2019-08-20 02:05:06

maybe sometime he mite remake it in pythone?
it lags and crashes sometimes.
you know what? just forget I sed anything. I doen't wanna get flamed.

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2019-08-20 15:13:05

@trajectory
Let me first say that I respect all the time your devoting to getting the web site back into working order. I hope everything is going well with that. Not to be a pest, but is there a progress update you could give us? How is the effort going?

2019-08-20 15:44:53

Look like the server still down.

Hearthstone Tag ID: RobotWizard#1265216

2019-08-20 15:57:13

superb wrote:

@trajectory
Let me first say that I respect all the time your devoting to getting the web site back into working order. I hope everything is going well with that. Not to be a pest, but is there a progress update you could give us? How is the effort going?

Very very close now.
GRRR, I've been saying that for the past two days.
Wanna torture your worst enemy? Make 'em get Postfix and Dovecot working together...
The site itself is actually up. It can't be made public though without email working. With any luck another hour or two. Then Aaron and I have to make sure everything works before putting it live.

Official server host for vgstorm.com and developer of the Manamon 2 netplay server.
PSA: sending unsolicited PMs or emails to people you don't know asking them to buy you stuff is disrespectful. You'll just be ignored, so don't waste your time.

2019-08-20 18:43:29

oh my, Postfix is a real pain, hope you best of luck.

2019-08-21 02:56:51

Hello.
Has there been a hack on the server hack or something? It's taking me to a mail.caturia.ca site.
What's going on?

2019-08-21 04:29:53

I hate email servers with a flaming passion.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-08-21 05:44:05

Hey Aaron &
Trajectory!!!

Thank you for fixing the server!!! I able to trade again!!!! Thank you!!!!

Hearthstone Tag ID: RobotWizard#1265216

2019-08-21 06:10:49

Once again, I would like to apologize for an incident which resulted in both VGStorm and the Teraformers download/license being unavailable for the better part of a week. Quite honestly it was as a result of an error in judgement on my part.
There was no hack, so nobodies data was compromised.
If some of you still can't access it, what you are experiencing is a result of DNS propagation and unfortunately all you can do is wait it out (probably not more than a few hours).
Once again, there was no data breach, and there was certainly no effort by anyone to jump ship/ close up shop.

Official server host for vgstorm.com and developer of the Manamon 2 netplay server.
PSA: sending unsolicited PMs or emails to people you don't know asking them to buy you stuff is disrespectful. You'll just be ignored, so don't waste your time.

2019-08-21 15:20:46

Still down for maintenance

2019-08-21 15:54:03

I get this. VGStorm is down for maintenance. Please check back in a couple of hours.

2019-08-21 19:04:29

Okay. It looks like the site is restored. However, I have one question. Why, when we type vgstorm.com are we taken to this Caturia?
Thank you for all that has been done.

2019-08-21 19:59:09

caturia.ca is I believe trajectory's website. I asume you're being redirected to it because your DNS has not fully provvigated yet. You'll have to wait anywhere between 24 and 72 hours depending on your internet provider. You can also go into cmd and type
ipconfig /flushdns
to speed up the process. Hope that helps.

2019-08-21 20:41:31

What do you mean by being taken to caturria? You mean you are being redirected too caturria.ca?
Yes, you will find references to that in VGStorm's DNS records, for instance, because caturria.ca is my own domain name (hence the server's hostname and location of the name servers).
There could still be DNS inconsistencies floating around. You have to wait until the TTL (time to live) expires on your ISP's DNS cache and they update it with new, correct values from the name server.

2019-08-21 23:15:51

server is up, but forwarding ports is a pain. a royal pain.
I wanted to play with my friend but cant. we doen't know what's going on.

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2019-08-21 23:23:29

lol Forwarding ports has always been a pain. Aaron didn't address it three years ago, and he's very unlikely to address it now. Same with the other dozen and a half game-altering issues he's got going on.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-08-22 00:16:12

Why can you only play against one other person? I'm a beginner, and I was able to paste the network code from bgt and make an infinite player base easily. Just shows how much knowledge you need for bgt. But it is absolutely ridiculous you can only play against one person. especially when you pay 40 dollars.

2019-08-22 02:21:54

You can play only in two player mode because, although teknically possible, the developer deemed it not logical to fight against two players according to the current architecture manamon is built around.
About the port forwarding, it really a pain in the ass. I tryed to play the online palace punchup and it did'nt work, same for any other games written in bgt.

2019-08-22 03:26:24

Playing with multiple Internet opponents should be possible. It's certainly possible in the offline mode. IMHO this whole thing appears to be a severe case of laziness. This is absolutely unacceptable for a commercial product!

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2019-08-22 03:52:04

I personally have no problem what so ever getting ports forwarded because I know what I'm doing and my router has UPNP enabled which means I can pretty much have it done in a few seconds, but I can understand why it might be an issue for some people. I would also like to question once again where aaron baker is in reguards to keeping an eye on this forum. He seems to pretty much only post when he has to, and that isn't all that offen.

2019-08-23 00:55:56

how can you tell if your router has u p n p?

2019-08-23 09:40:14 (edited by defender 2019-08-23 09:44:04)

I don't usually say this kind of thing simply because I've seen too much unfounded criticism already, but Jade don't you think anyone else would have gotten a caution for post 41?  I can imagine you telling them they are just stirring the pot, and that it's disrespectful to a developer, and that it doesn't need to be rehashed...
This is exactly why I always have a separate personal account with no tie to my admin account, weather it be on a game or forum, and like I said right at the start, you really should have done that.
Maybe that's just my style, terse, simple, as consistent as possible moderations with as little question and answer session or justification of my actions as possible, and a request that any issues with my moderation be discussed with me or another staff member privately, but it sure seemed to keep the BS down...
Anyway, my intention is not to derail this topic, so I'd appreciate it if people wouldn't take this as an invitation to once again dog pile on Jade and use him as a punching bag to the detriment of the forum.

2019-08-23 22:42:10

I will ask again.
how do you know your router has u p n p?

2019-08-24 01:53:31

Hello. You can enable or disable UPNP in your router's web interface. That being said, Googling it is certainly faster than asking again.

2019-08-30 18:14:26

Update:
There will be a brief period of additional downtime commencing this afternoon at around 3:00 EDT as I work to complete necessary maintenance which I chose to short-circuit last time in order to get things back up and running. I do not expect it to last longer than a few hours.
@Chris, perhaps before you start going around calling people Lazy you should really take the time to understand what developing such a "commercial product" in the audio games scene actually implies.
How many hours do you think it takes to develop such a large game as a one man team? Several thousand? Ask me how I know. Perhaps all of the 30 minute long side scrollers in this industry made an actual profit, but a game of this size absolutely cannot hope to come even close. So a "commercial" game of this size can only hope to recuperate a small fraction of that which was spent on it's development in terms of labour alone. It works out to something like $3 per hour if you really break it down.
I find it incredibly disingenuous that developers are demonized for not being able to implement 100 percent of the community's wish list when not a single one of those wishes come along with an offer of contribution to the project that would make it possible. A Hero's Call had to be crowdfunded in order to even exist, and there are features which were promised by Out of Sight Games (graphics) which haven't been spoken of again since release and probably aren't coming due to lack of resources.