2019-09-04 02:50:45 (edited by ulisesmonge39 2019-09-04 04:45:18)

Hi.
I have unlocked all the stars in story mode, but how to unlock all the hats on endless mode? I have 6 of 10

2019-09-04 12:19:02

I think post 45 brings up allot of useful points, though I think one thing that wasn't mentioned is that the simpler you make the game, the more blind people might play it (most of us aren't that skilled or comfortable with gaming) and then the more copies get soled.  Getting to 10000 is going to be incredibly hard anyway, so anything that makes that possible is a good thing for Mytruesound's continued existence.

But I do think that there is a balance that could be struck and that most devs just don't seem to bother.  Difficulty modes, more efforts at replayability, no caps on enemy max stats during endless modes ETC.  Get some experienced audio gamers on your testing team, then give them a version of the game on steroids and see how much they can take, then make that into a hard mode or something.  It doesn't even need to be that complicated, just taking away any extra lives helps...
And I know that running two separate dev paths is difficult, but if you truly do want to sell to as many potential players as possible, then I think it's important to also cater to the experienced players as well.

2019-09-04 14:19:04

A really good insight, defender! One of the goals in AudioWizards was to bring something challenging as we have understood, there seems to be a wide array of easy simple games but not so many truly challenging ones. We're gonna ramp up difficulty definitely in any futures levels but your idea to test the limits of the best sounds like something we could do before that. Thanks for that!

Also, thanks everyone for the support! Game industry especially for a niche genre can be really difficult so every inch of a support is always super welcome! smile

P.S. I can give some hat hints. There's some special condition in the level 13 that unlocks a bosses hat. Some hats are also tied to the amount of special enemies killed in the Endless Mode.

2019-09-04 14:59:02

I got as high as level 10 before I decided to go back and try to get three stars for each level.

Now I'm trying to get three stars for level 13, which I'm finding extremely challenging, and I thought level 12 was hard.

I'm trying to not be one of those people that just breezes through a game and not unlock most of the achievements.

2019-09-04 15:55:02

Hello there, so love the game and bought it on first day of the launch. I do have a couple of questions, of which hopefully, without spoiling, I can ask and receive answers here so here it goes. 1. When Sallamander brings you the Tee, what in tern does that do for your char? I honestly haven't looked and if I am missing something, feel free to let me know.
Sometimes when I do perfect hits, I hear a high ping and or dinging sound. what does this mean? Congrats on getting this game out there and vary much love it lots! keep up the good work. I do have an idea as well. In endless mode, you may consider adding different hats, one for faster game play, or difficulty or just things in general to make game mechanics do different things. I have not unlocked all the hats yet so probs some of my ideas are already in there and I don't know it yet. Hehehehehehehe.

Jonathan Candler, A.K.A, Jonnyboy

2019-09-04 16:19:53

For your first question, that would give you 1 extra life. For the second one, I'm not sure but that might record a good performance result for you or something of that sort.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2019-09-04 17:38:53

Hi!
@Defender, I think there's an alternative to your proposal about game's difficulty, one devs semm not to enjoy that much, considering the games we currently find the most. It is, to me, scenario based games. I know a lot of expressions in French that could describe this strategy, but none that I can easily translate here. The idea is that the more you convince the player that he or she is doing something great, the more you'll get him or her into the game itself.
Take for example  a point and click, a good one if you don't mind, like the wolf among us, what remains of Edite Finch. No real action in these games : actually nothing that could technically bring you into the scenario except that... he's more than good. Voice acting as well as the realisation itself are amazing, making you the main protagonist of something you want to achieve.
That's something that could easily be done with an arcade game like audiowizzard too. Of course you keep countering elemental magic with the same five spells, but there's a reason for it. It could last for hours before you start thinking that you're doing the same thing over and over, hours during which you've started a war, encountered friends and ennemies, learnt about a fascinating world...
It has a cost of course, we're talking about dialogs, voices, imagination. But it probably cost less than months of coding in order to add two or three more concepts in a game.

Best regard,
Simon

2019-09-05 02:21:57

@Arkandias, that is an interesting idea.
One thing I've always said myself, is that I never mind taking repetitive actions in games so long as  I feel I'm part of an ongoing story.

take rpgs for instance. If I need to kill 100 goblins to level up, I will be sitting there, fighting the same goblin 100 times thinking "oh my god! this is so boring."

If however I have a quest to go on with continual bits of information presented every few goblins it changes matters hugely, prticularly. Indeed I don't know why, but just give me a quest, an objective, and I'm more than happy to play for long periods, even doing the same thing, whilst if I'm just playing for the sake of increasing score or levelling up I'll soon get board.

Actually, I'll say in Audio wizards the story and levels you see, the quality of the music etc is quite fantastic, and I'd be more than happy to play through a good more levels of story just to hear what happens and learn about the world.
This is also likely an area where the community can help with voice acting and perhaps more music too for different environments (my lady and I would definitely be up for acting in audio wizards).

