2019-08-20 07:02:48

wait, you made them run on iOS 13? How?

Add me on Skype, search for The Evil Chocolate Cookie

2019-08-20 15:54:29

You just put the ipa files to your apple device and they work. Well actually ps1 doesn't work on my SE, it won't even start.

"Hello Jerry."
"Hello Newman."

2019-08-22 05:04:15

hey, could someone do a full walkthrough of PS2? I need to see some strategy for the second submarine level, you know, the one with the bubbles?

2019-08-22 08:34:33

And here's something else we can use. If downloading the apps individually from the link in a previous post didn't work, Try this one. Even the original Papa Sangre works from this link, at least on my phone. Just as a side note, I did pay for these games, but just when they went away, I got a new phone and lost all hope of getting them back. Here's the other link
www.jennios.com/ipa.zip

2019-08-22 13:38:08 (edited by Minionslayer 2019-08-22 13:39:12)

@53:
PG13 did a stream playing the game start to finish.
I'm pretty sure that Jessie from Illegally Sighted did a playthrough too. Not entirely sure though. It was either PS or PS2.

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (Minionslayer#2980). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Twitter at @Minionslayer2.

2019-08-23 00:03:56

It was PS1.  I believe he was planning on doing a play through of PS two, but I don’t think anything came of it.

2019-08-23 02:56:34

thanks. I found that file right after I posted that.

2019-08-23 20:48:59

Hello all,
So I've read this entire thread from start to finish.
it sounds super complicated, but like it could work.
could someone, who has gotten ps2 to work on their phones, please pm me or something?
I'll need someone to quite literally sit there with me on Skype, or some other form of communication and walk me through this thing.
that's if some kind soul is willing.
Aaron, you mentioned in an earlier post that you had an SE.
So do I, though I'm not on IOS 13.
I'd love it if you would be able to help me, just because we have the same exact phone.
I do understand however, if people are far too busy.
However, in reading this entire thread, I've gotten rather confused, and I'd literally need a step by step walk through. lol
thanks!!!

"Hope is the thing with feathers that perches with in the soul, that sings the tune without the words and never stops at all."
Emily Dickenson

2019-08-23 22:17:45

I could help you. Its actually not that complicated. The only thing you need to do before putting the ipa files on to your phone, is to create something called app specific password on apple.com. Its under the security section I believe.
Then, download cidia impactor:
www.cidiaimpactor.com
You'll also have to download the game that you wish to play.
After that, open cidia impactor and connect your apple device to your pc. then press alt, two times right and five times down. You should be on a button called instal package, press it, locate your game, and then type your apple ID and your app specific password. The ipa file will start instaling automaticly, so give it a few minutes.
After waiting check if the game you want to play is on your home screan.
That's it. Your ready to play!
I hope this helped!
If you have any questions, ask.

"Hello Jerry."
"Hello Newman."

2019-08-23 22:41:11

I am having some issues retrieving my app-specific password with Jaws and NVDA. Without creating an entirely-new password, I can't seem to get the text for the password. I think some finagling will be the answer, but figured I'd share in the event others are having the same issue.

What game will hadi.gsf want to play next?

2019-08-23 22:50:06

No issues here

"Hello Jerry."
"Hello Newman."

2019-08-24 02:41:11

Strange, what screen reader and browser are you using?

2019-08-24 04:34:54

Wait so is the app specific password thing done so this impact thing works?
I'm not quite understanding where it comes in.
Like I said, I'm seriously nervous about doing this. This is my only phone, hence my wanting someone on the line with me on Skype or team talk or something, as I'm doing it.

"Hope is the thing with feathers that perches with in the soul, that sings the tune without the words and never stops at all."
Emily Dickenson

2019-08-24 06:24:28

how do you get to the armory for endless mode in audio defense? I can't find it.

Power is not the responsibility of freedom, but it is actually the responsibility of being responsible, it's self, because someone who is irresponsible is enslaved by their own weaknesses.

2019-08-24 11:56:34 (edited by Minionslayer 2019-08-24 12:00:11)

@60:
You might have to use NVDA with an add-on to copy speech history to the clipboard. NVDA announces the password but I also haven't been able to focus to the text field with the password.
@63:
I'll happily go on TeamTalk with you. I've set up IPA files up before and would definitely help you.
@64:
Click on endless mode, you should fine a set of 2 tarot cards. On the top right-hand corner, you should find the armory button.
Hope this helps everyone

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (Minionslayer#2980). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Twitter at @Minionslayer2.

2019-08-24 15:06:51

the link for the cidia impactor is broken.

2019-08-24 15:17:19

http://www.cydiaimpactor.com/

2019-08-24 16:37:24

@67, that would be so awesome.
I'd love that. If you can pm me your tt info, and a time that's good for you, we can work something out.
thank you so much, I really appreciate it.

Emily Dickenson

2019-08-24 16:55:40

@68
I just PMed you.

2019-08-25 09:44:46

Check the articles room. I made a guide for those who might need it without looking everywhere for it.

2019-08-25 17:49:56

@70:
Nice article! A couple of corrections though.
1. You may want to rename the article slightly to make it more general. Something like "How to Install IPas on iOS?
Maybe you could put  a disclaimer for people who don't know what an IPA is saying that this method is how to install the Somethin' Else games.
2. I'm being nitpicky hear, but this works for iPhones and both iPads.
I can confirm that the same process works for Windows users too.

2019-08-25 21:01:03

Hey guys,
So I have been thinking of trying this but have a few questions:
1. Do the apps last for a week? I read on here that with some method you could only use the apps for a week, but that hasn't been mentioned lately, so just checking that it applies. If it does last for only a week, do I need to generate a new app password and reinstall the app to continue using it?
2. Is there a limit on how many times/how often you can do this?
3. I was wondering if anyone had the following games, assuming they still worked of course...
Ear Monsters
Sixth Sense
Echo here to play
Mouse Kick
That's all the big ones I was thinking of, which I used to play quite a bit when they were new.
Thanks.

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

2019-08-25 22:57:55

@71, thanks for the tips. I didn't know the same thing worked for iPads, partly because I wasn't sure if those could run on ipads

2019-08-25 23:12:57

Dang, I wish this would work wireless somehow, my lightning connecter is broken and I couldn't repair it just yet.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2019-08-26 00:58:34

The really unfortunate thing about PS1 is that a huge mechanic of the game is broken: Stepping on terrain that woke up the hogs and would chase you. You can practically walk through every level in a matter of a minute, and not having it fully work the way it was originally developed kind of defeats the whole purpose of the game. No matter, it was still fun to take a stroll down memory lane.