2019-05-25 04:30:26

How big are the shipwrecks? So I know when to stop looking?

2019-05-25 12:21:25

they are randomised, ytping peer go helps i guess

2019-06-21 01:25:58

I've not updated this topic in a while, and I think I need to.
First up, as some of you may be aware, cosmic is running at full steam towards our July 1st, third birthday celebration and we're all very excited!
Next up, some important announcements, first:
  Friday, 14  June  2019 03:14 Lara Stardust: good evening peoples! Or for some, good morning. a very, *yawn*, good morning. The changes to space combat are now complete, and the system has been changed in accordance with how the staff discussed at the most recent host meeting, based on player feedback. Some of the changes are minor, others are big. Here are some minor ones first: 1. If a star has been drained, it can't be used as a stargate. 2. Bug fix, only local sector stars can be used for stargates now. 3. Manual now takes a varying amount of time based on a ships size. It will take significantly longer in bigger ships. And now for more major. Angles are gone. You may rejoice. The angles system has been replaced with a far more simplistic directional system of port, starboard, fore and aft, with up, down, and neutral on the z axis. the command structure, mounts, ETC are still very much the same, and engineering has been left as it was before. To that end, a few other things have changed: Some enemies have sped up, others have slowed down, and the rewards system there in, covered in a moment, has also been adjusted. Dog fighting, that where you fly quickly around an enemy fighter and hit it with lasers, has been made more significant in certain situations. the rewards system has changed, where you get creditted for damage done, and then separate bonuses for whether the ships leave the sector, or are destroyed. the sHelp gunning  file has been rewritten and sectioned off, with a strategies file also being thrown in for good measure. The new system is  far less math based than the last one, with an easier to type command syntax, EG, you type wa f n, rather than wa 0 0. Less hand stretching and the like and easier to remember. Tweaks will be made to it over the next month, while we settle rewards at a balanced amount, maybe speed up an enemy here slow down an enemy there, things you can only know with time. For now, at least, space combat is back online, the help files are updated, and I hope you enjoy the changes and will fall back in love with a truly wonderful system. Feedback, as always, appreciated.

Weapons have gotten some love, with each of the 19 host built weapons having different firing messages.
A lot of bug fixes have happened, and lots more!

Nathan Smith
Managing Director of Nathan Tech
It's not disability
It's ability!

2019-07-01 19:53:04

cosmic rage has reached its 3rd birthday
come and selebrate it if your feeling up to it
there are special events openned up for the curront time beeing, and new supryses coming over and

lara wrote:

a little competition for all you Cosmic Ragers. over the next few ours. As you know, our last peak was this time last year, in fact, it was about now that it occurred. Now while we might not be able to reach such dizzying heights, we can certainly hit some big numbers! So, here's my challenge. Get your friends to log in, spread the word, and if we reach 50, everyone will get 50 billion credits, and 500 role play points. 60 by midnight, and its 60 billion and 1000 role play points. 70 by midnight and you could be claiming yourself a massive 100 billion and 1500 role play points. Get us to 80, and I'll personally grant one free donator item to every player connected. So there is my challenge

enjoy and have a nice day,

2019-07-01 19:54:01

Have you joined the event?
It's cosmic Rage's third birthday, and there are still prizes up for grabs!
There is a big out of character quest, with a massive dose of humour involved, not to mention, the following challenge:
a little competition for all you Cosmic Ragers. over the next few ours. As you know, our last peak was this time last year, in fact, it was about now that it occurred. Now while we might not be able to reach such dizzying heights, we can certainly hit some big numbers! So, here's my challenge. Get your friends to log in, spread the word, and if we reach 50, everyone will get 50 billion credits, and 500 role play points. 60 by midnight, and its 60 billion and 1000 role play points. 70 by midnight and you could be claiming yourself a massive 100 billion and 1500 role play points. Get us to 80, and I'll personally grant one free donator item to every player connected. So there is my challenge

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2019-07-20 00:52:37

Bit of an update for everyone:
*huge new overhauls to cargo and transfer commands, with players saying "They love it"
*overhaul to the emoting system, boostin it from meh to wow!
*lots of bug fixes
*even more typo fixes
*a new space combat mission, Baurgan Raid. Unlike any other!
*improved colour picking systems
And more!

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2019-08-17 13:24:04

Is it just me or is the game down for some reason?

