2019-08-11 23:17:13

@24, please do not use Flite. It sounds horrible. Instead, use Accessible_output2 which is now available on pypy.

pip install accessible_output2

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!
Follow on twitter! @ItsBrynify
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: brynify.me

2019-08-12 04:21:43

masonian wrote:

@24, please do not use Flite. It sounds horrible. Instead, use Accessible_output2 which is now available on pypy.

pip install accessible_output2

I looked at its readme file and it doesn't seem to support any output methods on Linux. If that is the case, it is a nonstarter for me. Do you know if these are available or if anything is planned?

2019-08-12 04:23:35

KenshiraTheTrinity wrote:

I'm on xp. Used to work there long ago.

I updated to Python 3. In its system requirements, it says only vista or newer is supported. I have no idea the requirements for sdl and the sound player.

2019-08-12 08:30:24

Neat. This game takes me back for sure. Thanks for this.

2019-08-12 13:01:15

Hi.
It is nice that this game is updated.
My question is why if I am confirming any option during game play I have to use spacebar instead of enter key.
I dont understand why enter doesnt activate selected option

2019-08-12 13:34:52

btw nice work, hmm looks like the trap to avoid when i have to run is more tricky, it faster than the original 1, but nice job, it more difficult

2019-08-12 14:31:14

I'm excited to play this again!

2019-08-12 17:30:26

Hi.
Wow. Really nice that you've updated the game. It brings so many great memories from many years ago. Keep up the great job... big_smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2019-08-13 01:36:08

@27, it supports eSpeak via the python-espeak wrapper on Linux. I've tested this myself.

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!
Follow on twitter! @ItsBrynify
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: brynify.me

2019-08-13 22:49:14

One question: How do you access that scene where the light is cut and the cages of the monsters are opened, which in one part apparently have to be shot when they sound? From what I can deduce is in the basement, maybe in the middle of the maze. I try to get around the wrong path but I only cross the monsters themselves that I'm killing them. I spent the whole adventure right and complete millions of times since I knew the game but I never got access to that part.

2019-08-16 15:52:27 (edited by AlexN94 2019-08-16 17:16:23)

Time to go play this again! I always really liked this particular game, one of the first audio games I had the joy of getting my hands on. I don't think I've played it after my English improved though, so this will be interesting.

I remember looking through the sound files many years ago and coming across one that took place in a tunnel or something, anyone know the context for that one?

Also, a way to lower the volume of the music might be an idea, it seems extremely loud. I suppose I could just go and adjust the file myself, but still XD

EDIT:
Just made it to the end. Blast from the past and all that. I guess the tunnel bit was me misremembering the downstairs hallway. Either way, fun to replay this after probably a decade or more. Thanks for making this possible!

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4

2019-08-17 11:44:31

I played it with no difficulty. Got stuck for a little bit when I tried to shoot the lock on the garage door with the ingredients in hand (they smash, you die, it's annoying). But the ability to save is so, so nice.
That booby-trap sequence is fast, man. I don't really mind, but it's definitely quick. Also, it's not obvious in the last cutscene what you're supposed to do with the doctor when the guy says "Quick! Shoot the doctor!". I got hung up on that briefly.
Now that I've played it through, I think I'm done with it, but this was a nice little blast from the past.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-08-18 09:59:10

Hi to the developer!
thanks for updating the game
I cannot open the door with the hammer and other thing is that I don't know the saif combo
but now you can save and load the game and its good.
is this game complete?
Thanks
ishan

life's battle do not always go to the stronger and faster man,
But sooner or later who win the one who thinks he can!

2019-08-18 19:56:14

Hello.

Please how can I play it in Coconut? How is linux launching command? If I write Python Main.py, it sais Python 2 is not supported. But if I write Python3 Main.py, it sais this:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "Main.py", line 54, in <module>
    import pygame
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'pygame'
But Python-pygame is installed, so what problem is?

Thanks.

Best regards

Vojta.

2019-08-20 18:53:21

Hello.

I am playing on linux, but I haven't got gun in my inventory. Eleanor said me here's gun, but I haven't got gun and I cannot shoot garage door.