2019-08-20 14:37:55 (edited by sightlessHorseman 2019-08-21 13:39:48)

Update so, i noticed that there were some gaps in the email, screw bluetooth keyboards and commands not coming through as they should, should be fixed now though.
hey everyone.

so i'm sure you all have received those mails with person in need for some quick money and bank data. You possibly deleted them and haven't given them a second look. Me as well, but I was wondering, what if you reply to those? so, i lay there waiting, waiting for my pray to set foot into my trap and oh hey, here we go.

All mails are original from the last few days, may get a bit lengthy

My alias here is James, don't ask me why, just came to my mind.

I removed all the heads and unnecessary info for this post so you can have a better read.

Hope you enjoy 
To: undisclosed recipients: ;
Subject: Sorrowful Trip(I need your help)....Johan Cornelis
I'm writing to let you know that my family and i are stuck in London, UK has been a mess We got mugged last night at gun point and lost all cash,credit card and cell phone. It has been a scary experience,Thank God we still got our life and passport saved here with us.
Our return fight leaves in some hours from now but we are having problems settling our hotel bills, i need you to loan me some money, I'll refund it back to you as soon as we arrive back home Kindly let me know if you can be of help so that i can tell you how to wire the money to me via western union.

Awaiting your positive response.

CORNELIS JohanZaakvoerder / Manager
Ready for Solutions BVBA

Interimmanagement - Change Management - OrganisationGeneral Management - Financial Management - Supply Chain

A short google search turns up that the website and the person do exist and have been used in other scams already. i guess it was grabbed from a data leak.
The original mail was send out by a yahoo server in Istanbul, the rest of the mails were injected from Lagos Nigeria, what a surprise.

So, I thought, let's bring it on and see how far I can go.

Dear Johan,
sorry to hear about that. Of course i will help you. Please mail amount needed and transfer details. Hope to hear soon.
Kind regards

And 20 minutes later, the answer is in my mailbox.

Glad you replied back to my email, we are freaked out at the moment, I'm grateful to God that we still have our life and passport save here with us because it would have been worst if they made away with our passport. as we speak all we need is $1,700 to sort all our bills here i promise to refund you as soon as i am back home today you can have it wired to my name via Western Union, all you need is the name on my passport and current location Here's my info below:
Name:Johan Cornelis
Amount:$1,700
Once this is done, kindly get back to me with the confirmation number (MTCN)Please let me know if you're going to Western Union outlet now
Awaiting your positive response..

Remember the hotel address here.
Well, quite a large sum of money, so, before we continue he should do some homework and actually get working a bit for the money.

Hi Johan,
always glad when i can help. Just was round the corner at the WU office. However, the clerk there told me that they have a new Fraud Protection System (WUFPS) which requires an authenticy certificate of the receiver. So kindly send a scan of your passport asap, so that i can send the money today. I'm out in the afternoon, so better hurry up :-)
Good luck

Huh, someone isn't really happy about that.

Thanks for all you have done to get us out of here but unfortunately, there is no way i can get the scan copy to you at this time. Is there a way you could do it on their website? I mean online instead. Let me know asap.

No no buddy, you aint getting away that easily, let's bring out the grandpa.

Hello Johan,
oh no, that is much too complicated for me, you, see, i am 79 and so glad just to master my email. Why don't you ask an officer in a police station to do it for you. I have been in London once, and found the police very helpful (you sure went to police station to report the mugging, didn't you?) I hope you can find i way i can help you, but without the passport it is not possible for me
Blessing to you

Sadly, I never was in London till now, all though I planned it some day, but that just for a funfact.
Well, his excuse is quite week, I already thought he had given up.

OMG,We have been to the police and the embassy for help but they said we should come back in the next 2weeks,coming back home is the best option for now

But gratious as I am, I give him another chance.

That is not very helpful.. I have another idea: I got a friend in London that could help me out.. You could pick up the money from him. Where are you staying in London right now?
If you give me the street address, he can pick you up and give you the money too
That would be the ideal solution, i think
Still hoping to help you

Now he's starting to lash out at me and starts talking total nonsense, well, he received one on the 12 with a gun right?