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-09-05 11:27:26

Jonnyboy1991 wrote:

1. When Sallamander brings you the Tee, what in tern does that do for your char? I honestly haven't looked and if I am missing something, feel free to let me know.
2. Sometimes when I do perfect hits, I hear a high ping and or dinging sound. what does this mean?

1. Just like Muhammad Hajjar said, the tea Saundaman brings gives you one extra health. There's no cap in the health given and thus if let's say you have three health and three Saundamans bring you tea, you will have six health in total.

2. The high pitch sound is just a way to tell that you're doing a good combo. A better combo fills the Super Spell faster and, if I remember correctly, it also gives better score multiplier in the Endless Mode. You will lose your combo if you accidentally use a wrong spell against a wrong enemy or when you take damage.

Hope this answered your questions!

2019-09-05 21:38:12

Hi
I really like the game. Keep up the good work.
I finished it today big_smile

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2019-09-05 22:53:42

ogomez92 wrote:

Hi
I really like the game. Keep up the good work.
I finished it today big_smile

Thanks, we are very glad that you too enjoyed it.
Did you get all starts and all hats? There is still challenge ahead.
Did anyone by they way got all the hats already?

If you liked the game, remember that you can call your friends, or tell the world what the game was about and that you recommend it. That would help us quite much on our way to make AudioWizards2 and/or AudioWizards Multiplayer.

mytruesound.com - we hear the difference

2019-09-06 01:39:29

david_oliva wrote:

If you liked the game, remember that you can call your friends, or tell the world what the game was about and that you recommend it. That would help us quite much on our way to make AudioWizards2 and/or AudioWizards Multiplayer.

Well, unfortunately android users won't be able to do this as of yet sad

Though our eyes may fail, our ears prevail!
User Karma, every little helps

2019-09-06 03:06:06

I have all stars, but 8 hats. I don't know how to get the other two

2019-09-06 08:04:40

TheBlindSaiyan wrote:
david_oliva wrote:

Well, unfortunately android users won't be able to do this as of yet sad

Yeah, imagine how disappointed we are about this Android thing, because we couldn't do the launch of the game as we were planning. Sure we are responsible of that, because we were coding until the end, but we wanted to get the game as well done as possible. The game has been on their servers since last friday.

But it will be soon there. They said to us that it would happen today. So let's wait a little bit. Hopefully you can enjoy it over the weekend.

mytruesound.com - we hear the difference

2019-09-06 09:37:57

What is the point of getting all the stars? Is there something you can spend stars on?

Thanks.

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2019-09-06 12:23:05

I really, really wish I could try this game now, but having no way to buy it just yet, I'll have to pass until I can buy it in the future. And I hope it's not taken down like echoes of levia or something. The dev sounds very supportive there. I'm looking forward to more of it.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2019-09-06 14:11:51 (edited by siria 2019-09-06 14:35:46)

Hi!
Finally I've downloaded the game and I'm at level 6 now. For what I've played, I agree with what has already been said, I like the game even if I usually prefer something more challenging, I've got 3 stars in every level at the first attempt, but wait, I'm just at lvl 6, right? I especially like the telephone music and the principal voice. Oh, and the level "tea time, story time" is wonderful, I wanted to punch the teacher all level long ahahah. I'll spread the word in the Italian comunity, keep up the good work!
Edit: I restarted playing and noticed that I was on lvl 10, not 6 as i've written. I'm curious about the hats now.

2019-09-07 03:08:44

Can someone explain me what exactly superspells do? I tried myself, but they didn't seem to power-multiply, penetrate, multi-directional hit or anything.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2019-09-07 03:38:45

@nyanchan:
you can freely hit  whatever element with it

2019-09-07 10:50:16 (edited by TheBlindSaiyan 2019-09-07 10:50:46)

So Goldgun is removed from the Playstore, yet AudioWizards is still not out?

Though our eyes may fail, our ears prevail!
User Karma, every little helps

2019-09-07 16:20:59

aha, understood. Thanks!

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2019-09-08 14:30:25

One thing you might try if you want to increase sales would be make the app freely downloadable, and allow the tutorial, first couple levels of story mode, and ond a small portion of endless mode playable as a demo,. The full game would then be unlockable via in-app purchase. Most games I see do well these days tend to use a model like this.

2019-09-08 16:45:40

How do you beet the guy on level 14?

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2019-09-09 08:11:34

Hi!
How can we get three stars on the level where the spells are mixed up because of that terrible sickness? Using the wrong spell detracts from those stars but on the other hand seems inevitable when they are intentionally confused.
Awesome game by the way! Well not just by the way!
All the best,
EG

In the hands of a gamer, word becomes weapon, argument becomes shield, and life becomes a quest.

2019-09-09 10:20:54

It's on android. Stop complaining.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta … &hl=us

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven