2019-08-15 18:31:34

I'm curious to know if those issues to do with button mashing persist in today's build 1.1.5j.  I disabled some DirectInput code that I had put in around the same time that I started adding the narration and such.  I have no idea if that is causing the problem but I have no other ideas.

2019-08-15 21:25:39

@Aaron
Thank you so much, glad to hear I'm not the only one having this particular issue.
As for the question @special magic posed, I would have no earthly clue.
However, if you're saying these issues didn't come up till recently, I'd look at your code, and try to figure out what you implemented more recently that might be responsible for it.
I'm willing to say that it might just be me and @aaron, and our computers, but still we'd have to figure out what on our pcs specifically would cause the code to break.
I'm genuinely wanting to purchase this game, but this issue needs to be resolved, if it can be resolved, before I would do that that.

"Hope is the thing with feathers that perches with in the soul, that sings the tune without the words and never stops at all."
Emily Dickenson

2019-08-15 21:35:13

Guys not sure if this has been asked before, but there are many messages in this post.
I have some questions
1. What are the different bell sounds that sometimes play left to/right?
2. what are holds? I saw them mentioned in a bonus objectives (do all the holds right), but I don't know what these are, they have not appeared in any tutorial yet.

Thanks!

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2019-08-15 21:55:05

ogomez92 wrote:

Guys not sure if this has been asked before, but there are many messages in this post.
I have some questions
1. What are the different bell sounds that sometimes play left to/right?

Hmmm. I also wonder the same thing.

ogomez92 wrote:

2. what are holds? I saw them mentioned in a bonus objectives (do all the holds right), but I don't know what these are, they have not appeared in any tutorial yet.

Thanks!

As far as the holds, for right now, @specialmagicgames has disabled them, do to not knowing how to implement them into the audio cues modes.
Hope this helps, big_smile

2019-08-15 22:03:55

The bells indicate where turns and straight-aways are in the track.  So when you hear the chime up in the center, that is a good time to use a speed boost.

I may at some point add these sounds to the cues screen so you can get a description of what all of the sounds are.

2019-08-15 22:11:32

Ok folks, I just uploaded yet another build where the crash reporting improvements actually seem to be working.  So, if you do get a crash, I would appreciate it if you could continue to send logs to [email protected].  Hopefully one of them will give me insight enough to figure out what has been going on.

2019-08-15 22:20:55

oh holds are disabled? why? there could be an easy way, like indicate the number of beats or something via audio, I don't know.

2019-08-15 23:31:23

I still can't get past the Project Avian mission, now for some reason it seems even harder. I can now tell where the bots are but I'm still utterly failing to get past barriers. Can someone record how they did it or something?

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2019-08-15 23:43:27

stewie, you could play brutal defenses or rush delivery to practice the barriers.  They are the same mechanic.  You can dodge all of the ones in these missions just by being near the wall.

2019-08-16 01:22:45

Hey @special magic games I'm really enjoying the game and really appreciate all the updates.
Is there a cue to indicate where you are on the track
in relation to where the cars and walls are? I'm having trouble getting the bonus for "Welcome to Daimon Space." I can hear where the walls are but I can't hear where the cars are in relation to mine. If there's no sound cue, can you make it so that when I steer, I can hear my own engine and the engines of other racers? If you pann my racer engine noise as I'm steering, I would get a better sense of where my racer is in relation to either side of the track and other racers.

Also, would playing sustained musical notes based on the length of the hold work for holds?

Game Man

2019-08-16 01:34:59

@game man
"you" are always in the center of the stereo audio.

I just today realized that I need to do more work on the panning of rival racers, because it isn't quite right at the moment.  You don't really hear where they are until they are too close.

To get that bonus objective, realize that if they get in front of you, they will try to dive-bomb you.  So, one sure way to get the bonus objective is to never let them get in front of you.

2019-08-16 02:32:45

I did it. Going back to Brutal defenses helped. I think I was struggling  so much because I was trying to avoid hitting the sides of the track and overcompensating towards the center. Even though the pan a lways has you in the center, I think maybe another mode to play a sound panned based on where you are on the track would help a lot.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2019-08-16 03:45:06

Is there a chance we could get a practice mode? These later tracks are brutal and it'd make it way easier to figure out sections I'm stuck on without having to replay the whole track each time.

