2019-08-14 01:37:31

Alright, downloading now.

2019-08-14 18:46:06

Hot on the heels of 0.1.01, version 0.1.02 has been released, fixing some sounds, and changing menu music. This update also compiles sounds into a DAT file. It should be up on the website by now, As I'm writing this just as the transfer via FTP finishes up. Again, contact me if you have suggestions or questions, or post below.

-----
YouTube
GitHub
Discord: @tunmi13#1880

2019-08-14 19:20:16

Tunmi, why is the EXE 7 megs. I think you packed your sounds in there. If you did, there'sno need to include the sounds.dat file.

-
"There is beauty in simplicity."

2019-08-14 21:37:22

If that ends up being the case I'll remove the dat file in the next version.

-----
YouTube
GitHub

2019-08-15 03:39:13

might  i recomend an auto updater so we don't have to redownload the game all the time?

2019-08-15 07:53:55

it does not bother me, personally

2019-08-15 15:08:10

@TheTrueSwampGamer: That's exactly what I'm trying to implement.

-----
YouTube
GitHub

2019-08-16 19:58:54

InstraPlanet Version 0.1.03 is out, go grab it now now now now! LOB.
Okay, so here's the situation. I am struggling to make an updater, but to keep things on topic, please get in touch with me if you are able to provide me some tips as to how I can make this updater. I've tried, and well, let's just say it's nothing comparedto how far I've come along with this thing, which isn't far, so far. LOL.

-----
YouTube
GitHub

2019-08-20 02:27:39

Hi guys.

As you guys  have probably already figured  Out, version 0.1. One is in the works. It also explains why I am taking a while, because I’m adding some more instruments, and a now fully functioning updater, thanks to Mason for letting me use his updater for my game. If you guys have any suggestions, now would be the time to bring them fourth, as I might include them in The next version.
Thanks

-----
YouTube
GitHub

2019-08-20 02:43:47

what would be kind of cool is to add a menu where we can make our own instraments, and add sounds for them ourselves. and then submit them to you for possible entries in the program.

2019-08-20 03:46:31

yeah that would be cool @36. we could also have contests!

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2019-08-20 13:57:06

I was thinking about doing something like that, but in web form. Then again, like I said, there's always e-mail, so you can send me your files there along with key mapping and I can decide from there.

-----
YouTube
GitHub

2019-08-20 16:03:41

Tunmi, just a suggestion, can you make the menu open sound a little quieter and shorter? It's a little too loud and long for me, but that may just be me.

2019-08-20 22:53:07

Ty, it seems you are hacking my computer just to read the changelog! smile
That's exactly what I'm doing, in fact I changed all the menu sounds thanks to SoundBible.com, I found a few button and click sounds lying around and implemented them as menu sounds.
Oh, and just in case, I was joking about you hacking my computer. Hahaha.
Oh, and I forgot to mention. The updater will now return a no updates alert if updates were not found. I thought I'd say that because I was going to release 0.1.1 without implementing that, and I just remembered, so, your welcome.
Also, I'm recording the black keys of the keyboard, I'll add them as follows:
Since A=C, W= C Sharp
Since S=D, E= D sharp
Since D=E, R is blank
Since F=F, T= F sharp
Since G=G, Y= G sharp
Since H=A, U= A sharp
Since J=B, I is blank
Since K=C, P= C sharp

Hope this makes sense.

-----
YouTube
GitHub

2019-08-20 23:22:24

Reverb for when you release the keys. The piano sounds very unnatural just cutting off like that

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2019-08-21 17:22:25

@41, I don't think reverb will be possible do to the OP not having the wrapper for Lav.

2019-08-22 20:34:31

Unfortunately I can't promise any form of reverb anytime soon. Besides, I mean, when you are at a piano, there is no reverb in the sst place, unless its a digital keyboard.

-----
YouTube
GitHub

2019-08-25 04:20:28

Version 0.1.1 is almost out. I've recorded the black keys of the piano, I just now have to assign keys and trim trim trim.
The thing that's currently holding it back though is the drum set, I got to figure out what's going on with it. I'll post in the dev area for assistance.

-----
YouTube
GitHub

2019-08-27 10:07:30

Cool Thing, have searched for such simple Music programs for a Long time. I realy hope to see more instruments in the future. Since I am playing Keyboard myself, new sounds are always good. I am excited where this goes, Keep it up, though.

2019-09-09 11:51:40

Hi guys ,
Sorry for the silence. School is back in session so its going to be a slow process in terms of updating. I will code on the weekends.

-----
YouTube
GitHub

2019-09-10 05:34:10

do you want me to help with the drum machine? give me the code, and I might be able to fix it.

2019-09-10 14:17:39

It would be nice if... Here we go!

• You can change octives for piano, and or being able to use the whole keyboard, and the number row for... Black keys? Or alt for sharps?

• Maybe shift as a peddle key, for longer release. Theoretically not hard, just have to make a sound that has the same key, but with  peddle, and make it die when the shift key is released.

• Drum machine would be easy, possibly with multiple packs?

• A cool thing would be recording. Now bgt doesn't exactly have a record function to my knolidge, but I think I can write you one if you awnt it.

Ok, that wasn't as much as I thought it would be but stil...

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2019-09-10 15:08:06

I can also help with the drum set. and if you  want it to use the screen reader, not just in the menus, put these two lines at the start of your main function.
if (screen_reader_is_running(1))
install_keyhook();

2019-09-14 18:17:40

@redfox:
I'm implementing the black keys as the QWERTY row of the keyboard, but the pedal is actually worth considerewruong on my end. Maybe I should make the left and right shift keys change sustain separately for different sections of the keyboard. For example, the A S D. F = left, and G H J K = right.
@Ty: I have the code implemented but it is not working, I'll investigate and see what's causing it.
@rory: That would be very helpful, please add me as tunmi1112 on Skype and we can go from there. Or, @Blind_tunmi13 on Twitter via Direct Message.

Original post that I was coming to write:
There is now a Skype group for InstraPlanet where you can share suggestions and just be a player base, you can join with the following link. I'll also update the InstraPlanet details page on my website with the link to join, it will be in the details page navigation menu, where the download and back buttons are.
https://join.skype.com/FPXzci2ELR2L
Enjoy!

-----
YouTube
GitHub

2019-09-25 02:58:36

Hello all,
If you guys aren't in the Skype group, you can now join on this page, http://tunmi13.jc-hosting.me/InstraPlanet.php
Also, you can now sign up for the InstraPlanet Beta Program. In this program you'll get to test later versions of  IP, keeping in mind there may be bugs.
Fill out the form using the link below to be one of the ten random beta testers picked using an app called Randomize List for iOS.
The top 10 the randomizer displays will be put in a separate skype group specifically for the beta testers.
I'm accepting responses until October 1st, so you have about 7 days from the time I'm writing this post to submit an entry.
I'll also post 3 days prior to the deadline to remind you guys.
Okay, enough said, here's the link:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Wll8o3 … ested=true
Thanks!
P.S. You needto provide your e-mail, because you'll be sent an e-mail if you do win. All users that don't win will get nothing, unless there were only ten responses in the first place, then everyone wins.

-----
YouTube
GitHub