2019-08-06 12:27:11

@24, I've really heard that a lot, but I've never tried it. Even though it might be the time to.

Paul

2019-08-07 02:05:00

Hey guys. Just wanted to let you know that I just made a contribution to the repository that uses Git LFS for the game assets like dlls and sounds. So now if you clone and pull the repo, you should be able to build the code and test the current state of the project. Which, to be honest, isn't much, but just to ensure the code is indeed working. Thanks again Nolan for the suggestion to use Git LFS. Really handy!
We now need an idea for the kind of game or games we are going to develop. There is some discussions going on in the Skype group, so feel free to join and participate. I also have a TeamTalk server on my domain. Maybe we can get that going for us to talk.

2019-08-07 12:07:11

nice. Going to pull the changes

Have a lovely day.

2019-08-09 16:21:12

I'm not a contributor to the project, but I would like to thank kaigoku and all the others for providing more info on how to use versioning-control software like Git!

What game will hadi.gsf want to play next?

2019-08-14 23:06:25

Hey guys. Just a quick update.
So, we are taking off with this small project. Good discussions are being had, and contributions are beginning to come in.
That being said, we don't quite have an idea for the game just yet. If you guys have any suggestions as to what we should make, feel free to throw them out here. You don't have to be a contributor to make suggestions. We're happy to hear them all. I feel like we could potentially make anything. The only thing is actually sticking to something. I might even check out some game idea threads on the forum. We have an expandable map system, thoughts about good sound libraries to use, good screen reader support, and other incoming things. Never too late to join in if you want to get in on the fun! smile

2019-08-15 00:03:37

I'd love to see either A.  A horror atmosphere post apocolyptic survival type thing with jumpscares, E.G. abandoned school with ghosts, space station with aliens, abandoned military base with radioactive mutants what ever, where you can't do much but run.
Or B. a stealth game where you mostly avoid fights, and use suppressed weapons, hand to hand, knives ETC to take out targets or get specific documents, with limited ammo and possibly a time limit.
Both of those things would be a bit of a breath of fresh air IMO, at least in this community...  And wouldn't require the drama or headache of a multiplayer game.

2019-08-15 12:57:17

Don't tempt me. I really don't see that Halloween thing from last year getting made by Halloween this year, unless maybe 2011 Aprone got excited about it.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2019-08-17 00:44:16

I suggest creating a game emulating a film even if not an entire film, some scenes will be ossum.
For example, you could develop a level to be the fight with smaug in The hobit, another could represent the great battle with orks, nasguls, ents and gods know what from "The two towers, lord of the rings".

2019-08-19 00:36:09

Quick update. An agreement has been made regarding the game. I think our main goal is to make a couple of minigames with coins and some complexity. We're going to try avoid replicating games found in CrazyParty. We don't necessarily want to make a game like CrazyParty, but it might be a little similar. If you have suggestions as to what mini games to make, feel free to suggest. I really like the horror game concept. There may be a game or two with this premise.

2019-08-19 20:07:24

Just change the coins to something else that fits the theme better then maybe?  I mean we already have too many games with coins and powerups on a grid, we don't really need more.

2019-08-19 22:18:28

Sure, what's your idea?

Paul

2019-12-29 17:04:23

I want to help in developing, but I can't use skype. Can I fork the repository and do something from todo list, then send the pull request?

2019-12-29 17:32:50

Certainly.
If possible make a pull request describing the changes you've made.

Paul

2019-12-30 08:43:52

Well I am no coder, but if you need a beta tester either in source or compiled, as well as sound desighn, I can probably help.
I have access to a few free and some payed libraries gdc mainly and a few others.
I have a workstation with 16gb ram and one of the semi latest 2nd generation ryzen5 cpus.
I allready use github to test beatstar sources and npm.
If you need me I am here, I also have a load of time as my work is freelance contract.
While that has occasionally landed me a high paying contract, most of them are reasonable, bar a few days a year, where I have government research which is worth more than any opensource project is in fact its my most highly payed gig of all, I should be able to handle most things unless it falls on weird days in spring, mid summer or winter.
So basically if you want something and I am not about I am grinding my nose somewhere else for someone else, for cash and a meal so yeah bar that I can work all day and night.
My timezone is gmt+12 hours, so for those of you on the other side of the world its probably likely I can't participate actively in any group else be outside the descussions but I can certainly talk on here, be in some email descussion group, etc.
Skype, well I never liked the interface but if you guys are interested, I can setup a descussion group on groups.io for the project if people want to talk on there.
It would be easier for me to well do whatever with that though I probably won't be talking all the time.
When I did run on a skype group, I spent time reading messages and well I couldn't really be active.
As long as you take that I am going to potentially answer questions up to a day behind then I can do it.
Oh thats also why unless you ask I won't attend any audio conferences because timezone wize its just a total bastard.
If you are in the us or europe then time is backward for me.
If you are in some island nation or something like argenteena or something really weird maybe I can manage it but yeah.
Oh and if you want me to test online my time will be limited due to timezone.
Now if you are ok for that, but still think there is room for me to be night watchman or something thats fine.
If not, oh well at least I put something up here.
Sounds like you are getting enough interest.

2019-12-30 09:39:31

- You could make a version of Candy Crush.
- You could make an adventure game with objects in each room that you can interact with, and there could be little mini games. For example, if you are a knight at a tournament, you can do jousting, where you need to raise your shield and position your lance and horse correctly. There could also be detailed entities in each scene that anyone can add depth to. For example, talking to a merchant could yield details on their life. It would allow multiple levels of coding knowledge.
- You could make a text adventure game with sounds. Like World of Legends or the Waists, but with sounds.
- You could make an educational type of game with different minigames demonstrating different science or physics concepts. For example, if the game was showing Bernoulli's principle, you could have Romans making a set of pipes down to the city from a mountain lake, and they can't make the water flow too fast into each house.
- You could make an arcade setup, where you are some person walking around and accessing different games people have made, and collecting points or achievements from each game.