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2019-08-17 13:36:45

it'll be bac in fiew hours

2019-08-17 16:58:16

From what I know, there's a problem in the game, to be more precise, in the planet of earth, I think a few people died because of it but I don't know if it's the main reason but yeah, hope it gets fixed soon

2019-08-17 20:05:41

Hi there,
the server did indeeed go down for a bit, but it has returned!
The reason was a backstage coding issue, and not player related, woohoo!

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2019-09-19 11:44:30

@Dardar:

Any reason I'd get connection refused when I was connected fine last night. I didn't get any warnings I was aware of (however I could well have missed them in a small screen and odd client choices), I tried to connect earlier and got that so what's up with it, can ya look into it and either PM me or let me know in an email when you get a moment please? I'm just a little confused.

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

2019-09-19 11:51:46

nah, your fine, the game was down for several hours, but its back now

2019-09-22 11:29:50 (edited by Dark 2019-09-22 11:30:40)

Okay just to let people know. I was totally unable to create a new char. Everytime I try to play recently there is so much enew stuff I just get confused, so I wanted to run from the start and learn as I go, however when I tried creating a new char perhaps of a different race, I couldn't do it, whenever I tried I was told "incorrect password"

I thought a new char might be better than losing my 230 levels, but as I can't create one, its got to be reset time I suppose.
Mildly  disappointing, but on the other hand, as I remember lots of the starting activities have had major overhauls since i played through them, plus levelling is comparatively quick in cosmic rage which is nice, so it shouldn't take me too long to get back to where I was.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-09-22 15:24:00

I used to love this game at one point but once I got high level enough I came to realize that all the activities eventually take on a repetitiveness akin to standard mining operations. So I'd love to see different varieties of things in the future instead of just having a whole bunch of activities which are all inherited from mining. As it stands right now the game gets rather grindy rather quickly and I couldn't stay interested for more than a week, especially when I'd tag along with higher level players on "Awesome activities!" only to end up just sitting in their decked out star ships watching the same message scroll across the screen (and I joined a lot of players on higher level activities when I was playing.) Once the novelty of the messages wore off, I'd say "have a good day" and log off, saddened that another player has failed to impress me by insisting at first that the activity they're doing is totally awesome.

Basically I've found the game suffers from a wide disparity between automation and manual labor: if an activity is to be done manually, it's arduous enough to turn players away and is also drastically underrewarded, and if it's automated, it gets boring enough to put me to sleep.

If this changes I'd love to give this one another try. Player base is friendly and pretty active and I enjoyed that since nowadays these types of games are totally introverted and full of people who spend their latter lives in mommy and daddy's basement building up a character and owning the world in the game and being evil to everyone.

CR didn't suffer from that when I was on it: everyone I came across wanted to see everyone succeed and they were more than willing to help.

2019-09-22 18:59:53 (edited by Dark 2019-09-22 19:55:00)

I don't know when you last played Munawar, but  that criticism regarding automation has been made by myself as well as others, and at least some activities in the game received added layers of complexity and player interaction (I remember the laser pod fights were very cool), though how extensive that sort of overhaul has been or how many activities have it I don't know. I haven't  managed to get back into playing the game seriously for about a year now, since whenever I try I'm always massively playing catchup, hence why I just decided today to say bugger it and either create a new character or reset my old one, though I'm a little sad the hosts haven't got back to me yet either about my reset request nor my problems creating a new char, as its been a good few hours with both.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-09-22 20:01:32

the comments in 670 are well received, after the especially bad press the game seems to be getting of late.
Activities are indeed being worked on slowly, each one being given careful care and attention to try and vary everything up. there are only so many ways you can skin a cat, but we're giving it our best.

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2019-09-22 20:05:40 (edited by Dark 2019-09-22 20:08:43)

Any chance of please speeding up my reset time or fixing the character creation issue?
I'm quite looking forward to seeing how the lower level activities have changed now, and rather ironically everytime I login to see if my assist about the new char creation has got anywhere, I have to rereset my dragon big_smile.
Actually I wonder if the problem is how old my dragon  character is and that I'm missing some basic creation elements, and whether resetting would be a good idea anyway.

My Dragon is Acrinax pearl grey scale.

2019-09-23 00:48:22

When I pressed the mush z link, it gave me an error.

2019-09-23 05:38:02 (edited by Dark 2019-09-23 05:49:09)

This is true of several of the pack links, login to the game and type @Soundpacks (remember the at sign), and you can get the current links for several packs including the mush one.

