2019-08-20 17:04:03

Well i thought that a game  bassed on game of thrones will be very intrresting. Many fans of the series have ben qwestioning about diferent scenes for example what if Robert did not kill Hraiegar Targarien what if jon had never arived to the wall? what if Tywin lannister was not killed by Tyrion? All those qwestion are very interesting because they reimagin the story line.
So in this game you begin as a simple caracter you can gain status in the medieval fantasy world of game of thrones, You can chose you side and your hous Lannister Stark Targarien and all the others you can chose where to be in westeros or in essos. In the begining the story will be the same but as you progres you decizions will change it drasticly, it will have many dialog scenes where you can chose what to say and do, and depending on your decizion the story will change drasticly.

The kombat mayt be in a sideschroller style so you do not have to go through options like in an Rpg game.
After a battle your choses   change the entire story, you have the posibility in a dialog scene to say some thing and then Who knows? that thing probably will change your characters, so some dialog decisions that you make can change the caracters relation to you and that can change the story as well for example  Hraiegar will not dye and so on..
The game can begin from the battle of the trident from there you can chose Baratheon side or Targarien but during the battle in a dialog scene you can change sides as stated above.

You will probably find you caracter in stange situations if your decisions are not made carefully, In other conflicts you can chose other sides and the story will have more ramifications.
What do you think is that a good game idea?

---
"A good ruler gives the goblet to his servants. He never drinks from it himself. The servants need his glory. He does not cary the flame alone.
For a spark does not lit the flame, but the spirit holds it in place. Forgeting that leads one to destruction.
(Enhemodius before the Altar of the Broken)"

2019-08-20 17:41:21

All I'll say is good luck. Idea is not the same as implementation - something I have learned time and time again, as late as last year in fact.
Besides, even if you do manage to write the story and code the engine, you might have some trouble with the legal aspect.
Come to think of it now, it sounds like you're trying to make a game book thing.
chooseyourstory.com, last time I checked, had a pretty accessible story editor for making just  that, gamebooks.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2019-08-20 17:41:54

It  would be a good idea. Especially as we have nothing like it in our community.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2019-08-22 00:55:41 (edited by bgt lover 2019-08-22 01:03:57)

@2: I agree with you about that one. The idea is verry great indeed, but, depending on @1's  programming knowledge, this could be hidiously hard, if not impossible to make for even mainstream companies may take much time and many  credits to complete such a complex project.
This type of game may require, i think, a totally new way of coding like using decission trees and such in which I'm not rehersed at all, so any advice, article or book will help not only @1 but also me learn.
What legal reasons could there be? What could happen?

2019-08-22 03:26:49

Hi.

Urm well, even the mainstream comunity doesn't ahve something like a complete and full fledged RPG in the GOT universe, accept the telltale games.

Also, good luck in gaining the rights for using the universe in the game.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2019-08-22 15:47:14

I do not know exactly how to begin the development of this. First i think i should create the story line. When the reader goes to an another specific page  there it will find alternative endings and ramification to the original story,. But how to implement this? Can some one recomend some resources on this type of game?

---
"A good ruler gives the goblet to his servants. He never drinks from it himself. The servants need his glory. He does not cary the flame alone.
For a spark does not lit the flame, but the spirit holds it in place. Forgeting that leads one to destruction.
(Enhemodius before the Altar of the Broken)"

2019-08-22 17:12:48

What you suggest will require lots of work, not to mention lots of money or begging for Martin to allow you to use the universe in the game. Shocker, he's not gonna allow it.

2019-08-22 18:21:28

Well there's game of thrones ascension on android which is kinda accessible? That was the game that came to mind when I read this, it's the closest thing. Maybe try that out.

2019-08-22 18:30:14

While I have never seen GOT, yes I know, creating a game takes a lot of work, dedication and resources. Even with my own game I find like it is never complete and there is always something more to add.

2019-08-24 16:05:05

It is then better to make the original game itself accessible instead of trying to duplicate. But as far as experience goes, even A Hero's Call can only go up to a certain extend of randomness.