2019-08-16 17:44:18

Hey everyone.

So over at applevis that thing is already the hottest shit this summer, so I thought I would go and promote it here. For those of you who also snoop around applevis have seen this game beeing started over a year ago and evolved into a drama fest which let's TK and RS topics over here cry out in shame and hide as fast as possible.

Well, but to the point. CMR is a game which set it's bar quite high with the full mouthed statement by the developer that this will be the next big thing for the blind comunity and will rival audio defences quality.

Well, let's not talk about the dev actually not beeing the dev and more of a project leader type of thing and that he doesn't like critics and claims that he has the only blind developer which iOS has seen, but, let's talk about the game.

Firstly, the link.

https://www.applevis.com/apps/ios/games … -s-revenge

What I can say.

T^he game works almost identical to audio defence. It's a purely gyro based game where you carrie a firearm which you use by tapping the screen, and a maylay weapon which you use by swiping left or right.
Yes, you heard right, gyro only, so no swiping as in audio defence.
The next big problem is the input lag. When you use your firearm, you have about half a second delay before the trigger is pulled, which makes gameplay unnecessary slow. Next thing, the hitbox. You hear a target lock sound which is basically a little beap. Problem is, only if you hold the phone very still when you hear the beep you will hit your enemy with the shot, unlike audio defence where even aiming a bit to the left or right still made an impact. Here, well not, only if you are able to turn quickly, stop instantly, return back to the other direction because the enemy is still in the center but the target lock is already gone, slowly turn twards the enemy till you hear the target tone and shoot. You get my point, especially later on with faster and more enemys at the same time this gets redicolous.

Ridicolous is the next keyword, the cutscenes and intro scenes. I'm not sure about you, but this is the game where I often heard the term blind a hundret time in a minute, at leased it feels like that. The main antagonist in a nutshell is a mix of doctor bastard, without the sometimes funny jokes, and DC's joker, also without the funny jokes and puns.

The game is initially free, but you have the chance to purchase tickets and tokens, so two virtual curencys to waste real money on. And no, you don't get either by completing any chapters, so to buy weapons and powerups, at leased as it seams to me you have to pay real money, did the guys team up with blindfold games or what?

Sooo, it could be a good game, but it still needs quite a lot of work.

Try it for your own and maybe you have another opinion than me on that game.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2019-08-16 18:00:04

that's awesome,  i'm downloading it now

And as anyone who's gone mountain climbing knows ,The serene snow-covered peaks that look so tranquil from a bdistance, Are the deadliest
sound is my vision
i rarely check my private messages on the forum, so if you want to contact me please use my email, or dm me  at oussama40121 on tw

2019-08-16 18:44:28

How dare you offend, I mean be so negative, well, anyways, can't even speak like the people on there. Seriously though, yet to give the game a full try which I will do later today, however when I started it and noticed how awesome and laggy the menues are and how they use Microsoft David for whatever reason I knew it could not be a great game. You cannot interrupt speech too. For the reference, yes he did say he took some ideas from blindfold games.
However, I did play the game for only a few minutes and will give it more time soon, then I might change some of my statements, but this is only a first impression.

2019-08-16 19:09:13

Okay, the thing that frightens me is that you can't get new weapons and stufff for free. Like you're missing the fun of trying out new weapons, basicaly you can't deal with harder enemies, thanks. I launched the game and noticed the laggy menus and laggy everything. Hm, wil be interesting to play this thing.

Hail, Daughter of Hatred. Creator of Sanctuary. Hail...Lilith.

2019-08-16 19:42:54

Yeah thanks but no thanks. The gameplay is just as laggy as everything, and the game is not hard because it is challenging, but because it is laggy. Not to mention that tilting really sucks and as has been mentioned one step out of the way and it wont work. I don't know how any gamer and tester on the earth that tested this could miss all  this, but there it goes.

2019-08-16 19:55:11

Lol. This is about what I expected from this kind of dev. Nothing to see here.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2019-08-16 19:56:51

Yeah same, still I was kind of hoping you can't get it so wrong with this tipe of game.