That's how I had to find the links since I'm not sure when those on the website were last updated.

Hth.

I'm also now in a serious quandary, since do I login to the game and see if anyone has answered my assist about creating a new character? Or do I wait until tonight when the reset happens.
Actually if Dardar or any of the admins see this topic earlier, some assistance so that I could play the game might be very much appreciated.

2019-09-23 07:55:08

the 24 barrier is implemented because some of the players ragequitted and wanted their chars to be restored up hence that system was introduced
you gotta whait til the thing to wear off itself

2019-09-23 07:59:19 (edited by Dark 2019-09-23 08:37:15)

Oh I get the reason why, its just a little frustrating when I want to play the game and can't create a new char due to the password problem I mentioned, and have to wait to reset my old one, and I presume at this point it should be obvious that i am not ragequitting big_smile.

Actually I'm quite looking forward to restarting and seeing what's new in the lower level activities and picking things up as I go along.

2019-09-23 13:55:47

dardar wrote:

the comments in 670 are well received, after the especially bad press the game seems to be getting of late.
Activities are indeed being worked on slowly, each one being given careful care and attention to try and vary everything up. there are only so many ways you can skin a cat, but we're giving it our best.

I'm frustrated that at over rank 1000, there isn't any relaxing activities that pay as much as Star Studies both in cash and XP. I have tried to do shipwrecks, but ended up losing a helper drone that someone had made for me. Also, why isn't there any other way to get stun armor other than with a group activity that requires at least four people? It's great that CR is a social game, and I like chatting with folks, but quite frankly the grind for resources annoys me to the point of wanting a Moonbase so I can have my people go and grab 'em for me. I remember making a suggestion/report for an activity preference finder, or whatever I couldn't think of a nem for it. If you're in the mood for a group activity, you put your preferences in and it will not only help find activities that you can do, but group members that have a rank suitable to do the activity with you.

It can also suggest solo activities. Alter Aeon's group creation/recruitment etc was what partially inspired this idea. Perhaps high level activities such as moonbases should be offered at a lower level, E.G. 1000, but lock down features of the activity until a max level. That's how skills work at the moment so...

So basically I want to login and find an activity that is both solo and gives a reward that somebody high rank of over 1000 should receive. Planet Chunks are great, but I need stun armor to even properly solo those and they're the best place to get every resource. I need four people to get the stun armor though, and I can only login for, say, an hour. Well, organizing and leading volcano harvesting group, doing the activity etc will take some time.

Basically, I suggest doing what Starmourn does. For every group activity, have at least one solo activity to balance the group activities out. In Starmourn you can either play solo or group. In CR, you want stun armor or access to chunks, group.

Here's another problem I have. Me and a friend want to do activities together. He's... rank 400 or so, and I'm over 1000. There is nothing activity wise we could both do and get rewarded for it. Since I'm higher rank, I'd be receiving the reward while he comes along for the ride. I shouldn't have to make a new character, and even if I did, they'd be too low rank in this case.

2019-09-23 14:37:26

Agreed, as someone whose more a solo than group person I'd definitely be in favour of there being alternative ways to get stun crystals and so on.

Another thing I always wonddered about is crafting, since there are so many lower level crafting options, and yet you don't actually earn any credits or xp for engaging in them. This seems a bit odd since I would've assumed that in a high tech universe, anything hand made would be pretty valuable.

2019-09-24 11:41:39

Well I got my reset this morning and have restarted, now I'm playing a mutariansi called Wanderer.
I always fancied the mutariansi, they look like a really interesting race to play as with some unique abilities, though I also considered a larken. Maybe I'll try one later.

I'm already liking the changes to the newbie experience, especially with hand mining though I hope the reward is a little greater.
I'll try some other activities as well soon.

2019-09-24 17:42:46 (edited by amerikranian 2019-09-24 17:43:22)

See, I think the starting point is great, plenty of activities, quick advancement, a lot of new sites to visit. Get into rank 640, though, and you'll be sitting around doing absolutely nothing but typing in 3 or so commands 10 hours strait. Oh, and might I spoil one other thing for you? Star coring is just like star studying, except it's slightly more involved. The concept still remains the same, though, type in a few commands, sit around for 5 or so minutes, repeat. That's my problem with CR, the later activities just kind of blend together and sap my motivation to grind.