right at the top that those who don't like satire can leave. Just because I don't find it funny doesn't mean it's not worth having, all on its own. I won't promise you it'll remain, but for now, do whatever it is you want to do.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-09-08 16:48:10

You're definitely entitled to your opinion and I respect it, but I'm sorry - I can't agree with you. After all, what's life without cracking jokes. Also, the joke was light and all in good fun, I wasn't insulting him directly, i.e., calling him names or using any derogatory terms. Like I said though, you're definitely entitled to your opinion. I just gotta ask though, please - unless people take the jokes way too far - please don't close the topic down.

TWITCH

2019-09-08 17:09:09

@Dan_Gero Nice one!
As for whether or not it stays here, I think for now Jayde said as long as no one takes it too far we should be fine. Keeping in mind that satire and comedy in general is very subjective, and, believe it or not, often times not as funny for those who may run into this that don't have a good understanding of English or are using translators. When you couple that with the fact that this is in fact lampooning a user's actions that could create some potential problems. Meanwhile though we all agree that it's all in good fun.
While we're on the subject of satire, for those who weren't around or want to relive this, here it is in case you are wondering what a certain achievement in The Great Toy Robbery means, here's your reference.

2019-09-08 17:30:23

I'm...pretty sure this has very little to do with TGTR, actually.
If you're referring to the stuttering on J-j-Jayde, that's actually an Aerosmith tune. And if you're referring to my general loquacity, that's been a thing since pretty much forever.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-09-08 17:44:55

Have to agree with @13 here. I don't want to live in a world where this is considered more than harmless fun.

We are pleased, that you made it through the final challenge, where we pretended we were going to murder you. We are throwing a party in honor of your tremendous success. Place the device on the ground, then lay on your stomach with your arms at your sides. A party associate will arrive shortly to collect you for your party. Assume the party submission position or you will miss the party.

2019-09-08 19:25:17 (edited by jack 2019-09-08 19:34:31)

Jayde wrote:

If you're referring to the stuttering on J-j-Jayde, that's actually an Aerosmith tune.

That too!
I was actually referring to the j j jayded achievement in The Great Toy Robbery.

2019-09-08 19:30:53 (edited by defender 2019-09-09 06:53:12)

Honestly the only problem I have with it is that it's just kinda shitty satire.

I mean either way the teens are gonna eat it up because they are easily amused and enjoy a good punching bag, but your making it incredibly obvious who and what your talking about, really just rehashing the story in a weird way rather than actually making a new story out of it with elements that point back to or a plot that parallels the original with minimal direct references to it.
You were spelling it out by explaining the computer and headphones for instance, which just makes the reader feel as if your explaining it to a five year old.
It simply drags on and on, there are spelling mistakes, and with the amount of sudo old English you use it just seems like your trying too hard.

Now I'm not saying I could do much better with old English, but I know better than to try as well LOL.
It's supposed to be more vague man, and with such a small community, you'd be better off going for a smaller target or letting things cool down first and then remind people of it while slowly revealing the hints along the way.  This interpretation of satire just feels like getting hit by a sledge hammer, there is no finesse to it.

Maybe check out the onion for some pretty good examples of deadpan satire, particularly around political events.

2019-09-08 19:52:35

I won't argue with the fact that the onion is way funnier and way better at satire than I am now or ever will be. However, I do think they're less subtle than me, and I'm not even subtle myself because it is incredibly obvious what and who I'm referring to. Also keep in mind that this is a product of my 3:00 AM brain. I'd edit it a bit to correct spelling errors and to take out the references to headphones and computers, but one the post has already been written and two a lot of those older English words aren't in my web browsers dictionary, so it'll say they're misspelled anyway. Sorry you don't like the joke.

TWITCH

2019-09-08 20:22:12

Aside from agreeing that this wasn't quite up to par, I see no issue with it either. We know what he's mocking because we saw the topic, but he himself never stated names or a direct target, and nor did he affirm or deny peoples' guesses as to what it was referring to. No direct attack on anyone as far as I can see.

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2019-09-08 22:18:12

The problem is, that that mysrey man is not russian, he is ukrainian!

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2019-09-09 01:40:18

Is he really? Learn something new every day, I didn’t actually know that.

TWITCH

2019-09-09 02:16:26

I will actually agree, and this isn't even a criticism it's just a tip for satire in general, since satirists do have to do this before lampooning something. Translators generally don't have any sense of humor and the joke will generally fall flat. On the other side of the tracks, Google Translate itself has created quite a bit of comedy over how god awful it really is.