2019-08-16 19:58:52

Lol the biggest issue are the in app purchases and the zero to nothing hitbox.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2019-08-16 20:07:14 (edited by Jeffb 2019-08-16 20:09:44)

Let's keep in mind that this is their first game. If it had been a paid game with weapons unlocked people would complain that it was to expensive, to easy, or both. I'll admit that the cut scenes are a bit much but the cercus master does sound like Side Show Bob so I give that voice actor major props. I agree that Blind Fold Games is too expensive and that the Blind Fold Games developer has a huge ego but I think it is a stretch to say he copied his prices. I've seen other IOS games with similar price ranges such as Lords and Knights, Trivia Crack and so on. That is just a fact of the IOS market that we have to deal with. I do agree that there needs to be another way to earn tokens and tickets but that feedback can be given without jumping down the dev's throat. I wouldn't be surprised if some time in the future we don't get any more audio games because the blind community always nitpicks everything when they make their first game. I think that Cercus Master is a good game and it fills a gap for those that can no longer play Zombie Arena. Is it perfect? No but few games ever are 100% perfect. Let's give this game some more time and I don't know maybe try not to slam it?

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2019-08-16 20:16:49

Dude, stop thinking in that way please. I get so tired of hearing we wont have more audiogames if we are so critical. How come we are not critical for some developers and are for others? It must be that we throw a die and if we get anything lower than 10 we decide to criticize somebody. I'm not scared that we wont get more audio games, because there are devs who don't try to ripp you off like that. However, if we go by your logic, I can say well you know, this can show to other devs that we accept any game even if it is almost not playable, and we are ready to buy anything just to support them and get more games. It must be that they are clearly doing something wrong. Oh yeah, a blind legend was a first game for that developer and it was epic for what it did. Best of all, you could play it freely. This, this is barely playable. Okay, I get it, his first game, that's fine. However, he  hiped the game up. It's not my words that he copied blindfold games when it comes to pricing, it's his words, he said on the topic that he talked with Marty about some ideas. This game was in testing. He did not say, hey, this is my first iOS game, check it out and share your opinions. He said that this game is unique, that it it is a first game made by a blind developer, and so on. Probably my last words on this unless we get an update fixing the horrible lag. In fact, okay, I can live with in app purchase, but if you tried this game you would notice that there is lag. You literally cannot do some levels without a powerup, not because they are challenging but because it takes a second for the game to process any touch.

2019-08-16 20:21:51

I was under he impression that Marty actually coded it. Did this change?

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2019-08-16 20:23:29

I got my mobility blues today
when I reach my destination
they got me turnin' back around

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2019-08-16 20:25:21 (edited by ogomez92 2019-08-16 20:35:41)

let the fun begin... if you look behind you... mwahahha I forgot
really?
seriously?
fah

And I thought some of gold gun's lines were bad... but this game... well, yeah

2019-08-16 20:27:49

@Liam not listed in the credits, I don't think he coded it since as much as I don't like his games either, at least they never had lag.

2019-08-16 20:29:06 (edited by Jeffb 2019-08-16 20:35:41)

I do not have any lag issues on my end. I suggest turning off Voiceover if you haven't. Sure I'd agree with you if this hasn't been happening with every single IOS game. He asked Marty for some ideas pricing doesn't have to be 1 of them. And there is a way of saying you don't like sertaint parts of the game without acting like you are entitled to a perfect gaming world because every game should be perfect. Also I think that this topic should be more about the game and less about the developer. Also if I was thinking about making a game and putting work into it and saw all this negativity I'd think twice. You can suggest improvements without bashing...

2019-08-16 20:40:39

Hey, I actually like some of the blindfold games. I don't really blame the guy for wanting to sell, but there are better strateggies for doing this.
For instance, make tokens earnable via grinding, but make them purchaseable as well to give the player an easier time.
I actually enjoyed the game itself, were it not for the lag, but the audio and sounds are ok. I like bashing clowns with the bat, makes such a wonderful gore sound.

