2019-08-15 16:04:31

@22 It's down to the people wanting to do this. If someone reasonable wanted to try, I'd not say anything and would even support them.

I mean first, we have Mason. The classic wishy-washy. You never know what he's going to do because his emotions rule him and he's impulsive to the extreme. Then we have Simter, a kid, and not a very nice kid at that. He's rude, snappy, untrustworthy and unliked by a lot of people here.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-08-15 19:32:26

Okay but the thing is-
most of these people creating these forums do it, it seems, only to stick it to someone. "oooo you very bad bad audio games.net moderator people, I maked a way way more good forum, and I will take away all your people! Screw you guys!
[aside: gosh... hope mommy didn't hear that...]"
I've seen people bring up good points for creating different forums / subreddits for this sort of thing, but none of these reasonable folk have actually created it. It has only been the unstable ones. Yeah. That forum Mason chunked together in rage after he rage quit ag.net complete with a blaze storm of snappy jabs, yeah we all knew that one wouldn't last. Hey, at least he really stuck it to Jade and others (I say Jade since that mod was the topic of one of his goodbye posts), by creating a thriving forum that lasted an entire, jaw dropping, breath taking month. That really done showed 'em.
But I mean yeah, Simter, if you want to go grab a free x10 account and slap punbb on it one rainy Saturday afternoon, please let us all know when it's done so we can go to Simters-epic-blind-audio-games-forum-site.Simter-cool-kid.x10.mx/forum_blindness_games or whatever the hell and enjoy it for the first day it exists before bots or childish inhibitions take it over.
Cheers!

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2019-08-15 19:44:16

lol

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-08-15 20:02:44

Yeah, you guys are right. I wasn't in the greatest of moods yesterday, and I should have expanded on the point I was trying to make. My problem is that immature people making forums is actually a lot worse than there being no secondary forum at all, because now, if a good one were to ever show up, most people wouldn't give it a fair chance since jackasses ruined the concept, a concept, I might add, that many people are reluctant to embrace in general.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2019-08-16 00:22:58 (edited by defender 2019-08-16 09:34:13)

@24
You know?  I think I'm okay with that.
@25
I don't know if you are aware of much of his history...

2019-08-16 13:27:13

I had no almost no history with forums and almost no history with collecting user data. You guys just combine 2 completely different happenings and call me untrusty in a thing i never did before.

Lamas with hats, but with sponge bob as carl Stay tuned.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvAUQt … subscriber

2019-08-16 22:33:02 (edited by defender 2019-08-16 22:34:29)

Your an ammature at that kind of thing and you aren't using a high quality paid service to host, I also wouldn't put it past you to mess with the accounts of users you dislike.  that's The only reason I wouldn't trust you to keep it running.  No, the other stuff has to do with your maturity level.  I can't imagine your rules would be very well written or that your sections would be well organized, and since you can't seem to take criticism you wouldn't even be a good admin on your own forum, which also means you can't really manage lower admins properly either.  You often cause problems with your attitude and have a pretty thin skin, so I can't imagine how much the banning system would be abused.  Your also a target because of all of this, so you would almost certainly be hacked and spammed right away, which is something you don't have the experience to protect against.
You'll probably also be back in school soon and have little time to run the forum.

2019-08-16 23:21:07 (edited by Simter 2019-08-16 23:24:15)

I'm already back in school. I how ever have a really great timetable.
When it comes to atitude you are kind of right. The thing is just, i can not change it. As i see, that started after the big lc fight. Lc was crap, I know. But at the time where i made it, i was kind of prowd of what i had done, cause i didn't knew what real game developing was.
How ever, i am hosting a few online games servers, and this works smoothly, i had to ban noone until now. And also if i disagree with people, i don't ban them. This would be cowardly.
Also, i am actually paing for my server, not for the domain but for the srv it self. It's soon time to do that again, i am paying yearly.

2019-08-16 23:27:18

I finally understand the sentiment. Simpter, I wish you luck, and i hope you mature and dont violate our privacy and fairness

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2019-08-17 00:23:14

I won't jaydon, once i get the forum up i won't look into the db unless i screw something up, and even if then i wonn't look up your user data.

2019-08-17 05:31:01 (edited by Ethin 2019-08-17 05:32:40)

@33, you can't change it? I call bullshit on that. I have no doubt that three years ago, hell, maybe even Now, Defender would say the same about me. I have no doubt that two years ago, maybe even a year, he definitely would say the same thing. You can change your attitude; its called maturing. Maturing is a natural process of life, though it certainly is possible to resist it. Even now, there are people on this forum who don't want me even being a mod, for very valid reasons. I fully agree with that; I don't want to be a mod of this forum because I know that I wouldn't be able to handle young immature people. (It goes without saying that I would most likely find the general experience a miserable one right now.)

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-08-17 07:33:28

Well I'm glad your trying to improve Simter, and maybe with anyaudio dead and LC gone you can and this won't matter as much, but even as of that whole stolen sounds thing on your latest game you were responding badly and that was like two weeks ago. so you can understand why I'm pretty worried about how you'll react when people spam and such.
That and, if adults post on your forum, and they start having adult problems with each other, it's kinda hard to trust a kid to understand and deal with that.

2019-08-17 13:27:09

i agree with these points made heare,         and honestly i haven't    changed my mind about you     simter    because  of what happened  with your last game and stolen sounds and how you reacted back

And as anyone who's gone mountain climbing knows ,The serene snow-covered peaks that look so tranquil from a bdistance, Are the deadliest
sound is my vision
i rarely check my private messages on the forum, so if you want to contact me please use my email, or dm me  at oussama40121 on tw

2019-08-17 18:06:19

Hello,

I can go make a new one right now if people are interested in it, it's a few minutes work to set up. Check out enadia.xyz for an example of my previous work.

2019-08-19 23:11:45

wov you can put forum like this, if you can, please teach me

2019-08-20 01:16:41

It would be cool to have another forum. So, 39, if you see it fit, you go right ahead.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here