Omg...James are you kidding me or what if i wasn't the one i will not ask you to wire money to my name because we both know I'll show my passport as an ID to identify myself before i can receive the money and kindly put yourself in my current predicament, you know if you are the one in need I'll sure help you out without asking any question and i am freaked out and mentally unbalanced right now due to the shock of the mugging and i was hit on my head with a Gun...Please kindly wire the money to me now as i have a limited time here and I promise to refund you back the money as soon as i am back home. Let me know if you are wiring the money now.
I owe you a lot,

Huh, not nice of him, and I tell him exactly that.

Hello Johan,
i am quite astonished to hear such harsh words from you. Wasn't my proposal for your very best. What better could happen to you than to get the money in cash from hand to hand? As of what you write about Western Union, I do not know about these subtleties. So where are you staying?
Still trying to help you, though it is not easy
Including you in my prayers

Good, I have him on the hook again.

I am really freaked out here and scared to meet anyone or go out of here now.You can also have the money wire to me online with your credit card....visit www.westernunion.com you click on send money online after that you will have to register with them then you proceed to the next step, all you need is my name and location, Here's my info below:
Once this is done, kindly get back to me with the confirmation number (MTCN) senders name and the amount sent,

Noticed how the hotel address suddenly changed?
Now, I'm pulling out the grand son joker, yeah, old one, but it worked out fine.

Hello Johan,
very sorry to hear that. I think, you will need medical or psychological support very urgently. As of Western Digital: This looks very intimidating to me, but I'm expecting my grandson soon, perhaps he can help me with that.
I beg you to hold on and keep some sanity

He smells morning air and thinks that he's in control now.

Are you helping with the funds now by wiring it online or you can also have the money wire to me via Money Gram, locate any Money Gram outlet or store to have the money wire to me now, all you need is my name and present location Here's my info below:
Once this is done, kindly get back to me with the Reference Number. Please let me know if you're going to the Money Gram outlet now
I owe you a lot.

And, another address change, back to the first one.
But, let's put the brakes on again, at leased a bit.

Dear Johan,
i don't know what Money Gram is. But my grandson has just arrived and he said that 1700$ is way too much to get from London to Germany So may I ask, why you need that much money?
Helpful as ever
James

Ok, he has the answer.

Thanks a lot for your kind gesture towards me the $1,700 is the money for the hotel bills, cab to the airport and other expenses I promise to refund you back the money as soon as i am back home today.Money Gram is another way to wire money to me here, it's very fast and easy you can search for the nearest Money Gram outlet online at https://www.moneygram.com/wps/portal/mo … ndlocation now and have the money wire to me via Money Gram or online via western union.

Ok, let's ask a bit more.

Dear Johan,
i would really like to help, but i need my grandson's help with the Western Union. He is unwilling however, as he says, he wants to see prove.
Could you therefore please tell the hotel to mail us the room bill so i can convince my grandson that you are honest (which i believe, of course). Please act quickly.
Hoping to be helpful
James

Ok, I got him.

Thanks a lot for your kind gesture towards me I'll have the hotel email you as soon as possible and have the details and the amount send to you but if you did not get any email from the hotel you can call the hotel manager on this number and talk to him directly on my behalf and know how to settle my bills and get me home today....You can contact the hotel manager on this Number +447045761718 The name of the hotel is sector hotel, Please kindly call him now because i am really freaked out here and i have a limited time before my flight.
I owe you a lot,

Ok, let's hop onto google and search for sector hotel London. and look here, trip advisor already has a scam warning in place with the exact hotel name. The warning is already 3 years old, so those scammer ideots never changed their script even though you can find the scam with this hotel pritty easily?

I receive a billing confirmation from the suspected hotel, but what's this? A simple E-Mail. Come on, at leased give me a PDF with a propper head to look at leased a bit proffessional.

We have just been informed by our client (Johan Cornelis) that you need a confirmation of the bills owed by him. I, James Fritzerberg, the managing director of sector hotel hereby confirm to you that (Johan Cornelis) is owing our hotel the sum of ($1,700) which must be paid within some hours and she has advised that the payment will be coming from you.
Once again, we advise you make this payment within the stipulated time.

