2019-08-16 02:28:31

Hi guys. I have a question regarding laptop batteries. But let me give you a scenario. What happened after my laptop reaches 100%, when I go to notifications area it says...
"Fully charged, 100%." What I want to happen is when it reaches 100%, I want my laptop plugged-in but not charging so that it will just use the power supply, not the battery itself. Because my indication when it is using the power supply directly, it will just say, the % of the battery then plugged-in, not charging. That label there. How's that possible? I want to use the power supply because I don't what to charge and after completing the charging process I'm gonna remove the power supply again? But the thing is, I also don't want to overcharge my battery. I am using Asus laptop X507UB, windows 10 64-bit processor. So what can you say about this?

2019-08-16 03:45:12

It won't overcharge, there is protection in there for that. Some will let you use an alternate plan though, for keeping the battery a bit less than full for constant power usage though.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-08-16 07:46:07

Sometimes when my battery reaches 100%, I plug it out. Then when it reaches 97 or 96 percent, I plug it back in. THen it shows me a notification like this,
97% plugged in, not charging
First I thought it was a bit weard. Maybe you could try that...

I am not someone who is ashamed of my past. I'm actually really proud. I know I made a lot of mistakes, but they, in turn, were my life lessons. Drew Barrymore
Follow me on Twitter, Discord and Instagram

2019-08-16 08:07:48

practical advice. 1. when laptop says 100% fully charged. it does, not. use the battery.
2. battery has protection in place to stop chargeing when it is full. then laptop cheques for power adapter. if present, it uses the power from the adapter. not the battery.
3. the battery is designed to run down to about 99 or 98 percent before restarting the charge.
this may or may not always be apparent. since you can restart the charge at any time. but if left on A C power this behaviour is observed in many laptops and is completely normal.
4. in lenovo laptops it does allow you to change the charge threshold as to when it must stop/start to charge. This is not always to desirable because it cannot always be fine tweaked and forces you to chose a preset range.
so, in conclusion.
there is no worry that your battery will be damaged due to keeping it plugged in all the time.
In fact, the charging cycles that makes up its useful life, wil be eaten up less should you not often need use for the battery.
Hope this helps. smile

There's a place for me in this universe.

2019-08-16 10:43:25

Thank you guys. Now I get it. Thank you so much, I won't have to worry

2019-08-16 17:36:11

all I have to say is 0 percent AC power on.
yep, i'm skrued.

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.