2019-08-21 03:42:40 (edited by Zarvox 2019-08-21 03:49:08)

Anyone who knows me knows I don't spend my time wisely. I don't have friends to hang with, getting a job is not worth the bull shit you go through, especially when you just get rejected, and I'm not going to college until the spring. My dad wants to do things with me. But I don't know what to do , because it's different than hanging with friends. But what really makes me not want to hang out with him is he is socially awkward about everything. He mixes the weirdest things to eat, talks about random topics that an 18 year old typically wouldn't care about, and my favorite, talks about all of his drama with friends. Ironicly, he is 63 but the drama he has with his friends makes them look like teenagers. So technically I would be hanging with a teenager, but that's mean so I am not going to say that. But he is one of those people who judges others for the simplist things he doesn't like, and always talks about how he doesn't want to hang out with them, but the next week, he is hanging with them again. And why does he feel the need to tell everyone about his teenage drama? I don't know!

Point is I'm not completely against hanging out with him, but it's going to be hard to find something that I am interested in that he will be interested in to, or have a conversation where I would actually want to pay attention. But interestingly enough I am perfectly ok with spending time with him and his friends. It is just hanging out with him alone that I am nervous about. So maybe I should ask him if he wants to do something with his friends and that would work better for me. Instead of trying to look at it as him doing things a teenager would do.

I think I went way too harsh on my dad in this post, but understand how awkward and complicated my thoughts about time with him are.

I'm sure 60 people are going to view me negatively for this. I'm not the best at explaining things so I am not even going to try revising what I wrote. I'll just deal with the responses I get for not revising my post.
Edit why did I put 60 people? I don't know. I just chose some random number.

2019-08-21 10:37:50

I hope this question doesn't sound hurtful or in any way offensive to you, but why don't you hang out with friends, what is that which you don't like about it? Years 15 to 18 are the most vivid, beautiful, joyful, active years that will never come again in your life. Speaking from my personal experience and others' experiences whom I've talked with, nothing comes close to teen years. You won't ever enjoy the same freedom and the lack of responsibility you get at that age. College years are really tedious as you have to deal with everything on your own. You won't have a principal or master, or head teacher, or whatever you call him/her in the USA. There will no longer be a teacher who needs to talk to your parent because things aren't going well with you. You have to be self-sufficient and take control of all the circumstances on your own.
Getting a job before college is the best thing you could do and it doesn't matter how many times you are rejected. It will definitely help you be more flexible and efficient in every respect. Actually, as far as I've read in some articles from The Guardian, and other newspapers, professors at colleage/university prefer having students having had work experience after high school as work grows them. I'd definitely recommend you use the remaining time before college to find a job and work. Don't get discouraged if you are rejected.

2019-08-21 12:24:39

@2 I would love to hang with friends. But they either have a job, hang out with other friends, or don't hang out with their friends. Either I'm very unlucky or people don't like me. Most I can get is an empty promise to hang out, sometimes I don't even get that. And no, I don't think it is because I am blind, or I hope that it isn't.

2019-08-21 14:34:05

oh it definitely is.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-08-21 17:30:17

I dunno. I've been blind since birth, and while I've never had a huge friend base, I've also never lacked for a few close friends, either.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-08-22 19:22:22 (edited by ogomez92 2019-08-22 19:23:13)

Hi.
I don't know you at all, but here is my 2 cents.
You are getting rejected because you act like a blind person.
Words like "I hope I don't get rejected because I'm blind" make you act like a blind person. You have insecurities, and that probably makes people avoid you. I went through the same shit before university, and there's only one way to cope with it. be yourself. get out more. And I don't mean go to parties, I mean try to meet people in your environment.
Then again, if ou don't want to hang out with anyone that's fine. If you want to hang out only because you think  you should, don't bother. You're probably better off sitting by your computer, just like I was at age 10-13-15 and perhaps a a bit older.

hth

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2019-08-22 19:49:58

I strongly disagree with post 2 about teenage years being the best of your life. Even if you had a relatively good high school experience, which I certainly did not, pretty much everyone is awkward or insecure about something at that age. You don't have the life experience to be able to cope with things, so you end up doing tons of self-destructive shit you regret, or don't do anything at all with yourself, which you can also come to regret. It's a cliche, and I hate to say it, but honestly, adolescence is a sucky time for pretty much everyone.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2019-08-22 20:44:02

@Zarvox, is your post a question or just a rant out of frustration? There seems to be multiple issues brought up so I am not sure if it is more about you or about your dad.

2019-08-23 10:34:31

It was a question, but I ended up answering it in the post.

2019-08-23 13:17:52

What was the answer to your own question then?

2019-08-23 15:22:06

Join activities he does with his friends