Thank you,
James Fritzerberg
Managing Director
Sector Hotel
London, United Kingdom.
+447045761718

Ok, he did his homework quite nicely for us, so let#s make the guy happy.

Hello Johan,
sorry, i have been out for the afternoon. Your hotel sent a confirmation as i did not doubt. So as i still do not know how to handle the Western Union website,
I gave the money in cash to my grandson and he managed to send it to you by Western Union. This is the the number he gave me, he said, this is all you would need:
MTCN 8419386228
As the hotel told me, that the hotel bill is already $ 1700, i gave him $2000 to transfer, so you could buy a flight ticket as well.
I trust in god, that you will return the money as soon as possible and include you in my prayers.
To know one has done a good deed makes for a sound sleep, as my mother always said.
Travel well, i hope to hear from you soon
James

Or wait, not yet.

Omg....are you kidding me or what the MTCN you gave to me is incorrect because i just came back from the WU and i was told that they has no record for the MTCN you gave to me i was embarrassed and ashamed, please i want you to verify the MTCN very well and i want yo to get back to me with the scan receipt from the WU so that i can show them at the WU here
Hope to read from you soon.

Stupid as he is, i suppose he would walk over there a second time.

Hello Johan,
oh, i'm sorry, i couldn' find my glasses this afternoon.
Now that i read it again, it seems i misread the 8 in the middle as a 3
So please try
MTCN 8419886228
instead.
The best to you
James

Yeah, but still nothing.

What is the senders name and how much did he wire to me and let me have the scan receipt of the transfer because i am being ask for the scan receipt of the Transfer at the western union here.
I owe you a lot.

Grandpa might be a clott, but can you trust the grandson?

Hello Johan,
i'm sorry, as i told you, my grandson did it for me. He just gave me that number and said that would be enough. I gave him $ 2000 as i told you. I will see him tomorrow, but perhaps you can reach him by his mail [email protected]
Perhaps the Western Union office can get direct contact with him to make things faster.
Sorry for the inconvenience, i really did my best
Yours

Ok, he's agro again.

I just email him now please kindly call him and tell him to reply to the email he receive from me and get back to me with the full details of the transfer so that i can be able to pick the money now and get on my flight back home because i have less than 2hrs more before my flight leaves and i don't want to miss my flight.
I owe you a lot

Switching over to the grandsons mail address, he really get's stormed right there, 4 mails, all with the same contense.

Thanks a lot for you help and concern towards my predicament Please kindly let me have the full details of the transfer from the western union. Let me have the Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN) Senders name and the amount you send to me.
CORNELIS Johan

I think, let's send the grandpa to bed.

Hello Johan,

i managed to reach my grandson now. This is what he told me over phone. Sorry, i got the number completely wrong, but my ears are not as they used to be, too:

Sender: Capar Melbalth
Amount: $ 2000,-
MTCN 8153954776

I hope this will settle things and that you will catch your plane and be home this evening.
This has been a very exhausting day for me, so please do all further mailing with my grandson if necessary, as i have to go to bed now.
I will include you in my prayers
Yours always
James

Come on, give up already.

Omg....James are you kidding me or what the MTCN you gave to me is incorrect because i went to the WU again and i was told that they has no record for the MTCN you gave to me i was embarrassed and ashamed, please i want you to verify the MTCN very well and i want yo to get back to me with the scan receipt from the WU so that i can show them at the WU here
Hope to read from you soon

I just noticed right now that this is an exact copy from a mail he already send me ealier.

The grandson shows his true face, we knew all along, but the scammer didn't.

Hey you stupid scammer,
thanks a lot for helping me to $2000. My stupid grandpa really would have sent that money (if he could), but i think i have better use for it than you, har, har.
Why don't you go to the police and complain? ROFL :-)))

The scammer runs to grandpa like a little baby, but what would you expect from a degenerated fuck like this?

This is what i got from your grandson....Let me know if you are helping with the loan now and kindly get back to me with full details of the transfer once you are done
attachment, grandsons mail.

Now grandpa gets to be angry grandpa.

