2019-09-02 00:10:35 (edited by dalen lewin 2019-09-02 00:15:26)

If you’re like me, then  you were probably wondering what this game was going to be after Gold gun.  Well, put those fears to rest because this is everything that game wasn’t. The gameplay is frustrating, yet fun. The story and voice acting are what you would expect from an up-and-coming developer, nothing to write home about, but not terrible, either. The sound design and music are superb. The game is perfect for its asking price  of five dollars.  So, without further ado, here’s the link
AudioWizards by myTrueSound

2019-09-02 00:20:05

Agreed

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-09-02 00:31:21

so has anybody completed the game yet? how long has it taken? it says 20 story levels but is that 20 levels or are they divided into sublevels?

2019-09-02 00:44:41

anyone have the  android link?

2019-09-02 01:03:03

There appears to be no link in post 1?

-
"There is beauty in simplicity."

2019-09-02 01:26:03

Strange, I coppied and pasted the appstore link. The game took me a few hours to beat. It is 20 levels, no sublevels. It does have an endless mode, though.

2019-09-02 01:36:54

I completed the  story, it took me about two hours too (though I haven't gotten 3 stars on  every level yet). Overall it was fun, I  did have an  issue where the screen sometimes just didn't acknowledge my gesture  for some reason and  I would get hit  by an enemy (I think the button UI was taking  over or something instead of the spell gesture part of it).

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2019-09-02 01:58:25

Not seeing it on Google Play just yet, gotta wait a bit more I guess.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2019-09-02 02:07:49

Also the title of the game is AudioWizards (no space), not Audio  Wizards. I think that's what is preventing people from  finding  it.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2019-09-02 02:09:37

I suspected that, so I tried both. No go just yet.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2019-09-02 03:47:20

What I did was look up gold gun on the App Store, went to the developer page, and found the game that way.

2019-09-02 03:51:42

Modeeration:
Just a friendly reminder that New Releases should be written from a neutral point of view when possible. Please include a link and a description in the text of the post as well. We should really probably perhaps come up with a couple new releases guidelines I think.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2019-09-02 04:45:16 (edited by defender 2019-09-02 15:24:45)

From what I've heard so far on Liam's playthrough, it seems to, at it's core be just another simple hear and react game, which in 2019 is getting pretty old, but it does have some more complex elements thrown in.
Slow level progression, not allot of true difficulty increase, no real incentive to not get hit by enemies, and pretty low replayability.
That said, the music is great and I love that Mytruesound sourced it from the community, the sounds are high quality and fit well in most cases, the voice acting is amusing and the story has humor and heart, with a dash of lore thrown in.
It's not something I'd buy because I'm tight on cash right now, otherwise I would just to support the developer.  But I do think it's a good game for kids or people who are pretty new to the touchscreen or to audio gaming in general, especially with the amount of useful help built in.
I also appreciate the narrow stereo mode being included for those with hearing difficulties, and that the game has included visuals too!  I hope that this type of thing becomes standard in the future for audio games, and I give Mytruesound props for doing it.
Over all I think I would give it 3 stars, but that is from my personal view of things as an experienced audio gamer, and I have not actually played it yet my self so that rating could easily change.
Either way, I congratulate the Mytruesound team on getting another playable game out there, and I wish them luck in the future!

2019-09-02 05:27:09

defender wrote:

From what I've heard so far on Liam's playthrough, it seems to, at it's core be just another simple hear and react game, which in 2019 is getting pretty old.
Slow level progression, not allot of true difficulty increase, very little strategy or complexity, no real incentive to not get hit by enemies, and low replayability.
That said, the music is great and I love that Mytruesound sourced it from the community, the sounds are high quality and fit well in most cases, the voice acting is amusing and the story has humor and heart, with a dash of lore thrown in.
It's not something I'd buy because I'm tight on cash right now, otherwise I would just to support the developer.  But I do think it's a good game for kids or people who are pretty new to the touchscreen or to audio gaming in general, especially with the amount of useful help built in.
I also appreciate the narrow stereo mode being included for those with hearing difficulties.  I hope that this type of thing becomes standard in the future for audio games, and I give Mytruesound props for doing it.
Over all I think I would give it 3 stars, but that is from my personal view of things as an experienced audio gamer.
Either way, I congratulate the Mytruesound team on getting another playable game out there, and I wish them luck in the future!

