2019-08-20 16:23:17

Hey guys,
I've decided to try and master audacity. I guess i've mastered all things, except mixing.
So can someone explain how to properly mix? Like, i import the first file, then i set cursor/selection where i need the second file to start, then i import the second file but it still syncs them so they bowth start from the beginning.
Urg, i know my english is meh but i still hope you understood something. If you don't understand let me know and i'll try to rephrase.

2019-08-20 19:08:38

That's like asking a surgeon how to operate using only kitchen cutlery.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-08-21 10:55:14 (edited by flackers 2019-08-21 11:00:38)

You need to copy and paste rather than import. After you have imported the second piece of audio, make sure it is the only track that is selected, then cut the audio. Now position the cursor where you would like it to start, and paste it back in. Also you can have several instances of audacity running at the same time. It's sometimes easier to open the new audio in a separte audacity window, then select the audio portion, and cut/copy and paste it into the original window.

2019-08-21 18:31:50

1. Open auda
2. import the file
3. set the cursor
4. press ctrl + n, to open a new instance of auda
5. Import the second file, and press ctrl + c
6. Now, create a new stereo track, arm it, and copy the file from the second instance to the first one

check my sounds on
freesound

2019-08-21 21:04:46

I usually just import everything and solo what I'm working on then go into the tracks menu and use the line up end to end feature, makes life a lot easier.