Dear Johan,
i do not understand your mail and i cannot believe it either. What is a scammer?
My grandson has always been helpful, honest and polite to me, this mail can't be his! I have no reason to doubt that you got the money, he sent you.
Are you trying to fool me and to tell me that you didn't get the money, so you don't need to pay it back? In this case i will inform the police immediately. I find it very shocking of you to try to deceive an old man! I'm excpecting your excuse and the schedule, when you will be able to pay my money back (please add extra $115,- for transfer fee)
Still trusting in your good character
James

Ok yeah, slowly it's getting old, but he just doesn't get it.

Omg....James are you kidding me or what or grandson didn't wire any money to me he was just lying and gave you the wrong MTCN, refunding is not the issue for now you help me out of troubles and i'll surely refund your money back to me but he didn't wire any money to me i have been to the western union office here thrice and i was told the same thing that they have no record for the MTCN you gave to me for you to be sure he wire the money to me tell him to give you the western union receipt for the transfer and you can have it scan and send to me asap....I am freaked out here.
I owe you a lot.

Let's see if it's ok now.

Hello Johan,

do you understand that you're accusing my grandson with a criminal offence? I phoned with him and he sweared he sent the money and i believe him. Still i want to see the best in you and give you a chance to prove you are right. Please go to the Western Union office and have them send an official writing to me, that they didn't receive the money. I want an official writing, not just an email!!
Otherwise i'm going to inform the police.

Finally, silence! A PDF with official western union head body and so on seams to be enough for this guy, at leased till now.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2019-08-20 16:31:36

Hello,

You made my day there! I can't stop laughing at that guy!

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2019-08-20 16:54:43

Hello.

Ah, scammers, they're fun to mess with.

There's lodes of phone scammers getting messed with on youtube and I think there's scammmers like you've mentioned on there too.

You might want to go through your post, and edit it if you can, some emails didn't get pasted.

I'm gone for real :)

2019-08-20 17:00:59

a heavy pile of xds from my side.
Thanks
Ishan

life's battle do not always go to the stronger and faster man,
But sooner or later who win the one who thinks he can!

2019-08-20 17:40:00

I found this very hilarious. You really made my day. Even though he isn't to bright and didnt figure out that you realised, he is a genius because ... he knows the meaning of thrice.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2019-08-20 18:12:10

you made my day lol

2019-08-20 18:40:44

Awesome. I'm showing this to my friends and I gave it a thumbs up.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2019-08-20 19:03:10

Hi there, thanks for making my day, it's fun to mess with scammers, though sadly, some people really do fall for it and end up bankrupt.

2019-08-20 19:32:18

this is just.... lol
we need youtube ones

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2019-08-20 20:08:18

Wow, it's really fun to mess with scammers and I always enjoy reading/watching things of such as much as I enjoy doing it sometimes myself big_smile. Those scammers (while they already steal some dupes sometimes), They think that they are smart and able to fool others so easily. Let them fall into the results of their deeds, That's the least they deserve. You made my day, thumbs up to you, really laughing lol.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2019-08-20 21:38:19

Wow, so nice of grandpa to send the 2000 dollars for the poor Johan lol.
I can't stop laughing omg.
Yeah I get a lot of scam emails.
A lot of super rare investment opportunities and the like.

2019-08-20 22:27:42

They actually call it scam bating and its conciddered a sport by some.
I have never heard this guy but he calls himself scammer 911, or something, I forget where, but he was interviewed on radio last year.
He has managed to bait and succeed with the same scammer for an average of 2-6 hours in totle mainly 3 hours, multiple locations and times using his voice to generate multiple caricters with sounds and all.
I can't find his stuff but either he holds on for ages, or he  holds on for a while then kills of his caracter only to use a similar one again.
The object of scam baiting is to keep your scammer engaged as long as you can.
That may mean using a vm, or spair computer to let them hack in, and making mistakes and all sorts.
There aparently is a record for doing this, its a bit risky so I guess it could be counted as an extreme sport.
The really good ones are probably recorded somewhere.

2019-08-21 01:42:12

Hi.

Yeah I always wanted to test one of those windows support center type calls with a VM, I yet don't know how the best way of that would be. I guess I can give it network access and teamviewer stuff somehow.

Greetings Moritz.