2019-08-16 04:11:43

Loving everything so far and the attention given to accessibility. I hope it results in a lot of sales, and I certainly will buy when the Steam sale goes live.
You mentioned that the audio mode has half the notes of the visual mode. I'd be curious for the challenge of just as many notes.
Several of us are changing the default panning of the R and U keys to match F and J. This may be something to consider by default. Also, panning of -5 and -3 instead of -5 and -4 gives more separation. Same for the right side.

I'm still working on steering and barriers, but loving so much about the game so far.
As for holds, you could either loop the percussion or find other sounds that loop better.

Is there a key to repaet the last spken text?

2019-08-16 04:36:51

yeah, I'm of the same opinion as the last person who posted.
it would be interesting to see what happens if we have the same amount of notes as sighted people.
If you're nervous it might be too difficult, you could just add another difficulty level, and put in a previso of how it's more difficult, so new people can understand the difference.
Also, given the proper mechanics, I think we can do holds just fine.
I like the idea of a sustained note. You could rhythmically count how long it is, then it's up to you to hold it for that length.
The similar our game is to that of the normal mainstream version, honestly the better it is.
I've barely played the game, and I can see you're doing an awesome job.
Just keep it up.

"Hope is the thing with feathers that perches with in the soul, that sings the tune without the words and never stops at all."
Emily Dickenson

2019-08-16 05:07:32

Audible cues mode 2 has the same number of notes as the visible cues mode.  In today's update, I added an option in the accessibility->audio cues menu to adjust how early the cues are.

To be honest I am more concerned right now about making all of the mission mechanics accessible than I am about holds.

2019-08-16 07:47:34

Hi all,

I just played a bit today and realised something similar to the problems some people are experiencing.
The game is just pausing randomly when I am playing and the game window is freezing. When I am tabbing out of the game and going back to it unpausing works and I can play but it is happening during the level.

I need to test it more to see what is causing that but as for now I realise it started when I enabled clipboard thing. I am playing using DS4 controller just incase this coule be important.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2019-08-16 08:51:20

@silver moon and @aaron, i am also having problems just like both of you. After i complete a mission, pause the game and select the menu that is available, E.G restarting a mission or quitting the game, or if I failed at a rhythm, the game freeses, so the only option is to quit the game from the task manager. With the latest update, when I open the game it says crash detected, however when I open a log file it doesn’t tell what’s causing the crash.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2019-08-16 10:06:13 (edited by ogomez92 2019-08-16 10:07:55)

Hi
I was having a similar issue with the game lagging and freezing
Make sure your screen is landscape, I often keep my laptop lid closed and it goes to portrait automatically.
If I open the lid, the game does not freeze.

hth

P.S: Why not make an accessibility mode to completely turn off the screen in order to save graphics rendering power? Completely blind users do not need it, and it would certainly give the CPU an easier time.

2019-08-16 10:26:53

Actually It's good to have the screen enabled and active. Games should be inclusive, not exclusive for us. My wife likes to watch me playing.

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2019-08-16 12:36:30

The game pauses if it loses focus.  Is that what is happening?

2019-08-16 12:39:43

@244: Another issue might be that your computer is defaulting to the integrated graphics when the lid is closed. My laptop always has signifficantly degraded performance in games when the lid is closed and I suspect it's either using a low power mode or completely disabling my Nvidia card.

2019-08-16 13:36:44 (edited by ogomez92 2019-08-16 13:37:08)

it's probably what 247 says.
@245. games should be exclusive when there's someone watching sure, but what if  I'm playing on my own? Your post makes no sense to me.

2019-08-16 13:44:06

Well, iit's not a big deal for me as my PC is powerfull enough to handle most (if not all) games on the highest settings. If that would make the game not that poer consuming is to add a toggle which will enable or disable the graphics.

@special magic games Yeah, for me it is just freezing so I need to change the window and go back to unpase the game. I'll test it without the clipboard turned on and let you know if it's still happening.

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2019-08-16 14:46:10

@244, I've set the screen to landscape mode, but the game is still not responding when I complete a mission, pause the game or failing at a rhythm.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!