It may be a hear and react game at its core, but it’s definitely not simple. The first few levels are easy, but it gets harder and harder. There is also strategy involved as well  and it’s gets pretty intense the further you go on.

2019-09-02 05:50:25 (edited by defender 2019-09-02 05:52:20)

From what I heard, the difficulty ramp was very gradual though, and even the bosses didn't really seem that threatening or truly unique.
As for strategy?  How so.  All I could think of is choosing when to use your power spell, but you only get that half way through the game and it's just one small thing.  I'm probably missing something.
Admittedly, the spell selection adds an extra step, but it's quite easy to get that down and the enemies move slowly with very light penalties for being hit, so there is no real sense of urgency.
Personally I found sixth sense more difficult and it's similar in allot of ways.
Then again like I said, this is from the point of view of someone who is comfortable with a touchscreen and who has played audio games for most of their life.

2019-09-02 06:26:08

defender wrote:

From what
I heard, the difficulty ramp was very gradual though, and even the bosses didn't really seem that threatening or truly unique.
That’s because they’re not truly bosses. You need to keep going to discover the real bosses, and trust me, they’re very hard. As for strategy?  How so.  All I could think of is choosing when to use your power spell, but you only get that half way through the game and it's just one small thing.
When you are getting overwhelmed, you need to time the powers spell. You don’t want to use it at the wrong time.

2019-09-02 07:07:29

where is the link for google play store?

Thanks and regards.
Madhusudan
Visit my youtube channel to dive into accessible tech tutorial.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvVJNv … 9wXunGvl9A

2019-09-02 07:30:33

Doesn't look like it's made it to the Google play store yet. Hopefully soon.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2019-09-02 09:11:02 (edited by Dark 2019-09-02 09:14:15)

I gave this a try last night.
the voice acting  is  amusing, if a bit nuts in places and some of the humour had me laughing, also the sounds and music are excellent, and its good to have an audiogame with actual graphics (I can't see much of them on the Iphone screen, but I do like the sparcles everytime you cast a spell).

In terms of gameplay, yes, the game play is more arcade style, however the fact that your using a touch screen does change things up a bit, rather the way that the gameplay in feer wasn't quite standard. For example, each time you hear an enemy there is one of twelve possible gesture combos you need to perform. Whilst this won't be hard for experienced gamers it required enough attention to hold my interest and not become a grind, the way some basic hear and react games do when played for a long period

while I wouldn't say this is literally "difficult" it can get a little tricky in some of the later levels when challenges and bosses are introduced, especially challenges and bosses that alter the rhythm or the sounds required, indeed at the moment I'm on an interesting boss who  changes all the sound cues into words, and odd as it sounds, when you've got used to swiping up every time you hear grinding rock, having to think "earth," "dirt," or "ground" with the same gestures does change things up some what, or maybe it  is just playing late at night whilst tired I don't know big_smile.

I wouldn't go as far as  using words like "strategic," but there is slightly more here than the average boppit, at least for the first couple of hours.

I will say, I have two basic problems with the game play. The first, is that the speed you can fling spells and thus the speed of enemies is limited. This means even in the endless mode the game never becomes a crazy enough speed to get ridiculous the way Feer does, and difficulty mainly occurs through finding an enemy out of rhythm or mishearing a cue, the second, is that the levels are a wee bit too short, especially those that involve interesting challenges such as having your swipes changed up, or needing to not hit a given enemy, though whether these will be unlocked as conditions for endless mode I don't know.