But the lines, and the thing about don't worry if you hit this guy he has terminal illness and will not feel it... Whoever wrote this script has their mind somewhere else. I mean, last week my aunt died of terminal cancer, so I might be a bit too sensitive about this, but do we really have to go this far? I don't think so.

2019-08-16 20:47:45

@ogomez92 I agree about the lines and the tokens and tickets.

2019-08-16 20:50:18

14. I'm not sure. I just remember that the original idea when the kickstarter was going on was to have Marty code it. I haven't had a chance to play this yet so I'm unsure.

2019-08-16 20:52:18

Yeah, I cannot say all the blindfold games are crap, because they are not. Breakout, pong and a few others are quite good, you will probably like something else depending on your stile of play. However, if we can mention 5 or 10 out of 80 games as being good then that's quite bad in my opinion. Generally I don't hate his games as much as his design philosophy, i.e Samantha at pitch 7 by default for whatever reasons, buttons instead of switches, many gestures to remember which could be avoided with a simple UI in most games and so on.

2019-08-16 21:03:07

I don't hate all the Blindfold games either, but that pricing model needs to go and leaves a bad taste in my mouth. For that reason, I refuse to play any of them anymore, because I won't support a dev who has the balls to keep on price gouging like that. Yes, I did play many of them when I first got an Iphone, but I honestly think they should be boycotted.

As for this game, I didn't play it that much, so can't really comment beyond the fact that I don't really care for the aiming system. To me, the targeting sound is a bit too quiet, and it's not easy to get into the proper alignment. It would be unfair of me to judge the game based on that alone, so I'd like to point something else out. If you're going to post about a new release, I really don't think the first post of the topic should be filled with your own opinion. The first post about a new release should be as neutral as possible so as to let people make their own decisions about said game. Spew all the venom you want in subsequent posts, but I hope to never see this kind of thing again in the new releases room in the future. It's distasteful and could easily drive devs away.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2019-08-16 21:10:20

I agree with 20. the first post here should have not been an op ed piece on the game.
The new releases room is really something that needs a bit of overhauling. IE. What can be posted there. How It can be posted. ETC. In a perfect world, only developper's would be allowed to post in it, but that sort of thing is never going to happen as it's too much bookkeeping.

2019-08-16 22:06:04

Hello.

I beta tested this game but gave up after level 8.

I tried the game today and it's not my kind of thing.

I got to level 8 and kept dieing, that's not a bad thing, i'm probably just bad at the game but the targeting system as others have said does seam to be off a little and as far as I know you can't get any other weapons or upgrades for them without buying stuff.

I don't mind this but would prefer it if we could grind for the weapons if we don't want to pay, perhaps we can in the endless mode?

The game deffinetly has issues but i'm sure they'll be fixed and just because it's not my kind of thing does not mean that others will not enjoy it.

I'm gone for real :)

2019-08-16 22:10:39

To be clear, since I'm sure someone will bring this up, I would feel exactly the same way if someone wrote an overwhelmingly positive review of whatever game they posted about. The only difference is that I would be asking who paid them to write it lol. Seriously, though, I would bet that the majority of people who read about new games do not read the rest of the posts in a topic. Many of them may not even be registered users. Most people are going to just see a new game was released, download it, and try it out. Poisoning their first impressions, whether negative or positive, isn't right.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2019-08-16 22:42:36

All right, I have played the game for a while and here are my thoughts. The game is quite fun. Yes, the aiming is a bit finicky, but it is still fun. After a while, you do start earning weapons and tokens.  My only major complaint is that you absolutely have to have a Facebook account to save your progress, and I don’t know about you, but I don’t like having to use social media when I don’t have to.

2019-08-16 22:48:46

Since no one asked, wonder if it will come to android.

I agree about the negativity post at the top being distasteful. On the flip side, I do think that minor issues should be pointed out, especially if there is a workaround solution, but dont let it be the focus of the thread. Maybe save opinions for later, but a little bit of enthusiasm when introducing a game couldn't hurt, but I do get annoyed when I go to read a game description and the first 10 lines are 5 star reviews from so and so.