2019-08-21 06:10:02

hmm... that scammer's righting stile seams familiar...
I wonder.

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2019-08-21 06:51:47

Hello.

Here's a couple of links to scam calling channels.

Kitboga, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm22FA … WeFszZxUKw

The Hoax Hotel, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnNlJN … 8XrKHOEPug

2019-08-21 07:02:04

I love this!
I loved how you went with different scenarios/situations.
best regards.

2019-08-21 07:03:56 (edited by Dark 2019-08-21 07:07:51)

Wow this is hilarious! thumbs up.

Btw  when is the last time you heard of a woman called James?
Plus, ----- just to point out logically that dollars wouldn't be acceptable payment in a Uk hotel without converting them, plus while there are some parts of London where someone might get mugged, muggings with firearms are much less likely due to, ---- mmmm, I don't know, guns being illegal in this country?

Though I don't get much email spam these days  after switching to thunderbird, we had a spate of phone scammers last year, what was worrying is we even knew where they got the data since British telecom were the only people to have my title listed as "doctor" at that point and the scammers addressed me as "doctor"

The really hilarious one was the one who  woke my mother up at twenty past six in the morning then when she said "why are you calling this early?" the scammer said "early! why are you in bed, it is not early, it is after six! you you are lazy! you should be awake!"

Yes, they take your money, give you life style tips and! are extremely rude into the bargain!

I personally find them a great stress reliever, since there's nothing more satisfying than being quite justified in yelling at someone!

I even had one lady refer to me as "A barking dog" at which point I replied by doing my best impression of a bulldog, "wooof! wooof! wooof!" big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-08-21 07:08:06

I'm in the minority here. I actually didn't find this all that funny.
Okay yes. Having a scammer on for awhile is kind of a laugh. But the way you did it? Really, really awkward. Also, you had multiple situations where you didn't put the right info in, so your thread didn't really make a lot of sense at certain points.

Some scammers are idiots, as this one clearly was.
Some of them are actually really, really sneaky, so be careful if you want to bait one.

Also, some things that look like scams aren't. For instance, do any of you folks remember the random phone call where you'd hear a ship's horn, followed by "This is your captain speaking", offering you a trip to the Bahamas or some such? Yeah, thos  weren't scams. They were high-pressure sales tactics trying to sell tickets. I looked them up, did the dirty work, and even had one on the line for awhile asking for details. If you're willing to pay right then and there, and you can afford to get yourself to wherever they're launching from, and if you can pay the port tax or whatever it's called, then you can go, and while your cabin might not be the best, you'll pay almost nothing for it. I balked when I asked the guy if I could have half an hour to do research and he said no; at that point I told him that he'd lost a sale, because (or so I claimed) I'd rather do my research and know what I was buying than be bullrushed into something I don't understand. Sounded like a genuinely nice guy though.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-08-21 07:16:18

Hello.

@jade, yeah, the  post could do with a bit of a clean up.

I've got to agree with dark and the wrest though, calling a scammer and waisting their time is great!

2019-08-21 07:24:52

Another funny YouTube channel for scams I found, I’ve been watching him for about three years, his name is Malcolm merlyn, if any of you want to check him out, the link is
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_b1bY … wIoIXP0zPQ

2019-08-21 11:02:02

I also watch malcam marlin and it is very funny how scamers react, haha. another cool youtube channel is scamer revaults

Let's make this forum again a place where wont be any drama.

2019-08-21 13:21:35

Hi.

Jaide, what do you mean with didn't put the right info in? For correction, a sample would be a good idea.

Greetings Moritz.

2019-08-21 13:28:50

What I mean is, the version of the first post I read sees the person double-posting certain mails. As in, I think they meant to paste mail 8 into the sequence, but instead they just re-paste mail 7, so when mail 9 is pasted, there's a logic gap.

I'm not going to go pasting bits of it, as I personally found the whole thing pretty painful to read.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-08-21 13:30:07

Hi.

Hmm that could be, seamed that there was a copying issue somewhere, I have to check that again.

Greetings Moritz.

2019-08-21 13:40:30

Well yep, there seamed to be a problem, just went through there and updated the topic with the correct mails this time.

Greetings Moritz.