I also have a miner design niggle. The story mode has I believe 20 levels (I'm currently on level 15), yet endless mode features all the monsters and boss types from the story mode, so unless you want spoilers you can't really play it until you've finished the story mode, (I played endless mode and was killed by a boss I hadn't encountered in the story yet).

this effectively means at the point your ready to use your unlockables, you've already unlocked them big_smile.
so, unless there are extras to unlock  in endless mode which I've not run across yet, the unlockable system, whilst fun is not quite as extensive as I expected due to the game design.

All that being said, the game is actually rather fun for what it is. Where gold gun took me less than 20 minutes to complete, I've already been playing this one for about an hour yesterday, and have more to do, especially if you need to ace each level to unlock all stars. Also, since the story mode is entertaining in and of itself, its something I could see me replaying in the future just for the experience.

So, while the game is certainly not going to change your world, its a nice way to spend an afternoon, or maybe its just that I am a bit less inclined to be down on a game because it isn't a super rock  hard absolute challenge and am quite content to just treat it as the bit of fun it is intended to be.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-09-02 11:19:48 (edited by Still_Standing 2019-09-02 11:28:07)

where is the appstore link?

And as anyone who's gone mountain climbing knows ,The serene snow-covered peaks that look so tranquil from a bdistance, Are the deadliest
sound is my vision
i rarely check my private messages on the forum, so if you want to contact me please use my email, or dm me  at oussama40121 on tw

2019-09-02 13:12:29

black_mana wrote:

where is the appstore link?

Here's the link for App Store: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/audiowiza … 27591?ls=1
Unfortunately Google Play release will be delayed a little bit. Seems like there are some problems in the review process and why it's taking so long. We'll keep everyone updated on the matter.

Also, thank you everyone for the feedback! We really appreciate it as there is still much room for improvement!

2019-09-02 13:53:10

I found it by simply searching for" mytruesound"

Leave out the quotes.

2019-09-02 15:17:55 (edited by defender 2019-09-02 15:25:38)

@GlorryMaster
Thanks for explaining, I probably should have waited until Liam's playthrough was totally finished before making a judgement.

@Dark
I totally forgot there were visuals!  I love it when visuals are included for those with partial vision, as truly blind people make up a small subsection of the over all community, and this includes more potential players.  With the narrow stereo field option as well, this game can really appeal to many more than most audio games.

I may buy it after all, if I have some extra cash in a couple months.  It's still not really my kind of game, but the community sourced music and extra accessibility options, as well as the amusing cutscenes are definitely worth supporting.
I've also edited post 13 to be more fair now that I know a bit more.  I don't want people stumbling across it and getting the wrong idea.

2019-09-02 16:21:19

Hi!
I just spent one hour playing, and it ooks pretty good so far. Surely there's no much replayability, but for a first true project it's a really good job.
I'm experiencing one particularly anoying issue though. Sometimes while swiping up or down, I would accidentaly open the notification center or the controll center, even if I'm playing with only one finger; I think it has something to do with multiple quick swiping movements which are considered by my I phone as multiple fingers swiping at the same time, just me guessing. Are you experiencing that too? Do you have any solution ? Can we, for example, temporarily disable those gestures?

Best regard,
Simon

2019-09-02 17:05:43

@Arkandias, I had that happen last night when trying the tutorial, but it only happened the once, I believe its related to where you swipe on the screen, since I found going middle up or down worked fine.

@Defender, yeah, I can't see much of the visuals myself, but I love watching the sparks and the little light cues for each spell.

While the difficulty is not steep, the game is fun and it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to add in rewards for replay ability, EG make the unlockable hats unlock at increasingly higher scores in endless mode, or give specific random challenge missions or continuous stat tracking achievements as Feer does, for instance getting medles for certain numbers of different enemy types destroyed, numbers of perfect hits or partial hits etc.

Even as the game sounds, I suspect it'll be one which will be fun to pick up now and again for a quick blast and maybe wis through the story mode again just to laugh at  Sondaman's tea obsession big_smile.

Btw, it'd be really cool if the music was available on Pc. I know its possible to hear in the game, but its the sort of soundtrack I'd like to hear on my big quad speakers, and since Itunes is the spawn of Satan it'd be cool to have the soundtrack available, apart from be good exposure for the music's composers.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)